Requests from a Master Weaponsmith

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Troubor, Mar 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    It is a minority of attacks for both my scouts - a swashie and a dirge - but turning helps them both.
  2. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Youngone31 wrote:
    Did you miss that blessing procs off any spell, including heals.
    Damaging your target when casting a heal is hardly a great idea.

Yes in the example you give the gleaming strike might be better for some classes, but blessing would be better for others. So there is a meaningful choice.

A healer, or a summoner using a tank pet would avoid the interrupts and stifles, since they are not tanking, but would benefit from the buff on most spells, healing and attack ones.
  3. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
    Sure, but it's not as fun.

Looks like I'm going to have to get my hands on some cobalt and have my T6 weapons made before this update goes live.

Powers &8^]
  4. ARCHIVED-RandomStream Guest

A few simple questions.
    Will I be able to change a imbued weapon to blessed weapon and vice versa? i.e. by using it as the primary component in the imbuing process?
    Will I be able to use old weapons (pre update weapons) in the imbuing process? ( provied ther is a new weapon with the same name). If so what will the final weapon look like?
    Is this the time to loose the "Pristine" from the finished weapon description, as we no longer have any other possibility.
  5. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Powers wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-Brizzy Guest

NM - I'm derailing here, and I'd rather keep the focus on the topic.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    All of the RoK Faction crafted recipes are only useable after lvl 75+, some you have to be lvl 77. they would need to change it for everyone TBH...
    However if they changed it to where it was 'useable' by the player after lvl 75 rather than the level of the weapon, then that could to be beneficial.

On a side note, I'll re-iterate something I said in BetA: Whetstones should not be treated like adornments, they should just be a buff, similiar to potions/poisons...
  8. ARCHIVED-Youngone31 Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
    Be honest, I hope this isn't the case. I do obviously understand that there's a LOT more work involved with doing every tier at once, but one of my big complaints has always been "why can't I make a steel (insert weapon here) if I can make a xegonite or incarnadine (insert same weapon here)". Even if I know that sooner or later I will be able to make the new designs for each tier and that (I assume/hope) the other weapons only avaliable at higher teirs will be made avaliable for the lower tiers, I'd much rather have it so I can do it all at once, even if that means this change being a couple GU's away. No, I won't whine if it's tier 8 first done with GU 45, but I also won't whine and prefer it if it's all tiers done with GU 47 or 48 also. Having it so only tier 8 has the new designs and imbue/blessings will just compound the situation, even if only temporarly. It already is frustrating to have to explain "Okay..yes I made your mystic a one handed Xegonite voulge. But no, I just can't make your new defiler a voulge, one or two handed in steel...guess they think an 80th level weaponsmith with the master weaponsmith title just can't figure out how to do that...".
    Obviously as I said that will be slowly solved with each GU...but until it is, this will still cut out a lot of business that myself, and I suspect a lot of other weaponsmiths actually have..lower tier weapons. I lose business because I can't make a steel or feysteel (insert weapon here) but can make an ebon or greater or cobalt or greater (insert weapon here).
    Anyway, having said all that these changes so far are great, and I do understand that even if it's only tier 8 at first, it will slowly be implimented for all tiers, one GU at a time. Just...if possible...please do it all at once a couple GU's down the road...if that's feasable. If it isn't, then I can handle tier 8 only with Gu 45 as long as tier 7 is done with GU 46, tier 6 with GU 47, etc.
  10. ARCHIVED-sliderhouserules Guest

Troubor wrote:
    I've gotten the impression that she's going to do the whole lineup at once... all tiers.
  11. ARCHIVED-Youngone31 Guest

I noticed that you left the Shamshir as a 1HP sword. Is there any way you could also give us a 1HS sword that has str/wis/int on it???
  12. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Troubor wrote:
    Actually Troubor I believe the intention is to have this next update be the big update to ALL tier weapons. I get that impression from Domino's post here. However we most likely won't see recipes like Whetstones and Throwing Weapons being brought down through the tiers just yet, do to only have a week to get changes in before the deadline for the next patch update, as stated here.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Why is the Falchion getting a 1.6 delay? It's the only weapon on the list with this delay? Oversite or Intentional? Falchion is about the same size as a short sword, and that is atleast at a 3 delay...
  14. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

RandomStream wrote:
    No, no, and yes.

Lodrelhai wrote:
    No, and yes.
  15. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    Not to be overly flip, but, in order: 1) I assume it's there for people who want a fast weapon? 2) Incorrect, the dirk is also 1.6sec; but those are the only two. And 3) likely intentional; don't dirges (or people grouped with them regularly) occasionally want speedy weapons to maximize Blade Chime procs, for instance?

The Flamberge is identical in every stat except delay (4sec), I suppose you're meant to use that if you want a slower 1HS sword with 50 STR/50 INT...
  16. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Prrasha wrote:
    The dirk is understandable, it's a short pudgey piece of medal basically, so tiny it could mistaken as a throwing weapon although it should be minimuly 2.5. However, on the initial list she put out before it was updated the Falchion had a 4 sec delay and the Flamberge had a 1.6. Now the Flamberge (still feel this should be a 2h) has a 4 delay (and if it's a 1h sword it should be), but the Falchion now has a 1.6.
    TBH, no weapon other than fist weapons should be lower than 3 delay...thats just my opinion though...
    It's also been pretty much agreed upon anything below 2.5 is going to be fairly useless
  17. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    Anything below a 2.5 second delay will be useless when you have a fair amount of haste/attack speed, but for those characters in the lvl 1-40 range where haste items are at a premium a 1.6 second delay weapon is pretty nice as opposed to a 4 second weapon. Don't think it really makes sense to have the same weapon type switch damage/delay through the tiers, so you need a couple that are geared toward the lower tiers as well.
  18. ARCHIVED-sliderhouserules Guest

Wodreaux@Nektulos wrote:
    One thing I've hoped she's doing is reducing the delays for the lower tiers. A weapon that has 4.0 delay in T8 could scale back to a 2.0 delay for T1, for instance, with speeds in between for the middle tiers, etc.
  19. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    The new recipes for other classes are actual items that can be equipped. Alchemists can make necklaces, armorers received new armor, jewelers received ear, waist and bracelet items, provisioners received charms, sages received ranged slot items, tailors can make new armor and cloaks, woodworkers can make a new bow and new shields.

Weaponsmiths received stones that can only be used on dropped or quested items, except the ranged which have the option of being used on the woodworker bow. It would help our marketability if we could provide some sort of weapon that the stones we can make can be used on. But since the weaponsmith repertoire is so vast, then lowering the level the stones should be part of things. Requiring a player level of 75+ in addition to letting them be used on level 72 weapons would be ideal, imo. Then there would still be similar requirements to the other items (and honestly they should be lowered to 75 as well I think) but weaponsmiths could have the option of selling a "complete package" and could take advantage of the MC weapons hopefully increased marketability.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    True, however, maybe we will get lucky and there will be a couple new MC weapons recipes discovered as well with this next GU that will allow these whetstones on 'em ;)