So what's new with Mayong Mistmoore?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-PinkBike, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Wastura Guest

Might be noteable to look into the D'Morte guy running around all vampire like etc. He's been screwing with us since T6 in Living Tombs, though I don't recall an instance earlier than that and Bloodlines. He comes into GOAA and creates a named to try and kill you. Went to FTH and guess who I saw floating around being called master and being all "untouchable" and stuff?
  2. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

D'Morte is working against Mistmoore. In Gates of Akhet Akhen he is searching for the Ewer, which you destroy before he gets to it in the Godking questline. The Ewer is the artifact that originally made him a vampire. In Freethinker's Hideout, he is after another powerful artifact that the Freethinker's were in possession of which supposedly holds great power against Vampires.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zoren Northwood Guest

Wrong!
  4. ARCHIVED-Wastura Guest

Going to have to agree. He doesn't seem like an invader to FTH, and it seems to me that though they are rival vampires, Mayong wouldn't allow someone a complete rise in power against him.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

[IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

7. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

In-game text backs up what I said... so...
    RIGHT!
    I don't have the quote, but you can see it for yourself by doing the Hand of Glory questline. Hack, in the Village of Somborn, tells you that the Freethinker's Hideout was... well... a Hideout for the Freethinkers. It was overrun by a force of vampires and werewolves. The Freethinkers tried to take it back and failed... and they send you in to recover the Mask of Blackwater before the Vampires can get to it.
    Why else would there be dead Freethinkers laying around Freethinker's Hideout if D'Morte wasn't an invader to the place?
  8. ARCHIVED-Senliten Guest

I hate to bust everyones bubble on saying if the ye ol vampire fart is a god yet. But if any of the people played from a players perspective in EQ1 and fought mayong in his lil world. It was "us" the players that had spilled his first ammount of blood to make him cross over the threshold from mere normal NPC to god/demi-god

Now lets try and put those two words together.. God.... Demi-god both are just about the same but one is more powerfull.... or of a different allegance. I for one do belive that Mayong has surpassed the deity's and in due time from a players perspective we all will see what he has gained and learnt in the past good few hundred years.

But if some of you are saying he is not a god or whatnot.. read the journal entries from EQ1 ingame then take those and combine with the lore.. Im still not even up to the Prophecy Lore cause it is so dang long the one im on...
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

A demi-god is a mortal ascended to godhood. Once they become a god, they have as much power as any other.

Anyways, the other thread says that the players who killed him last night reported there was nothing of any lore regarding his death.
  10. ARCHIVED-TheGReddy Guest

Okay gonna make my theory from whatever in-game lore that was posted in this thread.
    Okay so Mayong became a demi-god(he said so himself) Then im guessing he went to the plane of hate and maybe bargained his godhood for some neat toys(from sig quest starter and the crazy prophet in DoF:smileywink:) Or when he went to the plane of hate he stole some goods and got his [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] beat by Inny:smileyvery-happy:
    Anyway now he is locked up in his inner sanctum doing some stuff which i dont know about.
  11. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

I have a feeling the lore for his death isn't exactly in yet. I'm just curious if Mayong and his vampire minions are keeping to themselves? Also does mayong care about Kerafyrm and his all mighty rampage he is doing in the overrealm?
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I appologize for berating your post, but does everyone always assume that major characters and NPC's who hold some ammount of power in the game is automaticaly aware or interested in what others of thier kind is doing?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Mayong couldn't care less about Kerafyrm.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zoren Northwood Guest

Just thought I'd post some of the text from the books involved in The League questline. Some great stuff indeed, to be found in Mayong's library.

I've read 'Symbols of Ages Past':
    Several of the pages in this book have been marked. Though the book is written in the common tongue, it is an ancient form and many of the words are undecipherable. You can make out '...the nine dots represent the...for they shall return and...' as well as a reference to '...two forged in the fire of...' and later on, a reference to a mysterious stone that somehow binds these two together.

I've read 'Zebuxoruk's Book of Prophecies':
    This book is newly bound, and seems to be a collection of Zebuxoruk's prophecies as told to the monks of the Whistling Fist in the Tower of the Four Winds. Notes are scribbled in the margins in clean penmanship.
    1. Once more, her allies will give rise to the thought of life anew. "Definitely a reference to Tunare. The presence of growth in the Lesser Faydark is undeniable."
    2. The hissing of the serpent shall strike back at this world with unexpected ferocity. "Unknown at this time. Perhaps more to be uncovered in the future? -SV"
    3. Those who toil in eternity shall find riches in the dusk of time. "Likely a simple proverb. I can't imagine this being more... -SV"
    4. Forever the commander he has now risen in rank to play his part in ages end. "I wonder if this is Lucan or Rallos? The wording is not clear enough to make a solid prediction. -SV"
    5. In the guise of harmony the mirror is flipped and chaos walks among us. "I have no idea at this time. Chaos? Guise of harmony? Makes little sense to me. -SV"
    6. Those from below shall attempt to further their agenda below the throne of Brell. "Most assuredly the ratonga. Our network of informants has indicated that they are up to something in the ancient dwarven halls of Kaladim. -SV"
    7. Cleft in twine at the dawn of time, the two shall stand once more in a united front against that which brings the end. "Ahh, this is your favorite, my master. I believe this will be very crucial to your research. I trust you already know what this references. -SV"
    8. From realms below and beyond the lord of darkness shall return to play his part in destiny. "Ahh, my master! You are indeed referenced in the fallen one's ramblings! -SV"
    9. The orbs are not so great as the crimson lord might have you believe but they are powerful. Beware service in his name. "Feh. Nagafen and the eggs of his brood. This is of little use to us. -SV"
    10. She who represents the forbidden two shall begin the march of fate. "I am at a loss to explain this reference. -SV"
    11. Etched in stone, the first key from dawn shall be revealed. "Another line of great import, I believe. This may reference the stone which you have been researching. -SV"
    12. The age of the dragons is waning though they know it not. Seek now your fortune in the affairs of the other mortal races. "And the Claws will get their due. Though I believe 'mortal races' to be a mistake. Obviously the ungod forgets us. -SV"
    13. The Nine shall return and face the end. "And the true key. We just do not know the ninth. I trust you will find the information though. -SV"

I've read 'The Dogs of War':
    The Dogs of War have roamed the plains for decades untold under the watch of the steely gaze of Mistmoore's cold spires. The only refuge for those seeking shelter from their slavering jaws is a rare herb, Tunarian Wolfsbane.

I've read 'Tactician Thuzal':
    The great tactician Thuzal sought long a group of warriors dedicated enough to follow commands no matter the cries of his enemies. It's been said that his depraved mind finally found the answer to his riddle in sound - he deafened his elite legion before battle, and sent them in against the ranks of his opponent's support ranks. The cries of the opposing army's warriors fell on deaf ears as the legion set themselves with fury upon those least prepared for the assault.
  14. ARCHIVED-Vollux Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

If I were to guess, I'd say look for 'SV' among the named vampires in Castle Mistmoore.

And now for me to throw in my two cents on all these books :smileyvery-happy::

16. ARCHIVED-Stealth Status Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Hauling in EQLive lore again (I know I know), but Expansion 13 is coming out next month and the press release let us know there are Shissar on Norrath, living in an underwater Combine city off the Barren Coast. Lore details are still very sketchy (since everything is in Beta still), but it does give another place beyond Luclin and the Plane of Time to find the snake men.

So don't count them out in EQII's timelines either is what I'm getting at.
  18. ARCHIVED-TheGReddy Guest

It looks like more stuff about the rune of sunder/stone of the shissar. it seems very unlikely but zebs prophecies/return of the gods, the shissar, the void, everling, mistmoore maybe actually be part of one story *shrug*.
  19. ARCHIVED-DreamerCloud9 Guest

Shissar on Norrath...A Combine City... now that is juicy lore. I'm interested in this Combine City thing. I always wondered where the Combine Empire cities were..
  20. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. The hissing of the serpent shall strike back at this world with unexpected ferocity. "Unknown at this time. Perhaps more to be uncovered in the future? -SV"
    The only serpents of note in EQ lore are the Shissar (well, and the infamous kicking moss snakes [IMG] ), that would be my only guess on this. I agree here gota be the Shissar.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's not forget the Nayad, the snakewomen who invaded and destroyed the original city of Tanaan. They are confirmed to be on Norrath... and it's not to follow the link from Tanaan to Zebuxoruk to the Gods and this whole twisty prophecy stuff :smileywink:
    Message Edited by IrishWonder on 01-16-2007 12:36 AM