RAID WEAPONS!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xenord, Feb 28, 2015.

1. ElectricPotato Active Member

1.Crumblon(Pools)- Malicious symbol--- 3 fighter useable items (only 1 of 3 is brawler useable), 4 priest usable items, 2 mage useable items, 1 scout useable* item (scout shield =()

\aITEM -55745272 1368577457:Discerning Malicious Symbol\/a
    All-fighters 2s block weapon, scout shield, priest shield
    \aITEM 312673316 -2088540080:Sharp Malicious Symbol\/a
    Fighter mit shield, fighter ??? shield
    \aITEM -1951771234 -440270917:Resilient Malicious Symbol\/a
    Mage/priest symbol, Mage/priest Symbol, priest shield.

2. Morin&Barin(Pirate)- 2 crusader/warrior, 1 brawler*, 1 scout*(unfavorable stats), 5 mage, 4 priest (5 shaman/druid, 6 channeler)

\aITEM -1969910957 980527844:Discerning Malicious Greatweapon\/a
    2s Warrior/Crusader/Shaman/Channeler Spear, 4s Scout/Brawler Recover/Reuse
    \aITEM 351346416 916594334:Reserved Malicious Greatweapon\/a
    priest/mage 4s 2hander, priest/mage 2s 2hander.
    \aITEM -40715323 1644866003:Resilient Malicious Greatweapon\/a
    6s mage 1hander, 6s priest/mage 2hander
    \aITEM 1687939711 -168437627:Sharp Malicious Greatweapon\/a
    warrior/crusader/druid/channeler 4s 2hander, mage/priest 6s 2hander.

3. Kapn' Casbar(Pirate)- 4 warrior/crusader, 2 brawler*, 2 scout*, 3priest, 4druid, 5shaman, 6 channeler

\aITEM 1742127082 -1949091023:pirate's Weapon Pattern\/a
    priest/mage symbol, 4s scout (recovery reuse), 4s scout/brawler (recovery mod)
    \aITEM 398216037 -260616810:Captain's Weapon Pattern\/a
    priest shield, **<---shaman/channeler spear 6 1hand--->**, , fighter 4s block dagger
    \aITEM -105764279 -847727716:Brokenskull Weapon Pattern\/a
    druid/channeler 6s 1hand, priest 4s 1hand, fighter shield
    \aITEM -1900733729 -55981011:Krasnok's Weapon Pattern\/a
    4s mage 1hand,**<---- 6s shaman/channeler 1hand----->**, fighter mit shield
    That spear shows up twice, its the same nameand stats and everything, but since its in 2 patterns I'll count it as separate ones.

4. PowerVampire(Cathedral of Boners)- 3 warrior/crusader, 1brawler*, 2scout*, 2mage, 3priest, 4 shaman/channeler

\aITEM -1663758065 -489376912:Discerning Malicious Weapon\/a
    priest 6s 1hand, priest shield, mage 4s 1hand
    \aITEM -338550375 1374565744:Resilient Malicious Weapon\/a
    mage/priest symbol, scout/brawler 4s (recovery/mod), scout warrior crusader 6s block
    \aITEM 1926983715 -1288686859:Sharp Malicious Weapon\/a
    6s shaman channeler 1hand, 6s warrior/crusader 1hand, fighter shield
  2. ElectricPotato Active Member

total useable scout items off those 4 bosses is, erm? 6
    1 is a shield, 1 is a 6s block sword, that leaves us with 2 recovery 4s off krasnok, a recovery mod 4s off powervampire, and one 4s recovery/reuse off Morin Barin.

But we ended up with 4 priest shields? And 4 patterns had shaman/channeler spears?

Suggestions: add scout to the 1h shaman channeler spears, add scout to the 1hand druid swords, add scout to the 4s and 6s fighter swords where possible( not the block/mit ones please winky face).
  3. Sounson Active Member

As a brawler, I don't have a single good weapon choice. If I didn't get the Bloodied Zlandicar weapon from last xpac, I am SEVERLY limited in my tanking ability compared to other tanks. There are zero raid weapons that have mitigation as far as I've seen, and the ones that do have block (a measly 12-13 block compared to the plate tank's 30+ block shields) are 2.0 delay weapons, which I will never use thanks to the immense lag and the amount of auto attacks I would sacrifice when casting defensive temps. The only option I have are heroic zone weapons that are 6.0 second and 11.4 mit, or a 4.0 2H with the same stats (which should be at least 6.0 or 8.0 imo).

Meanwhile, plate tanks get a 6.0 2H from temple with 27+ mit, or they get a shield with 30+ block. I will have every endgme piece of raid gear I could possibly want, but still be wearing heroic weapons, or begging people to go back and do ToV raids with me to get my Zlandiicar weapon, which won't happen.

Are these the options you were intending for endgame brawlers? Go back to ToV or be crippled using heroic weapons?
    Silzin likes this.
  4. Xenord Member

No, you dont. If you are monk)
  5. Silzin Active Member

A Major Lack in Itimisation does not have any bearing on class balance. the items should be the same all around then classes should be balanced. (Class Balance has NOTHING to do with this thread) So 2 weapons from last Xpac should not be the only options for Defensive Brawlers.
  6. Kiry Active Member

Perfect I hope it drops 1st time after the patch then I can change my last name :)
    Crychtonn likes this.
  7. Xenord Member

I'm not sure that they are for defensive brawlers.
    I use \aITEM -2096175583 -485209174:Torment, Bane of the Seas\/a and \aITEM 795307228 -201062275:Zlandicar's Riven Heart\/a for next reasons. achieve block cap without defensive cloak and belt and change them to one with flurry and don't put 5 AA in Deflecting Blow (Shadow). If you wanna be defense you can use cloak and belt with +mit/block which amend 6 + 20 block chance gain regard with heroic weapons. But yeah. There's really no any heroic item you could use instead of them)))))))

And 1 thing you should know about class balance due to itemisation that is brawler needs 142+- 1% block chance to achieve block cap, when plate tanks needs 210+ block chance)
  8. Silzin Active Member

I understand what u mean with the discrepancy with Block needed between plate and Brawler tanks. But the point is that you like me for defense are using Last tier (ToV) Weapons over Heroic or Raid AoM Weapons, sine they are better than anything you can get in AoM. If you only had access to AoM weapons you could get 12% Mit or Block per weapon and you could place 5 or 6% Block per weapon. (So a max of 24% Mit or Block and about 12 % Block added)

I use Peacebringer from ToV 22% Block and 22% Mit in 1 item and I can put 3 white block adorns from the solo zones. It comes out to somewhere around about 48% block and 22% mit, and there is nothing in any way that can come close to that from AoM for a brawler.
  9. Sounson Active Member

The point of this thread is that there are no new raid weapons in AoM for certain classes that are even remotely usable. This isn't a thread to compare class abilities or make an argument that old xpac weapons are good enough, it's that almost all the new weapons make 0 sense and nobody uses them. Weapon patterns literally go to straight to rot. Silzin's post above me sums up the issues.
  10. ElectricPotato Active Member

What I'd like to see,

only 3 patterns per boss- 4 patterns gets things split up too much, also, at least 3 items choices all together on each pattern.

shield option pattern- scout shield option, 2s scout weapon option

2hander pattern- a 4s and a 6s scout only offhand only weapon (not shared with fighters, no mit block)

different stat distritbutions, first 4s is mod recovery, second guys is Not mod recovery.

less specialized weapons taking up limited pattern slots. if there are subclasses barred from weidling items, add them on top of items in the pattern, ergo don't take up the 3 item choices with shaman channeler spears, add the spear as a 4th or 5th choice if it has to exist because its the coolest ever or whatnot.

If the entire pattern has 3 items, 2/3 which are limited to 4 subclasses, raid is sadpanda

I feel that Zlandicar patterns felt much more desired in their day compared to the current AoM weapon patterns dropping (although those covered ranged in addition, so, different story kinda).
  11. Xenord Member

All hopes are broken.... Construct of Malice drops mythical artefact scout... 4 sec...

[IMG]
    Cian4ik likes this.
  12. Karagon Active Member

Brawlers are supposed to have more avoidance, while plate tanks are supposed to have more mitigation due to plate armor. That basis was actually ruined in last two expansions when fighters got mythical Drinal shield, but you should consider that... Balance is ruined if plate tanks have same avoidance as brawlers using same amount of block chance + extra mitigation from armor... (and that has nothing to do with temporary abilities - basics matter, all classes have different abilities, those who have less avoid temps - have something else...)
  13. Caith Developer

Brawlers are not supposed to have more base avoidance, brawlers have more health.
  14. Sounson Active Member

Caith, is there anything in the works to add new brawler weapons or (better yet) change the current 2.0 ones we've looted but don't use? I'm geared to the teeth, but right now I'm flopping around old Fabled zones from ToV to get a weapon from a collection quest? It just seems a little broken to me.
  15. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

How is having more health going to stop a Brawler from getting killed when bosses do over 20million damage per swing?
  16. Caith Developer

Are you trying to say that every time a tank gets hit, it's for 20 million damage?
    Laiina likes this.
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Clearly you've never seen me tank :D

Wtb some scout bows though, please!
    duckster likes this.
  18. Caith Developer

If self.class == ranger then
    self:explode()
    end
    Ykysha, Errrorr and Kryvak like this.
  19. Korucuu Well-Known Member

:( i r exploded.
  20. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Before defensive checks go in, auto attacks hit for that much and more. That's why no matter how much health you may have, mobs attacks will quadruple that with one swing.