PvE Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Dixa Active Member

if there were no longer any "options" being considered as the OP suggests, what were you expecting?
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

So with the wipe I rerolled and I felt in Halas the XP and quests flowed together nicely. The only thing is I was level 7 and still nekkid as the minute I was born. I had gloves and boots but I still hadn't leveled into the robe I had in my bags. That felt wrong..to have a robe, be shivering to death and not being able to use it ;) A kind crafter hand delivered a robe to me thank goodness ;) And fyi my REAL feets had sympathetic frostbite for my poor character.
    Luet24 likes this.
  3. Louly Well-Known Member

LOL yes I was pretty shocked to end up with only my undies. someone in chat said that's how it used to be. I guess when I washed up on the Isle the first time I was luckier I had clothes on :p

I asked in chat and found out I could buy clothes for like 4c or something like that from the skill person. so felt better dressed hahaha. I see the SK mount is back to 29% :) and affordable after a bit.

Going to be hard but I think it will be fun
    Luet24 likes this.
  4. Magar New Member

Last night before I went to bed, I rolled up a fury on the good side. Exp felt smoother, but that could be the difference between a scout and a priest. After hitting level 2, I ran around harvesting and crafted up a mess of tier 1 gear. I forgot to do jman spells, but just having full armor slots made a distinct difference.

Since I got to the point I wanted to on this character, I think the rest of my pre-weekend activities will be to make identical characters on both factions, do the crafting thing, and compare the experience.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I just hope this doesn't lead to a slew of new bugs on live, like adding PvP seemed to do.

Excited for it to be done though so we can get moved on to server merges. GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!
  6. Darksavanna Active Member

I think they went the rought they did to prevent the bugs from happening. Thats why there isnt a lot of changes to classes, races, etc. What feels like taking the easy road more then likely was the correct road.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

Eh I have no urge to relevel to 50 esp since it goes live in a week.

The fact no one tested the raid zones is bad though, I feel it will just be a mow over, as most of the group zones are. Also the loot is worse than most non raid loot. Oh well time will tell I guess
  8. Hyiero Active Member

Any word on if mitigation is still in the process of getting retweaked due to the fact plate wearers are still getting hit harder than other classes from this change.
  9. Darksavanna Active Member

i personaly never expected the content to last for months or even be on say 1 year for release on xpacs. I am more so looking forward to a "reset" on the economy and putting everyone back near equil footing in terms of classes and so on. If you took any time off from the game at any point it realy puts you behind. I would like to see the devs occasionaly open new servers just for reset purposes, and roll low pop servers into them selfs after a while.
    Luet24 likes this.
  10. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to be negative, but I feel like this was a rushed and lazy project. I assume it's because DBG needs money, but the timing and the overall scope of the project seems shorthanded. They start out announcing the goal of "Maximum Nostalgia", yet many of the biggest nostalgia factors are being left out. Much of the changes are excused as "why remove them when we'll have to add them in?" or "that'll take too much time effort".

What happens to all the messed up gear in the 1-50 levels? How many times do you get a level 30 item that's worse than the level 20 item you are already wearing? Just wait until they get to the sentinel's fate expansion. That gear is so whacked. But of course, gear and stats take too much time.

What should have been done is planning and work on this should have started at the beginning of the year. Beta should have started after the in-game holiday rush is over. Launch should have occurred at the end of May.

Launching next week interferes with Tinkerfest. Next month we have prelude events for the next campaign. If they weren't going to do it right, why do it at all? I assume for a temporary influx of income.
    Laliya, Ealthina and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. Foretold Well-Known Member

From the start they said this wouldn't be a nostalgia server... not Project 2004, Holly Windstalker said. I would have preferred a more nostalgic feel myself, but it was never advertised as such.
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

And when DoF is unlocked increasing the level cap? KoS increasing the level cap? RoK increasing the level cap?

I know what you are attempting to do by removing them for the "first few weeks"... but I want you to acknowledge that once these items are in the game, it's tainted. You'll never be able to remove them or gut them from players inventories who have purchased them in advance. If you think this is achievable, then by all means.

I'll accept they'll be there cause you renamed these servers from "Progression" to "Expansion". Just want awareness of these decisions.
  13. Lord_Delita Member

I would hope so. If they launched with plate tanks being all but useless that would be pretty silly.
    Slant likes this.
  14. Atze New Member

In my opinion mobs in dungeons or general all heroic mobs have to less hitpoints. They die very quickly when you run with a full group. I think heroic mob hitpoints should be increased in general.
    Jaden likes this.
  15. Hyiero Active Member

I have to agree with this. And they should adjust the mobs hit to be greater instead of reducing the mitigation on the player side.
    Jaden likes this.
  16. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

From This Thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...nsion-server-faq-june-16.560924/#post-6214362

And I Quote "The plan is to shoot for maximum nostalgia that is still within our power to make happen." Of course, the scapegoat is the last part of that quote, but nonetheless they used the words maximum nostalgia.

Again, it goes back to how quickly this was put together vs. timing and putting in effort to achieve maximum nostalgia.
    Ealthina and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Lord_Delita Member

Considering how many devs they have left running this thing, I don't think we will ever TRULY get anything NEAR what we actually want from a nostalgic standpoint. We can either play this or not, and maybe SOMEDAY we will get a true Project2004 complete nostalgia experience. Sadly for now, we have to settle for this or nothing at all. This is what the MMO community in general has come to accept in this genre over the last few years. "Meh, at best."
  18. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

This is what most people are hoping will happen, I believe.
  19. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yep, and this is the maximum nostalgia we are going to get, considering it's not intended to beProject 2004. Sure they could put more time into this, but I'm guessing this project wasn't even on the whiteboard (cripes that sounded corporate) until they saw the success of Ragefire. They were already too low on staff to begin with, and they have an expansion/campaign to get ready for. They did what they could with time and resources that were never planned for... because it's too good of a cash grab to pass up. Especially for the PvP server.
    Jaden likes this.
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

At the moment the only reason to have a tank is for raids, scouts tank fine in group zones. And nerfing mitigation isn't the key to the answer.
    The fact of the matter is they keep trying to do things the fast way instead of the right way. You can see that with the mitigation nerf and the xp nerf.
    LPRPG, Ealthina and Mizgamer62 like this.