RoK Pre-Order box questions answered here

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thornyblade, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

DoF came out, and I did the preorder at the local EB Games, which got me the house pet.
    KoS came out, and I did the preorder at the local EB Games, which got me the house pet.
    EoF came out, and I did the preorder at the local EB Games, which got me the house pet.
    Now, ONE WOULD THINK, that if you went to the local game store to put in an order, you'd get the house pet for RoK. NOPE. Guildie tells me that you have to either do a preorder digital download or order the game from an online gamestore's website to get the house pet. So instead of being able to pick up a copy of the game at the store (to avoid shipping charges and get the game on the release date), I'm now going to wait for the last minute rush preorder that I put in on the EB Games website last night to show up in the mail.
    The game is going to take a few days to get to my house, so while everyone in my raiding guild is out leveling and grinding another 10 levels and 40 points, I'll be foraging in T7 zones.
    Chalk me up as another unhappy customer.
  2. ARCHIVED-Budgiette Guest

Dear Sony,
    It is with regret that Im am writing this letter to inform you that I am unable to attend this years Sony's Olympic Puzzle Symposium! I had booked tickets in advance, however, tonight discovered that the ticket booking was eaten by cyberspace mites!
    I have diligently attended every event since the beginning of Everquest time. However it appears that my bookings for most events have been eaten by these cyberspace mites as well, regardless of the many souvenirs and photos I have collected thoughout these years!
    It is sad to realise that the only way of attending this years Symposium was to preorder through yourself, as it appears that Australian timezone is a few days backwards in obtaining tickets in hand! I am aware that Australia is known as the land downunder, however I do not believe we are quite that far under!
    Unfortunately, by the time that I was ever able to have this problem recitified from this distance, the event would be well underway and I would have missed out on the bonus souvenirs.
    I wish you all the best with your Symposium and hope that not too many others have suffered from the Cyberspace Bugs!
  3. ARCHIVED-alexisxo Guest

Anyone that's ordered from Amazon get a pet email?

I'm not even too worried about it, but it'd be nice to have. *shrug*
  4. ARCHIVED-Darikin Guest

The burynai pet coming on the online orders only is F***ING stupid! I didn't know that until yesterday and it was too late since to do online I need a credit card, I had unexpected car repair and didn't get to put a payment onto my credit card until... yup you guessed it, yesterday, meaning I have no way to get this pet now. SOE you guys are a bunch of idiots who don't know how to market anything properly. I hope you correct this and give the burynai to everyone who buys the expansion, say within the first 5-7 days will get it. I had my copy pre-ordered at my local EB for 3 months now, since when does that not count as a pre-order? Why should those of us who pre-order in store be shafted? We still pre-ordered and therefore should be entitled to the same items/bonuses!
  5. ARCHIVED-Darikin Guest

*Sorry for double post, keep getting the forum error since I guess they're bogged down and the refresh attempts I guess double posted*
  6. ARCHIVED-Stradeus Guest

Ok I just received my RoK box with everything from GameStop. It wasapreorderwith shiping (I had to pay almost 60$ sinceI am from canada and didnt had any choice but ordering from USA. 39.99 + shiping 14.99 + import (W T F) 5.25) and still have no Email for the damn badger pet.

anyone else pre ordered ONLINE from gamestop/ebgames ? Do you have your pet emailed yet?
  7. ARCHIVED-Stradeus Guest

Ok I just received my RoK box with everything from GameStop. It wasapreorderwith shiping (I had to pay almost 60$ sinceI am from canada and didnt had any choice but ordering from USA. 39.99 + shiping 14.99 + import (W T F) 5.25) and still have no Email for the damn badger pet.

anyone else pre ordered ONLINE from gamestop/ebgames ? Do you have your pet emailed yet?
  8. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Gazzie@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Well with the exchange these days, $60 Canadian is like $39.99 US.

Edit: LOLz nevermind got it backwards.
  9. ARCHIVED-Stradeus Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Lol yeah with the exchange rate I was suposed to pay it less than you guys pay in the US. I was speakingabout the atrocious shiping rate and I paid an import taxe? this is strange.
  10. ARCHIVED-Talona Guest

I have 3 accounts, ordered 1 expansion from local gamestop for the cd's..
    Have been trying to order 2 online (from Sony Store) for the other 3 accounts for over a week. No joy, it time outs or I get a blank pages or page not found.
    So I will probaly end up with no *special* house pet.
    I am not a happy camper
  11. ARCHIVED-RhymesWithWlTCH Guest

We ordered 3 copies on one order from Gamestop online after we already
    pre-ordered in IN STORE, we got our money back and came home Sat to
    order online.

I have YET to receive an email from gamestop or SOE in regard to the
    digger house pet. I sent an email to Gamestop asking when was the
    email with the Buriani house pet supposed to arrive?

We got our boxed games today... what's the deal? I want my digger
    as I am sure MANY OF YOU ALL DO TOO!

Someone from SOE, please respond!
  12. ARCHIVED-zerosumgame Guest

gotta defend gamestop on this, they have dealt with SOE before so they are probably waiting to send out the keys until people stop swapping their orders like you did. SOE only provides them with a limited number of keys so they have to be careful giving them out. If they HAD sent you the 3 from your in-store order then sent you the 3 from the on-line order that would be stiffing 3 other people down the line.
  13. ARCHIVED-EdwardSteeleye Guest

We ordered 3 copies from Gamestop thru the store because at the time we ordered all the information said all preoders would get the pet(in fact if you look at least some of them still say that)obviously we have now discovered the issue. My wife spoke with sony support thru there live chat and was told that all accounts activated this week would recive the pet and it should be claimable sometimes this week(she saved a copy of the conversation). So hopfully that will happen.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xelphneigh Guest

EdwardSteeleye wrote:
    If you get this PLEASE let us know. I also had the Pre-Order Retail from GameStop WHICH stated the pet came. Only NOW do I see it was retail only and quite honestly a masterful BAIT AND SWITCH by SOE.

I'm upset. Yes it's a silly in-game pet but why could this NOT have been explained better and in due course? I ordered my pre-order from my LOCAL gamestop, not online, based on what I saw on the GameStop website. When asked about the physical RETAIL BOX COPY the SoE support, in varlous posts, stated it was indeed included.

Such a farce.
  15. ARCHIVED-RhymesWithWlTCH Guest

zerosumgame wrote:
    Ok, we cancelled our order with Gamestop SATURDAY. There was no pre-shipment info placed in our name or anything, even the store manager said that they get a certain number of copies to the store, and the pre-ordered folks just get theirs set aside, and whatever is left is sold to others who didn't pre-order.

So it's not like ordering Online where they specifically SHIP the game directly to you. We ordered for In-Store pickup.

Plus I've NEVER heard of game stop handing out keys with the games either. Plus who said I was dissing game stop. I just want to know where the email is supposed to be coming from.

And I concur with the rest of the folks who said that they changed their info in regard to the pre-order housepet offer at the last minute. Because that was the same thing we noticed on their website too.

I'm not saying it's a gamestop screwup, perhaps SOE changed it at the last minute themselves, or just "forgot" to let their retailers know the details beforehand.

Just a thought.
  16. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

What I don't get is why the change. I pre-ordered the other expansions and EverQuest II itself when it first launched from my local store and received any available pre-order goodies. To switch it on this expansion from the established status quo just doesn't make any sense.
  17. ARCHIVED-Shmogg Guest

Gazzie@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I ordered, and have received, my RoK boxes from Ebgames but I also have not yet received the badger codes. I got the order confirmation and now get all their advertising junk so it's not my e-mail address, spam filter or some such problem.

I've fired off an e-mail to help@ebgames.com and got an auto-bot response promising an answer in 24-48 hours. We'll see how that goes.
  18. ARCHIVED-RhymesWithWlTCH Guest

Shmogg wrote:
    Pretty much did the same thing, got the autobot mail response to my question. Just waiting for them to get on the ball.
  19. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

RhymesWithWlTCH wrote:
    They did this with both the original launch and the monkey pet at my local Gamestop. I received an additional flyer that had a key for the old JBoots pre-order bonus and again for the monkey pet.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    The pre-order box for the JBoots was a demo cd in a carboard sleeve with the code on the inside and the monkey was a DVD box with a rendition of Lucan on the front cover and the key for the monkey in the box