Sigs by Sapphire ~ Part 3

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-K_Aramae Guest

<steps back> Sapphire's pissed!
  2. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

Chocolate. <nods> It makes everything better.
    I will say though, that it is considered polite and shows a great deal of respect when you approach only one artist for a signature, or at the very least, let that artist know that you have one being made by someone else as well as them. We put a great deal of effort into our work, and spending the time it takes to make an image look good only to not have it used is kind of like a slap in the face.
    I think I included in my post that I reserve the right to refuse to do a signature image.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

Sapphirius wrote:
    ^

I fully agree, Heck as it is you did two for me and I feel bad that I can only use one at a time!

I would feel a bit used if someone asked me for a sig and they didnt even use it, as I WANT people to like what I make for them. It's one thing to offer to make a sig because you want practice but another thing to just start requesting sigs from many sig artists with the intent of only using one :(
  4. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

No, I'm not pissed, just trying to be clear. I know it won't make a difference because the next round of people who come looking for a sig won't know that it ticks us off :) But I have to keep saying it. We need an auto post once a month to remind folks, and inform new folks about the "test thread" and "general nice-ness practices when requesting" :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

Hmmmmm... Perhaps one post in all caps titled ***READ FIRST*** with a listing of things like testing sigs in the test thread (which has gotten way better in the last few weeks), requesting from no more than one artist, giving the artists plenty of time to finish the sigs instead of pestering every hour, Letting the artist know exactly what you want if you request a revision of their work, etc.
  6. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

I agree, the test thread has been doing well lately :) I don't think the problem is a lack of information about the multi-questing issue and to let us know if they aren't really happy with what we've made.. Most of our request threads say all of those things in the very first post which is where most people request from. /shrug I think people just either miss it or don't bother to read it ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Tainda Guest

SapphireSniper wrote:
    Ding! We have a winner! lol
  8. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

I've never been guilty of that. Nope <whistles innocently>
  9. ARCHIVED-Mithrandier Guest

Hello Sapphirius

i realy enjoy your sigs so i would to ask if you can make one for my assassin.
    Will send all the infos and some more in a few minutes by mail also

Forum Name: Mithrandier
    Character name(s): Timrum
    Server: Splitpaw
    Guild: Spirit of Dawnsong

ill sent you the mail in a few minutes

thx a lot
    Timrum
  10. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

I've got you on my list Timrum. REQUEST LIST IS NOW FULL CHECK BACK LATER!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Mithrandier Guest

woha that was fast - thx very much - mail sent btw.
  12. ARCHIVED-napalmpt Guest

Thanks Sapphire, I can't wait to see it!!!
  13. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

Mithrandier! LOL I just noticed that in your request you were asking Sapphirius for a sig :) not me! Or did you mean to ask me? Let me know! :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

We're pretty easy to confuse... SapphireSniper... Sapphirius. Since it's in your thread, I'm pretty sure that he meant you.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mithrandier Guest

SapphireSniper wrote:
    upsy sorry - was a bit confused by the threadtitel and all this sapphire names :)

You are the right one SapphireSniper :)
  16. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

Ok! :) Glad we cleared that up.
  17. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

Quugut wanted a 500 x 100 sig and a 500 x 50 guild sig. Shadowy and Dark he said, I hope he likes it. BTW, the mountain is a picture my brother took on his recent trip to the Zugspitze mountains in Germany.

[IMG] [IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-K_Aramae Guest

Very neat!! I love the use of the mountain pic, too.
  19. ARCHIVED-Moongloom Guest

Thank you. Looks awesome. Can't wait to start using it. I really appreciate the effort you took to make it. Great work.
  20. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

napalmpt wrote:
    [IMG]

I love how the colors came out. I made the background by hand. It reminds me that Autumn is coming, my favorite season! :) I hope Shoulee likes it. I did a moderate amount of work on the colors in his robe and pixelations in his face. :)