RoK Pre-Order box questions answered here

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thornyblade, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Vandaria Guest

Just got off the phone with customer service for EB/Gamestop and they said the code should be received by end of business hours today. Good luck all!
  2. ARCHIVED-Krim Guest

Ordered 2 copies from Gamestop Online and still no email yet from them with codes for Buryai pet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Krim Guest

Vandaria wrote:
    Thanks for the update Vandaria. I was too lazy to call myself
  4. ARCHIVED-JamesRay Guest

I did the live chat support and just finished the conversation approximately 10 minutes ago (12 PM PST 11/14).

I explained that I pre-ordered 5 copies in the store in October, but found out about the online only thing in November and thought I was getting the pet when I placed the order since there were no stipulations about online only orders at that time. Apparently they will reimburse the burynai pet for boxed PRE-ORDERS ONLY. Just need to prove the pre-order.

For me that means scanning the pre-order receipt I got from gamestop and adding it as an attachment to customer service via the "email support" tab at support.station.sony.com, which he said should be sufficient.

Not sure if this would apply to other online outlets...but he didn't ask me if I ordered from a particular store, just if I had pre-ordered physical CDs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Well, after being on hold for an hour with customer service, here's a rundown on what my day has been like.
    The local Gamestop store still has not gotten my game box in. The guy called another local store and told them to ship it to his store so I could pick it up. I told him that I'd rather just have my pre-order deposit back, and I'd go buy the box from Bestbuy.
    The guy at gamestop.com called me back and left a message on the machine. He said that they'd get me an account code to plug in so I could get the pre-order stuff. The one that was shipped to me from gamestop.com will be returned to the local Gamestop store where I had done the pre-order. I'm now out $3 for the shipping. Oh well. /shrug
    The SOE CSR guy at first told me to just hold on and wait for the one that I pre-ordered to get to me, and I'm like...um...I'm on vacation the next two weeks, and I have a game right here that you told me won't get flagged with a code because it was not a pre-ordered account #. Then I told him that I wasn't going to be able to play and level up with my guildies because the game won't get here for a few more days. He then puts me on hold and talks to a higher up, 'cause I told him someone else posted on the forums saying that they got an activation code from a CSR for the house pet and all the other pre-order stuff. He gets back online after talking to someone, and he said that he'd hand enter a code for me so I can claim all the stuff and use the boxed version of the game that was not a pre-ordered account # that I got from Bestbuy's shelf. I made sure to get a ticket # and the guy's name, just in case things don't work out like I was told.
    CSR told me that they are basically giving everyone all the pre-order stuff next week, and that they need to just come up with some code to plug in so everyone can claim it. Not sure if "everyone" means the people who didn't do a pre-order. Guess we'll see.
    Sony really needs to have an official person post on here and explain the mix up and clarify all the questions. Would save their CSR people A LOT of phone calls.
    So, now I'm gonna unwrap my game and start installing. Yay!
  6. ARCHIVED-JamesRay Guest

I knew from the moment I first laid eyes on those psychedelic colors that the burynai would be nothing but trouble!

Hopefully this will all work out with minimal casualties.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kirianna1 Guest

After 20 minutes on hold (I gave up on the call), almost 4 hours in the chat queue and two chat sessions later, all 3 of our accounts have the pet to claim. :)

So Sony IS making it right. Just be patient.
  8. ARCHIVED-AzSkyDragon Guest

So whats the concencus on how to take action for this? Petition, Call SoE, or EB/Gamestop?
    I want that badger I was promised :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Loredonna Guest

I pre-order my expansion online from Gamestop. I have not received the code for the Burynai pet the web-site promised either. I have e-mailed them twice and have not gotten any reply from them yet. That seems to be poor business practice, promising items for pre-orders and not delivering, for both Sony and Gamestop.
    Mianya Silverwynd (level 70 fury)
  10. ARCHIVED-Shmogg Guest

Vandaria wrote:
    Did you get yours, Vandaria? It's after business hours and no codes here. Nothing but the auto-bot e-mail response yesterday promising a response in 24-48 hours. With everything I'm reading here it looks like EBGameStop is rapidly dropping off my purchasing radar.

Looks like SOE is at least aware even if we haven't had a specific response.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nizenka Guest

We pre-ordered our two RoK's for our accounts. Based on what we knew at the time was that we'd be getting the Burynai house pet. It didn't say anything about online pre-orders, or I would have done that. We did this around the middle of October. :(
    I'm disappointed that information wasn't at least emailed to the people that have active accounts about the changes. They know our email addresses.
    Should I bother even speaking to Sony?
  12. ARCHIVED-Suende Guest

Kiandra@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Should we call, petiton or wait for a more in depth announcment?
  13. ARCHIVED-Soul Crusher Guest

Its easy to clarify this, when we receive our preorder slips from instore EGgames and gamestop, we should be able to give them the pre-order number and let them flag our accounts
  14. ARCHIVED-Nizenka Guest

I have pre-order slips showing from when I pre-ordered 2 RoK box sets from EB Games. At the time, like I said, I was under the impression that pre-order would include the burynai pet.
    I've done a petition on both accounts but I'm not sure what good that will do. If they ask for the pre-order number, I don't know what I'll do since there were 2 boxes on the pre-order slips.
  15. ARCHIVED-azcandace Guest

Nizenka wrote:
    Same boat only with three boxes =( i hope this gets an offical word soon. Even though I didn't order online I'm still wondering why those who did haven't gotten their keys. Some of them I mean.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nizenka Guest

In my area, the Game stop isn't open yet for me to get any info from them yet.
    But I was looking at my pre-order slips and noticed something. There is a "reserve order deposit: ####" above each box set. They have separate numbers.
    I'm sure ( at least I'm hoping ) that EB/GS has this info on their website or can verify somehow that those of us that ordered prior to this Nov changed in the pets, should get them. I know I did this pre-order in October. And .... even though I don't have all the "evidence" I read that all pre-orders would receive the house pet.
    I'm seriously disappointed with SoE changing things at the last minute. I could have went back and got my deposit I made and had it ordered on the SoE site. I put 20$ down on each box then went the day of release (store didn't have it but no biggie) and I paid the rest of it off. So, I could walk in.... say who I was, show receipt and walk out.
    Apparently my GameStop wasn't informed of the house pet change. But I'm hoping to find out something and hoping to have it resolved somehow.
    Otherwise, I'm considering quittng. I'm tired of screwups after being a EQ1 and EQ2 customer since 2001.
  17. ARCHIVED-Hylandr Guest

[cross-posted to another similar thread]

Like a lot of people, I saw that it said that you got the burynai from any preorder, online or retail, so ordered it at the store like usual. When then started backing out of the retail, I started making calls to both GameStop and Sony. Yesterday, I was able to find out that they will be rectifying this by running a script in the next day or two to give the burynai to all the people who have activated RoK at that point. If you call in, they can get it added that day if the person who has the authority is around, but you have to wait on hold a long time. Otherwise, you can just sit back and wait a day or two.
  18. ARCHIVED-azcandace Guest

Hylandr wrote:
    I hope so. Not calling you a lier but several people on the forums kept claiming you didn't need the cd as long as you had the key code which turned out to be untrue So hopefully this turns out to be true :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Nizenka Guest

Hylandr wrote:
    Oh I sincerely hope that this is true. Like the previous poster, I'm not calling you a liar as well. I'm calling SoE out for their sneaky way on this for those that did pre-order the retail box at a particapating retailer, but in store.
    I have all my slips from GS. Only one is missing at the moment but I believe that may be in the fiancee's wallet. I hate that I've as well as many others have been given the slip on getting a house pet after pre-ordering before they changed they're mind on how to get it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Hylandr Guest

azcandace wrote:
    I never used the CDs either. I just registered my code and used the updater. The CDs have never left their sleeves.