RAID WEAPONS!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xenord, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Crychtonn Active Member

Changes to weapon damage being a ton of work is partly on you guys. There was no need to make all the different fragments you did. All non physical damage was narrowed down to 3 types ages ago, Arcane, Noxious and Elemental. I'd hazard to guess only having to make 3 additional versions of weapons would have been a lot less time consuming then making what is it 9 different versions.

PS - I love these items and being able to change weapon damage. Only pointing out you guys could have made it a lot less work for yourselves. My ranger could care less if he's using Flame Essence ammo or Frost Essence ammo. All he cares about is using something that does Elemental damage. Same with an assassin between Disease or Poison items. Both do Noxious damage.
  2. Adegx Active Member

While we on this subject...Any dev care to weight in on where the plate useable 1h mit weapons are?
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

QFE.

Just go with 3 types of fragments: arcane, noxious, and elemental. Make things easy on yourselves and don't over do things like the original devs did 10+ years ago when they made 24 (now 26) unique classes that you current devs have to deal with (and have to do with a much smaller workforce.)
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

And I'd say those 24 classes are what make EQ2 such a good and fun game to play.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

We had 16 classes EQ1, and it was a good and fun game to play, the need to split those classes up into subclasses for the 24/26 in EQ2 was just overkill.

It added extra work for unique armor and weapon creation in both stats and appearance. It causes class balancing to be a constant issue with spells and combat arts. It's to the point that the uniqueness that each class offered 10+ years ago has started to bleed over on some classes, yet one class is not desired on raids, and the other class is (brigand/swashbuckler, for example). Beastlords started out pretty good, then got toned down too not being a raid-worthy class.

All EQ2 needed at launch for scouts was a standard D&D backstabbing rogue class (a mixture of swashy, brig, assassin), a ranger class, a bard class, and the classic EQ1 beastlord class (which should have been a leather class, not chain) (zerkers were a "new" chain class in EQ1).

Likewise for the having a pure plate tank (warrior class), a traditional monk (depending on city alignment, they were then deemed "good" or "evil"), likewise with the "holy" crusader class: call them crusaders, but if they came from a "good city", they were then a paladin subclass, and if they were from an "evil city", they were called shadowknights.

Mages just needed to be have an enchanter class, a finger wiggling wizard-type class, and a pet class (necros).

Healers only needed to have 3: plate (cleric), chain (shaman), leather (druid).
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

Never played EQ1, it never interested me. EQ2 on the other hand with its promise of a rich environment filled will interesting races playing interesting classes spurred my interest from the moment it was announced.