RoK Pre-Order box questions answered here

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thornyblade, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Darikin Guest

I pre-ordered RoK at my local EB Games store and it came in Wednesday afternoon so I picked it up and installed it. I didn't call SOE just because I was at work but I have internet access so I went to the online chat of their support site, listed my situation blah blah blah and how the pre-order FAQ states online and retail get the burynai. It was a long wait, about 14th in line waiting almost 2 hours but as soon as the TSR came on he looked at my message and came back immediately saying my account had been fixed to receive the burynai pet.

I know others have said they got it from calling or online chat but just adding mine to the list so people can see SOE is working on this and is doing right. It sucks it got all screwed up like this, but they are fixing it at least.
  2. ARCHIVED-Shmogg Guest

Well, I got a reply from EBGames this morning and it wasn't good.

Dear Valued Customer,

<snip>
    We are working hard with Sony to get those bonus codes.
    Sony has not provided us with a sufficient number of codes. <snip>

These will still be in limited supply so we have no ETA on individual code delivery. <snip>

GameStop Customer Service
    I'm not sure if EGGameStop knowingly sold pre-orders they didn't have codes to cover, didn't get codes they expected from / were promised by Sony or what caused the problem but the ball is definitely in Sony's court now.

And what's with the artificial shortage of codes? Burynai an endangered species now?
  3. ARCHIVED-Soul Crusher Guest

5 minutes talking to a rep, i had my account flagged, and i waited 10 min for him
  4. ARCHIVED-Nizenka Guest

I can't even get to speak to a rep.... I keep getting told that they're closed.
    I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point. I've been trying to use the chat support, but that's where I keep get the closed portion. I've petitioned on both accounts, I've added extra info on one petition to include the other and more things.
    This is really a headache.
  5. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Did anyone else order from Amazon? I just got my box and there's no e-mail or anything with the burnyai pet there, either, and I've had it pre-ordered for weeks now.
  6. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

The CSR that I spoke with yesterday afternoon DID come through, and I ended up with all the pre-order goodies on my account. I have the badger critter and he does the badger badger badger dance when you feed him! Just feed him either 1 bag, or 1 bone, or 1 flask of water from any tier, and he'll yack out a collection quest shiny into your inventory. I ended up with SEVERAL (like 20) rare shinies along with mostly common ones from all tiers, including the adventure packs and no-trade pages.
    Glad I stocked up on hunderds of those bags/bones/waters. =D
    Also, I STILL have not gotten the email from gamestop.com like they said last night. I'm glad SOE handled this and I can move on instead of waiting for that email that will never come.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Shmogg wrote:
    be hopeful - got all of mine from gamestop about 15 minutes ago. I happened to be on the phone with Tim of game stop cs that was telling me they did not get them from SOE when they ended up in my email box
  8. ARCHIVED-Shmogg Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    I did indeed get mine!

Looking at timestamps it was not too long after you posted but my little crafter was busy dodging drolvargs and drachnids at the time. My thanks to the folks at SOE who are indeed working to make this all happen. Judging from your conversation and my experiences I might have been a wee bit off when I "called the ball" this morning.
  9. ARCHIVED-Galeden Guest

I found out yesterday I did not get any new starter kit or booster pack for LoN, has anyone, or is it just a bug for some people? And I hope it wasn't limited to people who havent gotten them before, nothing ever said that on the information for the expantion, and the origional starter kit and such was for starting LoN, which is seperate from EQ2, so there is no reason why this should effect something offered for an expantion for EQ2.
  10. ARCHIVED-Hylandr Guest

Galeden wrote:
    Did you check your claim items? It's matched with the loot item so make sure you claim it with the character you want to have that effect. Then redeem the card item in inventory that the character gets to get the cards over in LoN.
  11. ARCHIVED-Suende Guest

Well for those of you who are still worried or unsure (who pre ordered from a store) I was just told by a CSR that within 3 to 5 days there well be a patch that well give us our shiny seeking badgers I have no idea how it is their figuring out who did and who didn't but hey, as long as I get my pet I'm good Just thought I'd share
  12. ARCHIVED-Gemon Guest

I only looked over a few of these pages. . .
    It looks like my pre-order from Gamestop doesn't have the Burynei (sp?), and I'm not the only one who thought they'd get it with any pre-order? Apparently Sony/EQ2 is going to fix the problem for everyone? Do I need to do anything to help that along? I'm kinda lost as to how they will know anyone got the pre-order and just didn't buy it from the store after it was released. Thankfully I do still have my receipt. . .
    Truth be told, when I preordered it the clerk there didn't know anything about RoK. He couldn't find it in his system to pre-order until I told him it was a EQ2 Expansion.
  13. ARCHIVED-Erickson Guest

Gemon wrote:
    Here's a hint to save you and the clerk at your favorite game store some frustration and the urge to want to dope slap each other.
    All EQ games are listed as "Everquest 2: <insert expansion name here>"
    What this means is if you call and get someone that happens not to be into the same thing you're into (gasp! I know it's hard to believe,) and you blurt out "DO YOU HAVE ROK?" and you're met with a short silence followed by "Sir, would you be more specific? I've never heard of ROK." To which you answer "Rise of Kunark" he's going to check his computer or release book under the R section for Rise of Kunark.
    I used to work for one of these retailers and it was simply mind boggling the acronyms people would come up with and then the reponse we would get when we had no idea what the person was talking about. A favorite was "So" Seriously some guy called and wanted to know if we'd recieved "So" yet. After about 3 minutes of questioning I was able to figure out that he was looking for Phantasy Star Online (PSO) and saying it as a word! The reason is he saw the acronym PSO and figured that was the what the game was really callled! lmao :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Exibar Guest

so is SOE going to make the Bernai available to everyone? on my sales slip it states it is a "reserve pickup" as well.
    Could someone from SOE kindly step in and clarify this bit for us? Is there anything we have to do?
  15. ARCHIVED-Gemon Guest

Erickson wrote:
    I specifically asked for "Rise of Kunark", but he couldn't find it in his computer until I mentioned it was an Everquest 2 Expansion. Maybe he was just misspelling it, but I've no idea. I only know he couldn't find it at first. He then said he had a mac and couldn't play (and wasn't familiar with) many of the PC games the store sold.
    Thanx for the clarifcation though.
  16. ARCHIVED-Banbha Guest

I am mad that I missed out on the pet. I was a good little sheep. I did what I was told. I went to my local Gamestop (yay for supporting the local economy) and pre-ordered RoK (yay for getting advertised pet). But in reality the Gamestop computer called me the night before to go and pick up my copy after 12pm the next day. The Gamestop did not have the game when I arrived there. And then when it eventaully arrived, it was discovered that there is no such thing as a pre-order box. Just the regular version. So no pet for me. And I am disappointed.
    I am really just hoping that SoE realizes where the ball was dropped on this expansion and have the issue corrected by the next one. It is obviously they want everyone to pre-order and digitally download through their site. I just wish that once they could put the info out they stick with it.
  17. ARCHIVED-mellowknees72 Guest

Maloc@Crushbone wrote:
    I agree 100%. We pre-ordered the retail box version and got no pet.
    After expansion after expansion after expansion giving goodies to people who bought the retail box and not the digital download, I assumed (stupidly) that yet again SOE would give the shaft to people who opted to take the digital download and we pre-ordered the retail box version.
    At this point, honestly, SOE should just give the #($#()$* pet to everyone who ordered the expansion, period. Or it should have been a veteran reward. This is really, really poopy.