PvE Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Caith Developer

1. EXP And Vitality Potions on the Marketplace - We will be removing these from the marketplace for the first few weeks.
    flameweaver, Jaden, Siren and 4 others like this.
  2. Syneofeternity Member

Okay from seeing how you developers are approaching this "mitigation" issue it has me quite scared that you just don't want plate tanks to be a thing. Currently you are reducing all worn mitigation items by a stock 30%. I have tested this on all different worn armor types. It works the same throughout them all. You are not taking in account the avoidance is different for each class and the base amount that is given per level is also different. IE a bruiser is higher than a conjuror which is higher than a guardian. With a soft and hard cap system in place. Such as the one you have in your game a straight percentage debuff across the board will never work and almost guarantee some classes will be totally worthless. Mitigation points start to become less and less the higher it gets which starts to bring the plate tank wearers closer and closer mit % wise to a leather wearer while there avoidance is less than half.

Just to point out an example I leveled a ranger and pally to 10 and put them both in HC gear. Ranger was 67.1% mit with 28.7% avoidance. Meanwhile the pally was 67.2% mit and 5.7% avoidance.
    Laliya and Siren like this.
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Is it then decided we'll have no easy way to get to Qeynos of Freeport? You said the starting areas were set but it was also said you'd work out a way to get there.
  4. Caith Developer

The bell inside Neriak will take you to Freeport, likewise the one on the docks at Halas will take you to Qeynos.

Edit: As for other, even more convenient ways, that hasn't been decided on one way or the other.
  5. Ealthina Member

Well said...
    Tituli, Mizgamer62 and Nicolos like this.
  6. Xanadin New Member

Still not sure why they aren't trying to crowd fund this project. Would be a great indicator of the actual interest in such a server assuming it even gets funded. If it doesn't then you can scrap the idea and move on to something that will make you money...
  7. Ealthina Member

As barren at Live is you really want to risk the embarrassment of seeing just how many people are NOT playing your game?
    Xanadin likes this.
  8. Nicolos Active Member

The max level recipes using next tier resources is something that needs to be fixed. You say no but that's a crucial issue not just for this launch but for every level increase expansion in the future. You are essentially saying that even though you get a level 50 spell you can't upgrade it unless you are lucky on a master drop.

Just being honest here, not trying to be rude, but it just seems like all you guys are doing is looking for easy outs. Not changing something just because you will have to change it again? That's lazy. You are rushing the servers to launch next week after a very short beta instead of taking your time, getting it right and listening to the many suggestions that might take a bit of extra time. Wouldn't you rather grab and retain people by doing it right versus a rush job that many will bail on before the first month is even over? I guess time will tell if you created a failure when you had potential to have a huge hit.
    Laliya, Lungz, Siren and 4 others like this.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

There is currently no way for evil aligned to get to New Halas. This means that evil characters cannot do the T2 crafting questline which unlocks the vendor that sells the T2 Advanced recipe books.
  10. Mystfit Well-Known Member

There is an evil version of that quest if you wanna trudge over to Halas ;)
    NVM. I see that someone is reporting you can't get to Halas :(
  11. Peak Nagafun

I would definitely throw money at a Kickstarter.
    Jexus likes this.
  12. Caith Developer

That is a different question than the one I was answering above. We haven't decided on exactly how we are going to equalize this yet, but yes it will be equalized.
  13. Odyssey Active Member

That may be the first priority but it can't be the only priority. The leveling needs to be right but assuming most people can level to 50 in 1-2 weeks there will be much more time spent at 50 than leveling to 50.
    Kryvak likes this.
  14. Josgar Active Member

Add a bell/portal that takes characters to Frostfang Sea. Put it in or just outside of Blackburrow because nostolgia.
  15. Pikaboo Member

Is there an option to appeal exile, in later expansions same with appearance like when KOS or EOF drops?
    Siren likes this.
  16. Foretold Well-Known Member

2 questions:

Are we keeping the broker anywhere feature on this server?

And as I haven't gotten there yet... does the FFS/DLW questline still give a mount at the end?
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  17. Caith Developer

Since Betrayal and Exile is already available on the PvE TLE servers, perhaps you meant to ask that question over in this thread?
  18. Magar New Member

So I played for about an hour and a half tonight since that was the most time I could spare. Only a little feedback:

1. Leveling is slow, but it feels right at the same time. I activated an exp potion immediately, and vitality when I reached 5 (cause I forgot about it at 4). Managed to get just over 7. Died once. Did the Big Business quest in Neriak, and most of the under-9 quests in DLW. It'll take a touch longer to get to the same place without potions, but that's fine! My goal is to hit 10 on brigand and then make a tank or healer (undecided yet) on the good side to compare. Get both to 10 by the weekend so I can start LFG in BB and WC. Once I have a group and some heroic content experience I can give proper feedback about solo vs. group rates.

2. Inability to equip quest drops when earned is... annoying, but understandable. If I weren't crunched on time (so I'll do it with my next toon) I'd harvest and craft up some gear as soon as I can get to the city, and see how things feel after. I'm willing to bet with all slots filled, kills will go quicker and the lack of initial vitality/potions will be less noticeable.

3. The obsessive crafter in me wishes the gathering rates would stay where they are... but that's because I don't like spending a ton of time gathering! I can understand wanting to lower the rates and make gathering something that eats some time or makes some money. I'm looking forward to seeing how this changes.

4. Lastly - thank you for dragging me back to EQ2 by announcing the TLE servers. My wife compares the game to an ex-girlfriend I was still friends with on Facebook. I'm not sure how apt that is (I don't even have a Facebook) but it'll be interesting to start near-fresh with all the changes in my life since EQ2 first launched. Less time to play, better ability to push for goals.

More feedback this weekend when I can sink some real time in!

Edit: Hmmm, my night suddenly got free, let's try out the light side!
    Perijn, sudopudge and Rhodris like this.
  19. Spakka New Member

Caith, levelling seems a much better rate now, it was much too fast before.

This does bring some minor problems at low level - in DLW my dirge is still lvl 4 and the standard questline has now given me a lvl10 quest and I get creamed by the quest mobs, but that is OK I will just grind some other stuff or head over to Fp to do some of the quests there. This is an unavoidable consequence of no longer having all the level-appropriate sub-district quests in Quynos/Fp. (Not your fault SOE removed hundreds of level-appropriate quests when they re-did the cities). It should be less of an issue once I get past lvl10 and the original D'lere/Karan zones open up again as there are more than enough quests there.
  20. mh272 New Member

That made me LOL!