Raid Progression Halted due to HP Increase

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xeryn, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ummmyeh Active Member

Lets not quote out of context, K. Thanks.

Onra said:
    “Never. In fact the entire purpose of this thread is to get the opposite of Live. Raid progression.

Your other comments were posted to the wrong site and do not belong here.”

So unlike your legion of plebs you will not tell me where my posts belong or do not belong. If a redname comes and deletes it so be it.

Fact of the matter is that you have taken this thread off topic too many times with your inane drivel that it is becoming pathetic.

If there was anyone relevant posting on the "other" site it would have already been there. Now do something that rhymes with mut the buck cup and go kill your easy mode mobs with absolutely 0 competition.
  2. Ummmyeh Active Member

Sorry for the off-topic derail. Let me try to get it back on.

Here is my take on the whole situation. There has been a lot of valid points made in this thread. Too many to quote them all. There have been a lot of selfish ones too.

I think right now TLE is in a good spot. It seems like the whole server is making some progress now. Which is good for the server as a whole. Now everyone can enjoy the same experience and have fun like it was intended in the first place. I have seen a crapload of raid progression happening and the people that I have spoken with are enjoying themselves with it.

Sure gear is messed up and mobs are a little wonky but that was drawn out very clear when it started. It is about the journey! Things will deviate from your first go around. It will be similar but not quite the same. I would like to see them get gear progression fixed. But right now it is what it is. It is not 2008.

It would be nice if there was an easy fix. Obviously there is not... at least not one that will appease everyone.

Good luck with all you guys are doing and just enjoy yourself that is the main thing. If you are not enjoying yourself then maybe it is time for a change.

Peace
  3. outtaspells Member

I don't think they will affect every raid guild in such a dramatic way as you make it out to be. We are progressing through the expansion. Normally we would need to get better gear to progress. As it stands right now u can kill all the mobs with solo/quested/rtt coins/heroic gear. So therefore there doesnt NEED to be a progression of gear. Would it be awesome? sure. But we are having fun getting used to the encounters and beating them. In a couple of months when the Mobs have all been beaten your propaganda machine having been in full effect for a couple of months will move the server forward so then it wont matter.

There is a lot of people having fun with the way content is and im sorry to the people that will quit over lack of better gear. If the gear gets changed i hope you come back. This server is about Maximum Nostalgia and that means different things to different people. To me it means getting as many people through all the raid content as possible. The current Mob difficulty is on track to do just that. Perhaps the server will start doing Pick up raids again and even those not in raiding guilds will get to see some things they have never done before.
    Sejreia likes this.
  4. Poofe Active Member

^ cool and unique gear was one of the best things about ROK. All of that is lost in its current incarnation. Without upgrades the novelty of killing Nexona will wear off and things will be a drag.

Gear progression is the carrot that continues to keep people playing when boredom would otherwise set in.
    Molly likes this.
  5. Xakrein Well-Known Member

The cool and unique gear of RoK ceased to exist several years ago, when SOE ran the loot stat script over (almost) the entire game, and made an epic mess of things in the process. It will go down as one of the biggest blunders in EQ2s history.

If someone went into RoK expecting cool and unique gear like in 2008, they have paid absolutely no attention.

Lucky for the people on TLE, they get a whole new expac approximately every 3 months. So the gear progression carrot does not apply in the same way it does on Live servers.

If anything, the shorter lifespan of expansions on TLE supports a case for raid content being easier, and not necessarily offering BiS items. It would allow more people to experience the content before it is pushed aside for a new expansion. Of course, there is bound to be a guild, or maybe two, that get offended by that notion.
    outtaspells and Sejreia like this.
  6. RadarX Community Manager

Folks this one has gone as far as it needs to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.