RoK Pre-Order box questions answered here

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thornyblade, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Thornyblade Guest

Per EBGames / Gamestop website.
    -------------------------------------------
    All Items will ship with EverQuest II Rise of Kunark excluding the Burynai Seeker House Pet. Burynai Seeker House Pet is for online orders only. The code will be sent to you via email to unlock your Free Pet! Please make sure to supply a valid email address at time of purchase. Supplies are limited. See Stores details.
  2. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Great now I have to go cancel those preorders. This is rediculous that less than a week before release the marketing team still hasn't clarified anything. The others listed for preorder don't have any info at all and gamestop changes theirs less than a week before release.
  3. ARCHIVED-opteius Guest

Wait...

so does this mean that direct download orders only get the pet?

or if you order your box copy from Gamestop or EB and pay online you get the pet?

::confused::
  4. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

It looks to me like you can get the pet from a retail box, but the actual preorder has to be made online via the website of the store you want to pick up the product from.
    BTW....I called customer service about one concern I had. I bought digital download versions of KoS and EoF and therefore didn't get the house plant or clockwork pets that came with the retail version. The customer service representative told me that buying RoK would allow me to get these 2 items I'd missed out on previously.
    As for rumors I've heard about a cockatrice pet, the customer service representative said he didn't think one was included with either the digital download or retail versions of RoK.
  5. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

TheSpin wrote:
    the cockatrice pet is not a rumor, after digital d/l preorder i see the following in my accout (marked the new stuff red)

[IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

It would be in soe best interest to include a cockatrice pet for retail and a burnai for digital.
    There is always some person desperate enough to buy each copy to get both pets and add more revenue to soe.

On the rumour side cockatrice pet is somehow listed in avaiable features in your account info. So who knows what that means.

And what the gamestop post MEANS is that you need to PREORDER the game online at the store to recieve the PET. In which case you will recieve an EMAIL w a pet activation code from GAMESTOP.

If you go to the store the day of release u will nto recieve the pet.
  7. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

from my understanding the cockatrice pet is the regular pet and the badger is the preorder bonus...
  8. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I just wanted to update my previous post.
    After looking at my own subscription details I do indeed see the cockatrice pet. I purchased RoK via SoE store online.
    I do not see the house plant or the clockwork pets. Since I specifically asked about these two pets when I called customer support and was told I would get them I plan on contacting them again if they don't show up when RoK comes out. It is obvious to me that the customer support representatives do not have all the facts on this expansion. In fact, when I originally talked to the customer service agent, he told me the expansion was only available via digital download and I had to tell him where to find a SoE link that showed otherwise.
  9. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Thornyblade wrote:
    That text was just added to the website within the last day or so. I have a voice mail and a printout of the website without the text from a gamestop customer service manager saying that the code will be given to retail box purchases from the brick and mortar stores the day it is picked up. SOE is pretty much saying ANY pre-order will get the pet also
  10. ARCHIVED-Radigazt Guest

OK, maybe I'm dense, but I'm still not getting it. If I walk into a Gamestop/EB Games and pre-order from the dude at the counter, will I receive the special pre-order house pet? Or, do I need to pre-order online to get it? Is there a way to pre-order it from a Gamestop/EB Games and pick it up at the brick-and-morter store the day it comes out and still get the house pet? I'm so confused. Thanks in advance. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Toua Guest

Wow...

I like changing up my RL decorations, so I wanted the EQ2 poster that comes with the box. I also thought the Burynai Seeker, a badger that finds shinies, would be great for my druid's house. So last weekend, I researched to see if I could get both. The GameStop website said "Pre-Order EverQuest II Rise of Kunark and Receive Burynai Seeker House Pet." It said nothing about online vs. in-store ordering, and I read Wingrider01's posts here about a saved voicemail by a GameStop rep confirming it applies to in-store orders. So I went to a local GameStop, pre-ordered RoK, and thought I was set till next week.

On a whim, I check here today and find this. I then check the GameStop website and, indeed, they added a new disclaimer clarifying that in-store orders don't get the Burynai Seeker. (If anyone's interested, the version I saw last weekend, sans disclaimer, is as of this moment still in Google's cache). Now apparently, I can get the poster and Burynai Seeker if I pre-order RoK from GameStop's website... but can I really? If they're still editing key info less than a week before release, who says GameStop won't revise their site again in a few days?

What's more, I'm thinking about the cockatrice house pet. Will I miss out on it if I pick the wrong ordering method? I've seen a lot of conflicting info, but no definitive answer.

By now SOE must know what each ordering method includes. At least, one would hope. I'm sure the EQ2 team is extremely busy right now, but why can't a nice customer service rep sticky a simple write-up on the official forums, or on the official website, quickly telling us what's up? Honestly, I love EQ2 -- it's one of my favorite games I've ever played -- but it's frustrating having to hunt and dig for basic info which, with release supposedly in under a week, should be readily apparent.

EDIT: The long Google cache URL wasn't working, so I shortened it with TinyURL.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

Everyone, and i mean everyone gets the cockatrice pet. The difference is in pre order or no preorder. If you preorder, you get the digger. If you don't preorder, you dont get the digger.
  13. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

Can anyone provide the link where to pre-order Rok? The digital download from SOE, that is. Thank you.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Here has been my experience so far.
    The original game I pre-ordered and bought the collecters edition box from a retail store (EB)
    With that I got the pre-order 'baby dragon' pet, a house painting and a talking 'lucan' statue
    DoF I pre-ordered via digital download from Sony
    With that I did not recieve the pre-order 'monkey' pet
    KoS I pre-ordered via digital download from Sony
    With that I did not recieve the pre-order 'carnivorous plant' pet
    EoF, I did not pre-order and just bought from Best Buy boxed retail version
    With that I recieved the 'clockwork pet, the 'carnivorous plant' pet, and the 'monkey' pet

RoK I did plan on just doing Best Buy again, since they had it on launch day, included all the pets, and I'd have an easy way to reinstall the entire game if I upgraded my PC.

Not sure what to do now. If Sony did something like allow an .iso of the DVD to be downloaded as part of your digital download (optional), for those that would like a EQ2+DoF+KoS+EoF+RoK+AdvPacks install -- I'd do the digital download, as I see the digger as the cooler of the 2 pets anyway.
    I'd just hate to have to download that 20gb or whatever from launchpad if I ever had to reinstall. (I guess burning eq2 directory would work?)
  15. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Crowangel....just go to www.everquestII.com and I think there will be a preorder link on the bottom.
    Garg, I have the digital download preorder from station exchange and it includes the seeker house pet, and a pet cockatrice so the only thing you miss out on is the actual disks. I have heard it does indeed work to make a copy of your eq2 folder if you want to reinstall.
    I bought KoS and Eof both via digital download so i don't have the plant or the clockwork. I really hope I get them both when RoK comes out. If not I'll be a little disappointed.
  16. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

This is simply ridiculous! I had to cancel my original in store preorder that was made end of June.
  17. ARCHIVED-Calaadore Guest

...and for us people in the UK

amazon.co.uk are stating clearly that they will be emailing codes for the Burynai house pet with preorders of RoK and their estimated ship date is 12/13 November.

If I were you I would buy more than one cos in a few months time you won't be able to find any boxed copies around anywhere if EoF is anything to go by.
  18. ARCHIVED-Balrok Guest

SoE really need to stope messing with this crap! It is only pissing people off. I'm still bitter I had to wait to EoF to get my house plant. I downloaded KoS and was like [I cannot control my vocabulary]! I thought I was doing you a favor by downloading. Then, when I also got the 10 dollars store credit from Best Buy when I bought EoF in stores, I was like, "Never again will I download purchase!!" But now ONLY the download pre-order gets an additional item and instore purchase doesn't.
    STOP DOING THIS!
  19. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Exur@Nagafen wrote:
    This is NOT CORRECT! You can preorder from Best Buy.com (there's a link at www.everquestII.com ) preording the retail box online will absolutely get you the pet. Just because you preorder online doesn't mean you have to digitally download the game.
    It is possible (and even likely) that preordering the box from the store itself will also get you the pet, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gallenite Guest

Hi, folks - I've asked the marketing team that handles sales, downloads, retailers, and online for the simple explanation of how this works via the various means of distribution -- Hope this clears things up.

- Scott

_______

From retailers, the Burynai Seeker House Pet is only available for customers who pre-order online. There should be disclaimers on the retailers' sites. This is the only way that the retailers can manage the accounts to distribute the keys via email. The store employees should be instructed to tell people this when asked, but this doesn't always occur with in-store preorders. We try to make sure it's as clear as possible.

In short:

• Anyone who pre-orders from a retailer online should get an email from the retailer with the upgrade item key. The game key is in the physical box.
    • If you pre-order the digital download from the station store, the preorder grant is seamless.
    • If you pre-ordered digitally through Direct2Drive, you should get two keys as well (upgrade and game).