RoK Pre-Order box questions answered here

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thornyblade, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-azcandace Guest

heh ya know this is soooo wrong. First my preorder is delayed now I will not get the pet? WTH happen with this expansion? *sigh* please give me my pet....Damn it this sucks so much...
  2. ARCHIVED-NissaEQ Guest

I also pre-ordered my hubby's and my copies a month back from the online EBgames and was under the impression we would be getting the little badger. The only emails I've gotten has been the order confirmation and shipment notification.
  3. ARCHIVED-DreamerCloud9 Guest

I too pre-ordered Rise of Kunark online from Ebgames and have just received the shipping confirmation but no seperate email for the burynai pet. sad sad :(
  4. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Pre-ordered online, and it has finally shipped from gamestop.com. I still have not gotten a code sent to my email account for the house pet.
    (Wasn't this post stickied earlier? Now it seems like it's starting to drift down the page.)
  5. ARCHIVED-Roux11 Guest

Ruckus@Unrest wrote:
    Yes I believe they have "un-stickied". Perhaps in hopes that this thread will slide down into oblivion? Not a chance SOE.. but nice try.
  6. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Roux11 wrote:
    /smirk
    At least it totally didn't get deleted.
    I just got off the phone with gamestop.com, and the guy I spoke with said he didn't have any info to share with me, but that he'd call me back sometime today to update me.
    I still have not gotten an email from gamestop.com with the code, like others have reported here on the forums.
    I'm just waiting for SOE CSRs to get into work and I'm gonna start calling. Someone said that they got a code activated for them over the phone, and that SOE admitted there was a mix up and that they are going to try and work something out.
    So, now I wait a few days for the pre-oder to show up in the mail in a few days, and hopefully the pre-order that I made in the gamestop store shows up today. If I get a code emailed to me or given to me by a CSR, I'm going to then install the store purchased game and then return the one that shows up in the mail to the store.
    I guess now I'll go shift all of my raws around into stacks of 200 on my toons and go back to foraging in TT.
    /sigh
  7. ARCHIVED-Roux11 Guest

not to totally derail this thread, but my box states I am suposed to get a Starter Deck for LoN in my /claim as well. Guess what? It's not there. Did I have to walk into Gamestop backwards and greet the clerk with a secret SOE handshake to qualify for that bonus?
  8. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

ok, heres what you need to do to get all your stuff:
    Be a darkelf, move to america (if not allready there), must be willing to pay twice, must know ahead of time that the preorder bonus will get changed to online preorders only. must get lucky with soe's billing system.

anyone else think thats a bit too much requirements just to buy an expansion with promised bonuses and getting it on release day?
  9. ARCHIVED-MollyMayhemm Guest

Due to the mass confusion and the fact that 6 days before the release were folks "Officially" told that the Burnyai Pet was only exclusive to ONLINE orders, after hundreds of people already pre-ordered from the stores itself and not all of them log into the forums after work but rather log in to actually play the game....
    Sony should give everyone who can PROVE that they pre ordered the game regardless of it being online or in the stores its self the Burnyai Pet.
    I really do hope that this can be resolved, otherwise there are going to be ALOT of unhappy customers.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kirianna1 Guest

After talking to GameStop yesterday, I'm pretty sure it was Sony who dropped the ball on this one. GameStop bent over backwards trying to find an answer for me.... and from all they said and I've read here, it does appear that someone at Sony goofed. :(

Thanks for the number. I'll try that later today and let ya know how it goes.
  11. ARCHIVED-KlikhizzGrimscale Guest

sexieladie wrote:
    Saddly 3-1-1 takes me into a menu black hole with options that don't take me where they advertise. (IE - The EQ option takes me to a message about warrenty support for the PS2 Hard Drive edition of FFXI....)

And why am I expecting hold times to be like the were with V:SoH's launch issues (1 hour on hold to resolve a missing registration key....)
  12. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Kiandra@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Disagree with you for two reasons
    1. The first person I talked at Gamestops customer support (Tim - no last name given) had no idea of any "pre-order" bonus, the supervisor I was transfered to tried to cliam that the special bonus was the 30 days free subsacription to the premium level of Alla's website. They finally claimed they where sending it to their "premium offer support group"
    2. People are posting here that they are now recieving the keyts in their emails from gamestop and ebgames
    that sounds more like the company that owns both of those (same one) dropped it royally.
  13. ARCHIVED-Roux11 Guest

its not totally on GS and EB's shoulders though. Sony's FAQ on the issue even stated...

Q: Are there any special items for getting a the Pre-Order?
    A: Yes, Each pre-order, (digital or retail version) will get a special Pre-Order Bonus Burynai Seeker House pet. which can be claimed once per account.
  14. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

KlikhizzGrimscale wrote:
    I got the run around on the 3-1-1 options, too, then I realized that it was probably afterhours and everyone went home. I had tried calling several times over the course of the evening hours, and the lines were always busy. When I finally did get through, I got the number pushing run around by the automated voice operator.
    SOE's customer support opens up at 10 PST, which is 1 EST, so try calling then. I know that is what I'm going to do!
  15. ARCHIVED-KlikhizzGrimscale Guest

Ruckus@Unrest wrote:
    yeah ... I keep WISHING that SOE would actually do the smart thing and have extended CS hours durring a launch (expansion or new game) but /shrug whatcha gonna do. I think you're right about the 'afterhours' thing though ... but they need to change their voice mail so that 'afterhours' it gives you an afterhour message and kicks you back to the MAIN menu (or repeats the message and tells you to have a nice day and then ends the call) rather than giving you a menu that's just completely screwed up.
  16. ARCHIVED-Elyana Guest

I also was told by a Gamestop STORE that I would recieve the preorder burynai pet if I ordered through the STORE. So I blithely paid in full for TWO copies of the game. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I went in to pick them up and was told tough beans.
    I got the box for several reasons.. I wanted the map (they didnt include one) I was hoping for another coin to add to my EQ2 coins collection (they didnt include one) and I wanted the burynai pet. When I called Gamestop's HQ today they said it was SOE who fubard here, not them. They themselves only JUST NOW found out they would not be given codes for retail store purchase customers.
    I feel like a second class citizen. Instead of getting MORE for my choice I am getting less. Whoever made the call to NOT give retail preorder customers through the store a code really needs a reality check. Its a virtual item, it doesnt cost SOE anymore to give US one than it does to give a online customer one. So why piss off so many of us by denying us our pet? We have supported you just like they have, and we have been mislead regarding it. DO whats right SOE and let us have our burynai pet too!
  17. ARCHIVED-Ogrebear Guest

Got my code today, just an hour ago. I preoder from Ebgames. Check your e-mail it since i jst gone mine a little while ago..

The e-mail looks like this. (with the code after it in bold

Dear Valued Customer,
    Thank you for your order of Everquest II: Rise of Kunark from GameStop.com/EBgames.com. As part of your order you receive the Burynai Seeker House Pet. Your unique access code is below. Please enter where prompted on the code entry page.
  18. ARCHIVED-JamesRay Guest

I pre-ordered 5 copies from gamestop in the store (one of which was going to be a new account).
    The games haven't arrived at the store yet.

If SoE isn't going to honor the offer of a burynai for the pre-order I made in good faith, I'm going to have to reconsider completing the purchase.

Would be nice if there was confirmation about the burynai pet being given to those who can prove they pre-ordered.
  19. ARCHIVED-AzSkyDragon Guest

No Badger pet for me either. Pre-ordered months ago through the store.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jekel Guest

hey there, i read the FAQ from a couple months ago which stated...

Q: Are there any special items for getting a the Pre-Order?

A: Yes, Each pre-order, (digital or retail version) will get a special Pre-Order Bonus Burynai Seeker House pet. which can be claimed once per account.

lol, that seemed pretty clear to me so i pre-ordered in store and didn't think about it again. visited the site today since my pre-order didn't come in yesterday (hmmmm, isn't that the point of a pre-order??) and found this lengthy thread.

any progress on getting this cleared up??

jekel