Sign the Petition for the Reinstatement of Berserking Rights!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Owain, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

/signed

to the fullest
  2. ARCHIVED-TimberCub Guest

/Signed

I grouped in Runnyeye last night and i have to say i felt totally useless, i was continually pulling mobs off healers and mages and sitting there waiting for the taunts to desparately reset in the course of an encounter, EVEN the mages and Priests classes i had in group constantly mentioned how much they were appalled by the Nerf. Need i say it was an eventful night and much debt was incurred. Single mob pulls not a problem, its when you start pulling linked mobs when the difference really shows. Iam not gonna start ranting about Class mechanics and how a class should perform in a group but atm SoE have totally screwed up this subclass.

I usually play a caster class, but i thought i'd give this aggressive Tank type class a go and i love it !!. I think it was perfect before even when grouped with a guardian as MT ! and me Zerker as secondary tank. Wise up SoE if it Aint broke dont fix it. After last night i dont really wanna log into the game now as iam so Disgusted My char is totally broken yes i can still solo (just bout) but i feel our definition with a group is totally undefined and broken. May as well roll back all of us Zerkers, back to level 20 and let us chose another subclass.

Definition:

Berserker = to go Berserk. Berserk = more dmg (rage) or to Hit at a faster rate THUS causing more dmg.

Whoever has made this decision at SoE, you clearly missed the point of " WHY " any player would want to choose this subclass. Hell whilst your at you may as well complete the job and remove the worthless name you have given to this Subclass. Give them a new class name more fitting ... Erm let say Skulker , Mediator , negotiator or Lolipop man :p

Infact iam so disgusted i have this ultimatum.

As of today 01/07/05, SoE you have 5 days to fix this sublass or at least attempt to fix it and/or Justify why you have damaged it so in the form of an official statement showing respect for all the players that have poured many hours and money into developing this subclass, or i will thereforeafter cancel my subscription (3 accounts) never to resubscribe to another SoE MMO again.

SoE subscriber for 3 years and 6 months
    EQ1 veteran lvl 65shm and lvl 65 bard Emarr server
    EQ2 berserker lvl 34 Runnyeye server
  3. ARCHIVED-Dherfel Guest

If you prefer the role of dps reroll another class, maybe a scout.
    Berserker is a tank class, and as tank class he need to be able to get all aggro that he can .
  4. ARCHIVED-caine71 Guest

I have to agree, on top of them raising the dmg mobs do, now they nerf our dps? I can't do crap solo anymore, and no group wants a zerker becasue of the crappy dmg now!:( I agree that Blood Lust was a problem when talking about stealing aggro, but I've played with some good players that could lock aggro down and allow me to Blood Lust b4 patch with no problems. Some people just refuse to adjust to how they play with other classes, so what happens, the devs totally nerf my class. Great, what a waste of time, SOE gives us our DPS back or be faced with alot of account cancelations.

P.S. /SIGN!
    Message Edited by caine71 on 01-07-2005 07:34 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-tanninkal Guest

"If you prefer the role of dps reroll another class, ... Berserker is a tank class..."

(paraphrased) - "all figthers should be able to tank equally well" - SOE, said COUNTLESS times.
    so monks are a tank class, and thus should not be dps either.

Wake up, and quit thinking eq2 warrior == eq1 warrior. We're berserkers. Damage dealers. Enraged fighters. We are entirely justified in complaining about dps reductions.

Whether or not this skill (BL) was "required" before, or just another useful part of our class, it's been nerfed all to hell. We've taken a couple major and entirely unnecessary blows from this patch.

/signed

Now I'm going to go roll up an assassin.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rurgah Guest

/signed

30.5 Nonzerking warrior.. hope I get to be a zerker again.
  7. ARCHIVED-Fervale Guest

/sign

This is crazy, it needs to be addressed, and addressed quickly.

[36 Berserker] Kajubo - AB server
  8. ARCHIVED-Dherfel Guest

What are u talking about? LOWER OUR AC???? We are a war class, awensome tanks, NOT DPS CLASS,
    You never will not be taken in a group for yours dps, you pray that SoE never lower your abilities as a tank, why only thanks to the yours tank's ability you will be in a position to finding place in a group.
    When you will understand that we are one subclass of war? exactly like the guardians!
  9. ARCHIVED-Scar13 Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Faded One Guest

/sign

I don't mind losing some agro - but we seem to have lost our DPS. Hopefully they will tweak this a little bit to help the level 20-30's make it along.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dos_Prompt Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Trumluk Guest

/sign

I now this thread will get locked and nuked, but THEY need to hear us. We pay for a game to have fun. I chose Berserker because I wanted to be the crazy massive damage to heck with my own saftey guy. I think that pre-patch some powers weren't working as they had though and its cool to change them. But when I can't trigger a berserk but maybe once every other encounter, then I become a button mashing generic fighter. I am not threatening to leave, I am not suggesting that others leave. I am however asking that the mods let the devs know that much like the T21 nerf in SWG , they swung the pendulum way to the other side again, and we need some attention.

Played a Ranger in eq. Ranger Rifleman and CH in SWG. Thought I'd play it safe and go for a Zerker this time around. Find myself in the same ol'mess.

/sigh
  13. ARCHIVED-naczelnyk Guest

EQ1 Tanks? what are YOU talking about? clean your glasses. I don't care about your perception of a berserker class.

"Berserkers are chaotic warriors who inflict heavy damage with all manner of weapons"

- EQ2 manual, page 14. Should I spell this sentence? Put it in bold?

I hope anyone thinks before posting that berserkers shouldnt have good dps...

/signed
  14. ARCHIVED-Trumluk Guest

Hehe You might have to... but then they'll get you for copyright violations!:smileyvery-happy:
    Oh well.
  15. ARCHIVED-tanninkal Guest

"quit thinking eq2 warrior == eq1 warrior."

translation, an eq2 warrior is NOT THE SAME AS an eq1 warrior.
    my contacts are fine, thanks. check yours.

we agree, don't insult people without carefully reading their posts.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nammu Guest

/sign
    Another horrible patch, another major nerf! Look on the bright side; at least they have acknowledged and resolved the spell timer issues for casters…
    No mention of a problem with zerkers, therefore one can only conclude that this is working as intended and will not be resolved, at least for the foreseeable future. Well done SOE you have made the zerkers in EQ2 as faulty as EQ1.

Must be great being a high level zerker, stay in bezerk mode for 75% of a fight. Honestly I am really glad for you that you can see no issues with the class! I must admit, I enjoy the high mana costs to fire up BL, watch it proc, enjoy 10 secs of bliss, then rinse repeat. It works wonders on my mana pool!
    SOE I salute you! Never in my life have I seen a class ripped apart as quickly, and decisively as the last couple of “bugfixes” you have applied to the zerker class. Rest assured that you have offended 99% of this class, perhaps irretrievably. Have fun ripping the rest of the game to shreds; as of today you have lost income from my 2 accounts with no hope of me EVER playing another SOE game unless swift action is taken.
    Nammu
    EQ1 4 boxer
    EQ2 2 boxer
  17. ARCHIVED-PlatinumPrincess Guest

What are you talking about? WE ARE NOT EXACTLY LIKE GUARDIANS WE ARE BERSERKERS. We don't get extra damage mitigation, we can't protect other players very well if they're getting attacked, we don't have high agility or the ability to heal ourselves WE GO BERSERK, BUILD HATE AND DPS.

If I wanted a guardian I would have created a guardian I DO NOT WANT TO BE A GUARDIAN DAMIT
  18. ARCHIVED-Zizar Guest

/sign

we're now called Benerfers.......thanks sony!
  19. ARCHIVED-Keethe Guest

Well I hate to rock the boat, but at 28 I didn't see any problems and am having a similar impression as Overlord. I dropped bloodlust and replaced it with blood rage and seemed to be doing even better than I was before.

hold agro? yup, no problems at all just requires actual use of the taunt buttons instead of just turning on bloodlust.
    do damage? yup, 10-15 procs of 70 damage times 3-4 mobs plus AOE attack and specials...do the math.
    tank? yup, healer even said she wasn't having to heal me beyond the first regrowth fighting blue con group mobs with only a duo group.
    see a problem? not really, I think they overdid the nerf on bloodlust definitely, but now it doesn't overshadow every other ability and allow us to be afk tanks like before.

adjust your tactics and you'll see we still have ways of throwing out good DPS. It's just not the "easy mode" tank anymore.

and to let you guys know, after reading the boards I was PISSED when i got home, but after trying it I was just confused as to what the complaining was about.
  20. ARCHIVED-Darkdog Guest

/signed

I chose my class do to the damage it could do and the fact that I could help my guild as a grind tank. I have no desire to be a MT on a raid but I enjoyed what I did and how I did it. I am hoping as well this will be addressed or I may also be looking at other oppertunities for my entertainment dollars.