So what's new with Mayong Mistmoore?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-PinkBike, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Pentarum Guest

Dont think they are the same but I do find the "spire" part for the fay one odd. Mayong shouts, 'I saw Takish`Hiz buried under a sea of burning sand.' So he was there for when the fayspire came about? Then he adopted it for his Dreadspire? Fluke maybe I dont know seems odd they are connected to Mayong through the Tower of frozen shadows(vul?) and his ex lover.
    Message Edited by Pentarum on 01-31-2007 07:52 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Pyrrhx Guest

As to seeing Fayspire come about... likely. Fayspires was on the same continent as Takish`Hiz, except far to the North.
    As to adopting Fayspire for Dreadspire... unlikely. While I haven't seen Dreadspire, it's unlikely he'd adopt the name from an elven city afloat on Winter's Deep near the elf (Fay folk) built "spires" for what is likely a tower in a realm ripped from Quellious' plane.
    Both connected to Mayong through the Tower of Frozen Shadows... unlikely. Three separate locations, and Fayspire seemed to referenced the spires being built in Winter's Deep moreso than the single tower in the center of the city.
    **as to location- I'm not sure where Tower of Frozen Shadows was, but... Fayspire would be located between Everfrost and Lavastorm, and pretty sure Dreadspire was planar.

Message Edited by Pyrrhx on 02-02-2007 07:49 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Tower of Frozen Shadow was on Velious, remember?
  4. ARCHIVED-Pyrrhx Guest

When I played EQL, I only roamed around GFay as an Elven bard, and around Innothule with a froglok Shaman.
    Everything I else I know about EQL has been absorbed from you, Nocturnal, and a varied few other lore regulars.
    Aside from that... I came from EQOA...(hodstock)...
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You didn't play it very long? That's too bad. Velious was one expansion you just had to see for yourself.
    Anyways, in the zone called Iceclad Ocean, the geographic part of Velious called the Icy Fingers was where the Tower of Frozen Shadowed could be found.
    Nearby on the same island, the Icepaw Gnolls lived in thier igloos. They were pretty cool. Basicly Eskimos. Fishermen and such who worshiped E'Ci, the god of ice. Not agressive at all.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pentarum Guest

Ahh the Mammoth trains!! And Giant Death Squads!! Who can forget =P
  7. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Tower of Frozen Shadow, as mentionned, was in the IceClad ocean, which, like all of Velious, is in the southern part of Norrath (somewhat equivalent to Antarctica I believe). It was made of bricks formed from (or infused with) the souls of Erudites; IIRC Erudites who died during the Erudin/Paineel war. (Had Luclin opened before Velious, I'm sure there would've been Kerran ghosts in ToFS too, but all we have is Erudite ghosts)

Dreadspire is located in a stalactite that was reshaped into the living space we see by drachnids hundreds (maybe thousands) of years ago, overlooking the StoneRoot Falls in the vast caverns underneath Antonica. (Hard to tell for certain but I'd say it's likely in caverns mostly centered under the Serpent's Spine).

I don't recall any lore saying the Demiplane of Blood was torn from part of Quellious's realm; I thought it was simply a partial plane Mayong made from the Ether in general (similar to how Rallos formed the Plane of Innovation to serve as his testing ground, or how the Plane of Torment and Plane of Rage were formed for their respective demigoddesses). When Mayong reached full godhood, he sucked the strength of various gods it seems, usurped control of the Plane of Music (another plane that Drinal had created for her daughter), and caused havoc in general. We're (in EQLive) starting to see more of the effects of that as more and more undead infest Norrath, and the sun itself appears to be waning.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

For the record when he means that Luclin had opened before Velious, Velious actually came out before Luclin as far as expansions go, and it was Druzzil Ro, not Drinal.
  9. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Thanks for the corrections. Too early in the morning at the time. :)

And yeah I was doing a bit of a "What if Luclin opened before Velious then ToFS would probably have Kerran ghosts along with Erudite Ghosts". As is, Luclin came out after Velious, so the devs at the time likely weren't even thinking of the storyline ties in that way.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Oh there's still a good chance Kerran souls were involved as they blasted the Vah Shir to Luclin long before they even knew that Luclin existed.
  11. ARCHIVED-TheWays Guest

Not sure where you're getting your information on this. While the creation of the Plane of Innovation has never been definitely proven, I believe that it was actually created by Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane and meant to be the workshop of the genius of Meldrath the Magnificent. Sure, in the Planes of Power expansion, Rallos commisioned a weapon to be built in the plane of innovation, but he certainly did not create the plane itself to develop this weapon.

From what I can tell, in general, whenever a demiplane is created it is at the expense of another plane of existence (Such as druzzil ro creating the demi planes of art and music from her own plane). Which kind of points to the source of all the gods planes of power, the limitless ether the Namesless stumbled across and shaped so many years ago.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Aye. It's mentioned just how the Plane of Innovation came to existance.
  13. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Lets just say the sun dimmed over Norrath like in EQ1 and the sky were to turn red... [IMG] would he gain even more power? and do you think this would happen in eq2?
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Josgar@The Bazaar wrote:
    Wait.... what?
  15. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

everquest 1's sky turned blood red during the day now :D and the sun is blocked out!
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It started turning blood red after the Depths of Dark Hollow event? interesting.
  17. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

More like with teh new expansion released, and we think its mistmoore, because the undead have suddenly been able to stay up all day now.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You mean in Kithicor? That's the only place where the undead come out at night.
  19. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

nope he means the karana's and commonlands and such. Plus from what i hear theres a mass gathering of undead in mistmore Apparently in the newest expansion Something is wrong with Solasek Ro. Solaris his home is supposedly being invaded by mistmore but other speculate they are working together....but in the end something is up with solesek where his power is lessened and the sun does not shine as bright..hence the red tint during the day.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I stopped playing EQlive when EQ2 came out. This was before Dragons of Norrath. I dont know what changes have been made in EQlive since then. There weren't very many undead found in the Karanas back then, so I dont know why there are a bunch of them now.