Sign the Petition for the Reinstatement of Berserking Rights!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Owain, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-grunje Guest

I made a Berserker to be a DPS / Tanks if I cant DPS the way I was before the patch then there's no Point and it’s just an other nerfed class and Sony does it again, This day saddens me... I was really enjoying my Berserker Now I'm thinking of quitting if they let this go on and dont fix this problem soon I'm not going to go throught the pain and sufering I went throught in EQ1...

Why must they always ruin a good thing...? Give me back my DPS.
    Message Edited by grunje on 01-07-2005 01:10 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Sadisto Guest

/signed

blah i dont care what a 40th level zerk has to say about it. Things may feel great at your level but i'm feeling very discouraged..

i'm level 28 and i regularly duo with a level 28 mystic.. ~25 we were doing blue ^^, and the ones that are only one level lower would be a close fight. when my pal got his upgraded ward, and i got berserker barrage, we entered a whole new arena of fun. taking down white ^^'s and yellow ^^'s (one level higher only). granted, it took strategy, working out our timing and a lot of luck.

after the patch we go to take on some prime white meat, and find that we have to run. it's not because the mob hits harder, we can handle that. it's not because suddenly i cant keep aggro, never had a problem with that and probably wont, unless taunts get nerfed for some ungodly reason.

the major problem was that the mob outlasted us. i just dont have the dps to hold up my part of the deal.. we end up both OOP and the mob still in the yellow.. nothing either of us can do. i'm pretty much relying on berserk (and wound) to take them out at that point.

after an hour of frustrated fighting, i probably went berserk once or twice per fight.. this is with focus rage up, bloodlust up (at times, i dont even know why i would try it.. it's USELESS now..... doesnt even proc when the MT is getting hit, and i'm just backup "dps"), hitting all the moves that supposedly cause berserk..

it may be whining and crying and being a little hissy baby, but i could care less.. Berserker didnt deserve that kind of punishment..

lowered defense? yes i can deal with that. Less aggro? maybe. Lowered damage? no.. berserkers are crazed animals of the battlefield. damage is our forte.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

i agree that this nerf hit us hard,but eventualy i think we will find other ways 2 play the game,focus rage has found its way back on my hotbuttons bar:)
    but insted of fixing it they just messed up bloodlust,so .... /sign.
  4. ARCHIVED-mindwyrm Guest

/signed in BLOOD

I play this game with my girlfriend. We bought as second computer to play this game together. Now you [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ed up her class. She doesnt want to play anymore. Thanks a lot. Next time you make a game SOE, give the job of tuning to someone else after launch - your start with something pretty close to good and mess it up in an endless series of more and more desperate nerfs to fix something you have no control over, and seems to me, no understanding of.

Every day I get more and more tempted to check out WoW. Yea, tell me I should go play with the other kids, but truth is, I'm too OLD to pay for someone to ruin what we've spent day after day online to build. I want to be entertained! I want to have fun! My GF isnt the best english speaker around, I have to explain many things - now the class is so messed up she's having big trouble playing. It shouldnt be like that, you should not have to be a total nerd (slash "gamer",yea like me) to play this game. Or is SOE vision to make a game for the Hardcore players only, carve out a piece of the market?

I enjoy this game plenty and I still do, my character classes havent been messed around with too much yet. But you're ruining it for a lot of people SOE. We just wanna have fun, and it's not fun if you need a master degree in EQ2 game mechanics to be able to play. Truth is, you can't have much fun solo in the 20ies, and now my GF can't get groups. Thanks a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing lot.
    Message Edited by mindwyrm on 01-07-2005 10:27 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Larkath Guest

I agree we got nerfed bad. This is my first EQ account and I really loved my Zerker up until the patch.
    I will most certainly sign the patition.
  6. ARCHIVED-Draxredd Guest

i'll sign, not because of the nerf, but because of the utterly abysmal quality testing, the autistic lack of communication around those changes, and the overall disrespect this whole affair shows to paying customers.

Concerning the nerf, i'll make up my mind in a week or two, when the changes get digested, and the myriad patches to the patch get applied. We have to let the dust settle a bit.

Yet this stays a PATHETIC patch release.
  7. ARCHIVED-MadMeathead Guest

/signed

can't off tank couldn't zerk at all unless I could take the hits
    Barely tank and hold aggro, can't throw off many taunts when spamming every zerk proc on the list to zerk 2, maybe 3 times in a 3 min encounter
  8. ARCHIVED-Scrying Guest

/signed

personally think people below lev 30 are mostly effected by this.
  9. ARCHIVED-Peete Guest

Signed.
    /e goes off to lvl up an alt while he waits for SOE to get a grip.
  10. ARCHIVED-AlienRok Guest

My zerker is lvl 37 so I won't post about Rampage...I will say that one hour recycles should be saved for things like gating back to your home city.

Ok....bloodlust was never intended to increase your aggro guys...let that argument go. It is on the otherhand supposed to increase dps...plain and simple. I have ToW and still notice a considerable difference in my dps. Pre-patch I was grouped in RV killing lvl 43 ^^ nightbloods. The group lasted for hours and I was among the dps make up with a sk tanking. The sk had a nice parser and listed our dps on regular intervals and on 75% of the fights I was listed #1. Only when the assassins used assassin's blade were they able to surpass me. Sure if they spent some money on good arrows they could out do me until the arrows ran out. It felt great having the sk call to me specifically to "burn it down" when things got hairy. Oh and by the way, the sk showed up 2nd on the list a majority of the time....they have very nice dps too....and still do after the patch....along with their horses.

After the patch, I grouped with the same people except for an extra dps class because I was now tanking...and we headed for the nightbloods. Now, before the patch I would steal aggro occasionally with bloodlust running (use a 2 hander when you're dps....it spams less often) and had no problem mitigating even without a shield. Today...with a shield...we had to evac on the very first pull because it was apparent I couldn't mitigate that dps. What changed? I actually gained a level before the patch....so in reality I should have been able to tank even better than before right?

Telling people that they should find something else to use other than mashing the bloodlust button is wrong. Guess what....you can get ToW and BL up together, and have screaming fury up....throw in a little Rage every now and then...with a good 2 hander and your dps is sweet. But now BL doesn't work...and until reading this thread I hadn't thought about ToW being tweaked...I just thought it was the utter lack of being zerk that was causing me to swing so darn slow. There's a huge difference in my dps and mitigation.

I'm not asking to have the aggro of BL returned....that's not what that ability is supposed to do fellas. I do want my mitigation and dps back. I logged after an hour of playing post patch and I won't play it again until something is re-adjusted. Ya ya...I know ...who cares right? Less people in the way if I quit, but I doubt Sony feels that way.

Checked the shelves for WoW tonight...no copies left. Guess I'll head to EB in the morning....it's looking better by the minute. Oh and btw....this kind of testing and over nerfing won't end here guys. When does Vanguard go Beta? :smileyvery-happy:
  11. ARCHIVED-Razberry Guest

I think maybe Overlord did not play in a group setting? No matter really. The point is that Beserkers have been Nerfed. No Question. Weather they are playable or not is not the question. Certainly all classes are playable, just some better than others.

Did they nerf the exact things that people spent hours upon hours building their charachter for? Yes.

Were they nerfed too far? I think Yes.

/e signs petition
  12. ARCHIVED-Shildrak Guest

/signed

I'm also experiencing the issues with especially dps when trying to fight even blue ^^ mobs together with my warden. I've decided to cancel my 2 accounts, at least for a time. It's not just that they overnerfed our class. It is the actual attitude I'm seeing from SoE. There is not any communication about the issues they are seeing with a class, before suddenly Bang!, the nerf-stick swings in directions/with a power we didn't even imagine. Nor do I anymore have any faith in the current visions for each class will be upheld. I know I could re-roll and try another class if Im not happy, but I really don't have any urge to spend a lot of time with another toon, when I see how suddenly everything can change.

Well, I have a few friends that is bugging me to try out wow, so I guess I'm gonna try that for a few month until the eq2 designers are finished beta-testing the class layout.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dherfel Guest

I'm totally agree with Overlord, and hope to see less jerk that think to play a dps class instead of tank class.
    We still are good tanks as guardians, wear yellow or orange stuff and shield and you having great damage mitigation and not prob to take aggro.
    I always play MT, and haven't any problem to do my job after the pach, and soloing as good as before.
  14. ARCHIVED-Soap Guest

/sign petition

Ive put lots and lots of time playing my zerker, with my main click of guildies and friends i tend to play MA 99% of the time.Bloodlust was a tool i used all the time,solo and when i played MA, when i wasent MA i turned off bloodlust.
    Whats the point of playing a pre lvl 20 to high 30 zerker when you cant beserk!?(and when you do its a 10 second buff, thats one to two hits with a fast twohander,o joy)
    DO you tell clerics they cant heal now?
    There is many skills zerkers get that ive never used more then 5 to 10 times, increase ac and lower offense? wf? thought im playing a zerker not a sk,paly or guardian.
    It should be increse offense and lower ac?
    Lots of our skills havent been tested correctly and thought out properly.
    Sony get your act together.

As for me ill either reroll another tank type or quit the game.
    Dont hold your breath guys this is Sony after all.

a very frustrated zerker.
  15. ARCHIVED-entwolf Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Wolfenspawn Guest

/sign

I have to agree. I won't bother rebuilding a new character, i will simply leave if it's not fixed.
  17. ARCHIVED-InigoMontoya Guest

/sign

I have nothing to say about the aggro effect of BL, it had to be fixed (i've always been able to keep it with or without BL), but the drop in DPS puts us far far of an offensive tank. In fact we are now the less desiderable tank in the game.
    No reason for a group to choose a Zerk. We don't do anything better than any other tank.

No dps, no ubber aggro, no great mitigation ..

What is our role now?

Broken.. Sad
  18. ARCHIVED-Dherfel Guest

Yes we have some of this ability, that's why we are tanks, goos tanks.
  19. ARCHIVED-HelliaxEQ Guest

Why are we called "Berserkers" when we can't go Berserk ?
    There are a few other names i have in mind like "Easy to hit Guardians", "Can't do damage DPS", "They have no other skills like scouts, casters and no DPS too", "Future WOW players" and more ...
  20. ARCHIVED-Wuushu Guest

/signed

Our Bloodlust is BROKEN, not fixed. (Core of our class)
    Rampage nerfed to oblivion. 60 minutes? WHAT THE [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]? Twice the recast time of Call of Qeynos.. i MIGHT use this once per fight when i reach 50? And oh.. i wont be grinding that much either then.... Could aswell have removed it completely you fukcs.. One of our class-defining level 50 spells gets removed?? I dont see any other class with their 50 spell on a 60 minute timer?

It's like making level 50 wizzy nukes recast every 60 minutes..

I don't see a reason levelling past 38 now... Yay i get circus bear at 40.. and then at 50.. oh what do i get?... upgrade to broken Fury?...

Sure as some say you CAN still play this class, but sure you can also remove your weapon and all armor and play this class.. just leech along groups to 50.

What do you offer teams?

No DPS to talk of.
    No tanking to talk of.
    No real good taunting to talk of.
    No "fluff" stuff like evac, etc etc.

Have fun.

I didn't like WoW very much from beta, infact i only played that about 2 hours due to lack of interest. But looking at this forum, and after yesterdays patch. It looks really promising. (go figure)