Sign the Petition for the Reinstatement of Berserking Rights!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Owain, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Raidyen Guest

27 zerker, 22 SK. I took a ton of pride in my abilities to hold agro as a zerker. Problem was, all i had to do was bloodlust, and then pull with shout. I would never loose agro.

Ok so i log in last night, completely unaware of the major nerfing that took place. So i pull as normal, a group of 4 owlbears, and imediately the druid has one, the shammy has one, and the cleric has 2 which = 0 on me. so i shout, nothin. I go through every damage skill i had, nothin, at this point the healers are doing nothin but trying to keep themselves alive with heals, which is generating more hate to them. So i hit rescue on the cleric, nothin, i throw my anger skill, get one to pull to me. Switch targets, my shout timer ended so i decided to try sunder (which in the past has never gotten much agro) nothin. cleric cast another heal, the owlbear i had taunted went back to the cleric. We all ran. Rinse, repeat.

The BIGGEST kicker is I had NO IDEA we were getting this huge of a nerf. IF i would have known this i would have choosen the Taunt Training skill, not the DPS one.

Now i was so upset at my zerker after an hour of playing and watching my 3 healers get pummled, that i decided to log out.

Now not only did the Zerker get nerfed, guess what, the Knights got buffed.

Group in Fallen gate. Used to ALWAYS loose agro on my SK no matter what i did, eventaully the caster or the healer was gonna get agro on multi mobs. Last night, pulled a group of 5 zombies and Constructs with shout, threw my AoE, started fighting. Only taunted when the HO's came up. NEVER LOST AGRO.

Those of you saying this is NOT EQ1, well your right its not, So then tell me why now my SK holds agro like an EQ1 pally, and my zerker holds agro like an EQ1 warrior. Seems almost the same to me.
  2. ARCHIVED-tanninkal Guest

"use of the taunt buttons instead of just turning on bloodlust."

translation: less dps.
    No matter how we compared to other tanks previously, we compare worse now. Period. Unarguable. You're now spending less time BL buffed, less time zerked, and more time hitting taunts instead of attacking or using other (damaging) skills.

Whether or not BL was too powerful before is not the discussion. We got nerfed in relation to other tanks. We'll now spend less time tanking in groups (perception is everything) and do less damage whether or not we tank. (Myself, I LIKE tanking. It requires more skill than just trying to eke out another couple dps while the guardian plays the agro game.)
  3. ARCHIVED-Queen Eboshi Guest

/sign

lvl27.8 - I'm glad they reduced agg because when fighting with guard or pally in all previous battles I would pull agg and absolutely no one could pull it from me (even without bloodlust), this was great if you're MT but if you're not being in groups was a pain, seems like they may have taken it too far though. I haven't played enough to see. Ideally they need to make agg generate only when you want it to even with BL enabled since I think it is good for DPS.

Now hearing that DPS maybe effected is absolutely bad and uncalled for, our DPS was close to the best as it should be since we have to fight melee and don't have any other cool tricks, it actually needs to be raised IMO. It would be nice to see some DPS results before/after patch with exact same chars, anyone have any?

I have been DW the whole time as it seems best for stat bonuses, and low delay procs BL a lot, but now with nerf and rising cost of good weapons at high levels 2H seems the way to go...

Too bad the glowing red bezerker seems to be gone for now, that was always very cool and unique...
  4. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

Lvl 28 zerker, /sign

40% reduction in dps.
    Damage mitigation reduction.
    Taunting ability reduction.
    No skills fixed, more skills now broken.

For those that keep going on about Guardians, we are from the same freaking class tree, Warriors. I should not be totally ineffective as a MT and a Guardian be the ultimate.

Now after this patch I am ineffective, a Paladin, SK, Monk, Guardian all are better choices. Not only can I not do damage but I cant take damage or hold agro. Wow, amazing that while Guardians and Zerkers both come from the Warrior class that now Zerkers are so utterly ****.

Everything was frankly fine cept for zerk state caused by BL to be to much of a agro. How in changing that did they destroy the class? Why couldnt they just remove the agro component?

If they had all these changes planned why didnt they change one thing at a time and see how the game was effected?

Maybe SOE is for the quick riping off of the bandaid, thinking that do all the nerfs at once and people will get over it faster.

Sadly, SOE has only a few days to fix this or im gone. Not to WoW, i'll just quit and find some other games to play. I pay the same amount of money a month as anyone else, my time is just as valuable, there is no reason for me to be punished in such a way, Berzerkers were not overpowered, they were not running around killing tons of red mobs laying waste to other classes and making other classes worthless. No groups were saying they wanted a Zerker MT and not allowing Guardians or SK's or Paladins to join.

There is 0 justification for what SOE has done.

Vanessa
  5. ARCHIVED-Anlarius Guest

Sign me up, I know I can still play effectivly, but I no longer feel like I'm playing a berserker. If I wanted to play the way I have to now, I would have just chosen a Guardian.
  6. ARCHIVED-Corlar Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Khelltik Guest

I say that it needs to be put back to the old way. And maybe even better. If you have read anything about beserkers in history they didnt have any trouble going beserk and staying that way. They went into battle beserk and stayed that way until the anger subsided. Then they would be weak for days on end it says they were intimidating because they were fearless and crazy and took massive amounts of damage without acknowledgment. Im not saying we have to be the class that is almighty its just it seems they were designed for DPS and Guardians were designed to tank with highes AC and HP possibly. However, they are outclassed by monks in most situations that i see. I say if your description of the class, SOE's description of the class is "...chaotic warriors who inflict heavy damage..." "...overwhelm their opponents, whom they show no mercy. " then we should be able to inflict massive damage over any other class but have our set backs as well. We should be closely looked at and considered because many people are upset and some are likely to start different characters and others are going to leave for games like world of warcraft and i dont think thats what SOE wants. Or atleast i hope not.

/signed (1000 fold)

Norgen. Kithikor.

PS im not even beserker yet but certainly dont want to be if this is how its going to be the rest of my characters life!
  8. ARCHIVED-Nirenad Guest

I agree with the original poster.
  9. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

Bro you can work around this agro problem pretty quickly, cast your AE skills on pull or even Bloodlust. While Bloodlust will conk out after 1 berserk it will still serve as an AE agro. This combined with the other AE agro skills will keep mobs off your group when you pull. The Guardian board actually has some good threads on agro generations, take a peek over there.
    As far as fair warning from SOE, you have some very valid points. I shook out the changes soloing where I only killed myself twice and not an entire group.
  10. ARCHIVED-Linissa Guest

I'll sign also.

I am not a Bezerker. However I must say that if Sony thought there was something that your class had that the others didn't, it would make more sense to give the other classes something extra to put their skills more in line. That way everyone would have been happy. It is much better to give than to give and then take away ^^ No one should have their skills or abilities gimped in this way.