Raid Progression Halted due to HP Increase

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xeryn, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Yes, you are demonstrably correct! Daybreak planned this back in 2003, and decided abusing TLE was the best way to inflate their figures for the 2016 release of the Kunark sequel. It had nothing to do with the success of TLP servers on EQ1. Darn those evil DBG masterminds plotting such wicked schemes 13 years in advance. We players had no chance, like lambs to the slaughter.

And the promises they broke? While on a phone hookup with the board of directors for Columbus Nova, I was personally assured that EQ2's TLE servers will be given 82.571% of Dev resources, because the best players in the world play on TLE. This can not be argued because I said it is true. Due to the immoral behavior of the board of directors, someone should use the /pizza command to send dozens of anchovy pizzas to the evil overlords. That will teach them!

This post was made in honor of a drop from Skyshrine: Thunderous Pantaloons.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  2. Irvin Active Member

I bet loads of people raiding don't fall in to either of your "only" two categories. As has been said before in their thread, how can people comment about itemisation of T1, T2 and T3 raid gear when they don't see it, can't equip it or compare it against anything they are using before.

It's becoming incredibly tiring watching you turn every single thread into this same endless itemisation plug. There is no doubt that gear is broken but you going on about it endlessly with no feedback from devs is totally pointless and telling people the don't care just because they don't go on about it as much as you do is daft.

For the record, I go with point 1.
    Demoneque likes this.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Onra's original post appears to have been deleted from the Battlegrounds thread, but I did find this exchange:
  4. Satyr Well-Known Member

FWIW I don't think itemisation was ever as bad as it is now.

- In Shattered Lands they missed itemising the loot from all the Fire/ice raid mobs and there were some weird drops (a brawler hat from Nagalik with wisdom on it) and a contested raid mob with no loot but Shattered Lands was largely fine. The problems from Shattered Lands (tooltips that didn't work, marginal masters upgrades etc) we've largely just come to accept.

- Halfway through DoF instances other than Poet's Palace just stopped dropping loot. At launch though, there were again some sketchy drops, particularly in Silent City, and no fixes for things people complained about a decade earlier (trash in PPR, doors in Poet's Palace) but otherwise, the content was mostly fine. There were niggles, some of the T1 raiding could have been a little harder considering much of the heroic content could be solo'd but Pedestal and DMP were fantastic raid zones.

- KoS was just a mess. As much as I loved the difficulty of the heroic content I appreciate that it was terrible for much of the player base. The raids were basically avoidance RNG and just awful because of an overtuned autoattack. Contesteds were unclearable. This was an overreaction to DoF where all heroic content was soloable, the contested raid zone could be done with 6 people and an x 2 of fresh 60's could clear most raids except the final two and PPR. This was the worst TLE expansion and ironically was one people were most looking forward to. Higher tier loot was awful, but on the whole there was some progression if you ignored how awful the raid encounters were. This expansion killed Deathtoll and smashed Stormhold's population.

- EoF I feel largely aligned with people's expectations. I didn't raid at the high end in this Xpac but from what I understand it was pretty fun. Many classes had borked AA in the second AA tree which was never fixed, which is disappointing.

- RoK All raid loot is broken. There is no sense of progression. Loot gets worse as you progress. For about half the population their raid line quest is utterly useless. I feel like this is as much a failure as KoS was, the only difference being more people can actually clear the content. How long will it draw people's interest though?
  5. Demoneque Member

Sorry, Venser. I did not make up the SF part. Here's a screencap of a conversation with Onra yesterday.

[IMG]
  6. Demoneque Member

Don't get me wrong, Onra. I would love to see the gear get fixed as much as anyone else. It would clearly benefit all of us. I'm just pessimistic of it happening based on the only interaction that we've had with the development team telling us that stats cannot be raised any further and that all gear up to CoE has to be redone.

My previous post was not to be negative towards you. I was just responding to being called out by Venser and showing that I was not making things up.

It feels like there isn't anything left to discuss.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Honestly, with all this bickering going on, I can see the devs putting a Crit Mit/Resolve type mechanic into the top end raid zones just to keep hardcore players busy. "Here, now get farming and shut up".
  8. Socks New Member

There seems to be a major misconception going around that it's only the "hardcore players" who has anything to gain from fixing itemization. Right now, with a few exceptions, all the bis gear on TLE comes from solo or heroic content. There was no gear progression in raids, thus their solution to ninjachange dps/mob mit, to make the higher tier of raids doable.

Right now there is no point in raiding other than to be able to cross that mob off the list. How is that fun for anyone?

As others have stated in this thread, atleast a word from the devs regarding the recent changes to TLE would be appreciated. Some of us are trying to decide whether to keep playing or not.
    Molly likes this.
  9. Krov Active Member

Whoa , stop with the epeen.

Theres no such thing as casual or hardcore ... you either are a raider or not. The progression boils down to individuals and people with the same mindset and the amount time spent on content ... simple as that,

My "casual' guild was clearing t1 before nerf with 2 groups and we are just now stable with 4 groups so dont judge a guild based on where there placed on eq2 raiders, trust me we will be competing.

I think that is amazing for a 2 week old guild :) So back on point to the subject matter.

There needs to be a across the board revamp for this tier even you listed that every single tier has been broken.

T5, DoF, KoS, EoF and now RoK are you surprised ? I sure am not.

I never said it can not be fixed. I do not think it will be though due to what you have already listed and said about the previous tiers. I am show me kinda a guy not the fixs are comming and a expansion later we are still waiting on them...

So Back to progression :

Being realistic lets start at the end of EOF gear was basicly 45 for primary stats on set pieces using sta as the point of refrence since we are both paladins .

That means entry point gear for rok needs to be 45 - 50 points for gear 71 - 75.

Mid level 75 - 79 roughly 55 points. (wow! Those master crafted items might be used)

level 80 gear and T1 gear 60 points T2 65 T3 70 points ... thats the logical gear progression imo with contested being at 75 points roughly.

That leaves plenty of "space" for stuff that this tier still has not seen . SoH // RE 2 and moving into the next tier.

That solves the gear progression , we can not keep inflating stats . In multiple posts you have already stated you out stat a toon that farmed for 8 months as you claim inside three weeks.That right there is flat out part of the problem.

The point im making is you do not get to be selective. Either we get a revamp and make it a true progression and start farming like the way it needs to be or not. If we are going to revamp it lets do it , but lets not kick the can down the road.

Because just buff vp gear is kinda ******** even more so comming from a guild that already has vp basicly cleared and the changes will have little or no impact on.

I do understand what you are saying you already hit the peak and really its not worth raiding because theres no viable upgrades ... doing it this way makes sense though . That is the only way I can really see progression in the way most raiding guilds want.

With that being said though , are you comfortable taking a step back ? Is the server ? Are the devs even reading this ?

Because its not that I do not care Onra , I simply play because after bashing and caring for 5 expansions and yes , going toe to toe with you for all of them at the #2 spot ex nih and calamity and seeing both those guilds crumble either due to progression or lack of content fixs or just leadership issues. It is old .. really old at this point.

So if you want other guilds help , im all for it but it has to be constructive all the way around ... otherwise we are just pushing the issue to the next vote.
    Xakrein likes this.
  10. Satyr Well-Known Member

I mean, just going back on to the overall point as well.

- Casual guilds want to eventually clear the content but many want to do it at a slower place
    - Raiders want a challenge

Progression means that over time casual players can build up gear to tackle harder content. Hardcore players will clear the content faster with worse gear, but back in the day, would then move on to extremely difficult challenges like avatars. These two goals can and did coexist. It's in the best interest of casual players for the highest tier content to be a little tricker and for item to progression to exist. Once you master the easier content, you gear up your raid force and move on.

For longevity to exist, item progression is key, more so for casual players than hardcore players - hardcore players have already cleared the content so besides the disappointment, there actually isn't much in it for them because there are no avatars that have been released on TLE RoK. Really, they are only gearing up for speculative future releases, but they aren't, because the gear is bad.

And guys, get the chips off your shoulders. Casual is not a pejorative and even hardcore players space themselves out and take breaks. We recognise people have different play styles, and the thing is, with a few minor changes everyone CAN be a winner.
    Meneltel and Socks like this.
  11. Venser Active Member

never read that thread, my bad :p
  12. Satyr Well-Known Member

The plan involved progressively higher levels of crit depending upon gear tier, and replacing some misallocated stats like cast speed on every durn scout piece. This would benefit raiders of all tiers.
  13. Help New Member

my mom says i'm a winner....
  14. Satyr Well-Known Member

My mum says I won't be for as long as I'm playing this game.
  15. iqwizard New Member

Onra,
    Straight up man I kicked you out of the guild as you did exactly what I told you not to. As far as our competence I helped everyone of your guildies that came over to RTT with nothing expected in return. So if ******* = Competence I fail that check sorry man.

All Others,
    Raid has been 4x and 3x last week was a holiday weekend and many were traveling and our main tank had a family emergency.
    Synergy has had some set backs but so has Dread Army the challenge on this server is filling a raid force not only with bodies but with proper classes. This server is the most challenging hands down! People over on TLE making comparisons are just plain idiots. TLE is a live server you have dedicated players that are in your guilds and you all have worked together for months. TLE got to start ROK with vit pots and coin armor which is just not available here. You walked into your first raid with raid gear. So can we please stop comparing them to us. Dread Army has raided more hours and days and has many dedicated core players from there live server. Synergy is just that many different people from many different servers working together without any real experience working together to drop the hardest content in the game only raiding 2 days a week 3-4 hours. We have only truely raided 12 total hours and most of that was x3 plus 2-4 extra people and we cleared all T1 and only have T2 Venril left. I believe given our short time raiding our guild is going very well. All of Synergy members are in other raiding forces and doing this as an extra responsibility on top of there normal raiding schedule. This is a tall request of anyone but trying to get 24 people in every country in this world in a raid force at the same time has proven to be the largest challenge.

Dev Team,
    You all really messed up the design of this server you created a solo grind with individual rewards and then want somehow all these people whom banged there head solo through your content to somehow all come together and work as a team. Your biggest mistake was giving any coins till Trakanon was dead. I would have allowed all to get the rewards but not able to claim any till the dragon was dead. That way all people whom came to R2T server had the same goal. I would have not given a single coin till the dragon fell and the guild that dropped him first got double current coins for all members. Also with the addition of spell research the rate at which masters drop was decreased greatly (this is an old live server so has this implemented unlike TLE which was a true blank server) not to mention all ROK outdoor named mobs do not drop fabled chests at all. You had to give on one or the other. Either turn back up drop rate of masters and let fabled gear drop from outdoor mobs or implement research (Left a ton of money on the table here) even though it was not there during ROK as there were also not blue stats in ROK so saying you wanted the same was just not possible.
    Meneltel and Sejreia like this.
  16. Satyr Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  17. Krov Active Member

How about just fix it as I posted and its no longer a issue ? Are you willing to have the heroic gear being nerfed , and all the various tiers mean something ?
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

Meneltel likes this.
  19. Satyr Well-Known Member

I would prefer that but rather than upsetting people it's easier to add an additional blue stat to raid gear that gets better as you level through tiers. I've repeatedly posted the fix, backtrack through the thread and read it.
  20. Krov Active Member

That fix just bloats the problem even more. The fix is not additional stats period . The stats need to be put into check.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.