RAID WEAPONS!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xenord, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Sounson Active Member

If there are any raid tanks (especially brawlers) that actually use the 2.0 delay raid weapons, please post on here and let us know why and your experiences. I haven't met anyone anywhere that uses them, so I'd be interested to hear from one that does if they exist.

Do all the brawler raid weapons rot? If is there someone out there who uses them.
  2. Silzin Active Member

I tryed using the 2h Peacebringer in 2.0 mode, but i just could not keep up with it and was tripping over m self way to much. even with it in 4.0 mode, its just not worth it, but the 6.0 works good since its about the same speed a 2 1h 4.0s.
  3. Karagon Active Member

The only thing you can use 2 sec's for - is if you want to remove most of your damage skills from the hotbars. And actually you won't lose a lot doing that...
  4. Xenord Member

Caith, I will try to prove to you that Contempt, Shield of T'Vyl, hereinafter - the mythical one, not as good as you say.
    Yeah, it will allow you to swap 2 pieces of block gear for mitigation gear. But you will lose 13.8 mitigation from Captain's Board of Navigation, hereinafter - the epic one.

Imagine the following situation. Some guardian uses epic shield, has 215% block chance and thereby has hardcap of absolute block (70%). Epic shield has 4010 block +215% = 12631 block.

Once apone a time (begins like a fairytale :)) this guardian loots mythical shield. He understands, that it has more block chance, more block, but mitigation missing. So he decides to figure how much pieces of block chance set he can change. Myth shield has 4211 block. 12631/4211=3, so he needs only +200% block chance with myth shield to get hardcap, and myth shield himself has a 35.1 - 31.4 = 3.7 block chance more than epic. So, guardian realizes that he wins with myth sheild 15 +3.7 = 18.7 block chance, but loses 13.8 mitigation increase. He had to swap 2 pices of armour to get profit from that.

So total win is 4.9% of mitigation increase, headache cause of dropping, rolling, gemming, swapping pieces and don't forget about 5% base CA increase, it's very importatnt for tank when you in defense stance!

P.S., 4.9 mitigation increase gives only 313 mitigation vs physical, it like a being a kerra/barbarian or whoever who has a mit inc racial trait. So, if you are, you can think you already have mythical shield.

Correct me if I was wrong.

Sincerely, Xenord
  5. Xenord Member

I will say oops, mistaken a lilbit. But this does not alter the conclusions.

Hard cap of abs. block with epic - 221,2%. 12880 block/evasion or how it by english.
    Hard cap of abs. block with myth - 205,8%.
    Win in block 221,2% - 205,8% + 3,7% = 19,1%
    Total win in mitigation 19,1% - 13,8% = 5,3%
    5,3% mitigation increase is 339,2 mitigation vs physical. So kerra and barbarian still actual.
  6. Sounson Active Member

Gninja: where are the raid weapons you promised brawlers? I have seen 0. I've seen 2 new weapons that are exactly the same as old trash ( a 6.0 1 her with 12 mit, and a 2 her with worse stats than the old caisson pattern 2her). Is this all that was put in?
  7. Reevar Active Member

I got this yesterday out of Heroic
    http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1482542479
    Sort of a crappier peacebringer so I am hoping they added a raid version also.
  8. Sounson Active Member

Will a Dev please respond? Link me something, because NOTHING has dropped. I can't trust you guys to do anything you say anymore.
  9. Xenord Member

\aITEM -1136348875 1191833382:Force of Nature\/a

Damage type can't be changed.
  10. Gninja Developer

There are raid weapons that brawlers can use in the Rum Cellar Campaign. I can't say if its the exact weapon everyone wants because everyone wants something different. But yes, there are many many many weapons in the Rum Cellar Campaign and we did our best to make sure all classes/styles were covered except for 2.0 delay weapons. We are not making anymore 2.0 delay weapons. Also I don't believe any weapons from the Rum Cellar Campaign can have their damage types changed either. We will discuss that portion of it.
  11. Sounson Active Member

Could you please link one them please? Because all I see on the EQ2U database is 1 or 2 weapons with worse stats than the heroic dropped caisson patterns.
  12. Priority Well-Known Member

Can you expand on the bolded section? Is this intended or just an oversight?
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm hoping you don't make damage type a 'chase' for future content. I doubt people will feel a sense of accomplishment getting a weapon of equal or lesser power just because the damage type is different so they can hit GoofyMob2236
    Mermut likes this.
  14. Ebofu Active Member

\aITEM -1251980629 -2071671584 0 0 0:[Bladed Baton of Swarthy Swings]\/a

Disco'd this weapon, presuming its intended for brawler
  15. Gninja Developer

Its intended for right now. Doing those the way we did them in AoM was actually a ton of work. We are working on a way to just change the damage types of weapons without having to do a full swap of the weapon, so it will be much easier. For now the Rum Cellar weapons are just unable to be changed. That may change as we evaluate time going forward.
    Jrel, Feldon and Neiloch like this.
  16. Priority Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the quick response. Hopefully you find a way that's easier on you guys than creating 9 different versions of the same weapon.
    Mermut likes this.
  17. Treson Member

Not to mention that when you apply a damage type essence to a T2 raid weapon, in many cases it returns the wrong item and reduces the damage rating of the weapon.

Applying an Essence of Disease to:

\aITEM -297027309 -357740877:Swarthy Swashbuckler's Shank\/a

Returns:

\aITEM -1200190193 1794840090:Disease Quicksilver Dirk of Madness\/a

T1 appears to work but there was a reason I got better weapons then paid through the nose to get the essences for them. Damage specific weapons work better for me as my raid debuffs a lot more noxious than it does physical.

Seems like some weapons are getting fixed just not mine!
  18. Caith Developer

That one is in the next batch, took a bit to do an audit of all of them. They should all be fixed as of the next hotfix.
  19. Treson Member

Nice one! I have a second T2 weapon waiting to be converted but I'm scared to do it just in-case I nerf it lol. How about increasing their base damage a bit more too ;)
  20. Treson Member

Yes I am a Dirge
    Xenord likes this.