PvE Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Wabit Active Member

I'm curious how agro control is going to be for t5 raids. Most of my early encounter agro (as a guard) came from casting my buffs (all of them were temporary, none maintained). Taunts weren't the primary way to gain agro, they helped maintain it. Yes the recast on rescue is lower (it was an o'@#$t ability with a forever recast).

t5 fabled raid gear is level 42ish. Anything 53+ higher should grey out he gear. If that's the case then 47+ gear with slightly lesser stats should be better.

This isn't (probably) going to get tested before launch. Yes I could grind to 50, but don't really care to get there get wiped and have to do it all over again next week.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

There are 50s again already, and the server is running an xp bonus for the duration of the beta.
  3. Xorlin New Member

The only things I see that I'd like fixed are the mit problem #1, and the pet classes (although the swarm pet nerf was great).

Other than that, great job devs! Not having xp potions in the first few weeks I'm also a HUGE fan of. That decision alone makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm excited about the launch next week!
    Dauvien likes this.
  4. Hyiero Active Member

+1 to this. Can we get any type of feedback from the devs if mitigation changes are still being tweaked...and by this I mean completely redone because you can't do a stock % nerf to all worn mitigation without making plate tanks suck a big hard one. Also any word on if pets are still getting looked at for power. Still able to solo ^^^ oranges.
    Dauvien and Xorlin like this.
  5. Ancientwalker New Member

I doubt they could have done that with what I've read of their resources. They said from the beginning this isn't project 2004. It's not that large of a project. It's supposed to bring back some fun and nostalgia for those that want an updated original, which is kinda what this is.

It'll go live as it is and people will play. Some will enjoy and some won't. No matter what it will be a source of income for DBG, which if you are an EQ/EQ2 fan is good.

Priority now should be to give as much constructive feedback as possible to get things in a shape that's enjoyable, without assuming changes or fixes are easy or hard. Beta tester job is to just give feedback, not tell them how to program.

On topic:

Will TLP server also get the newest of the future updates regarding mechanics and other things? Example of summoner pet appearance swapping?

How does it look for the premium classes? Since they're not in Beta now we can't test them and also no word on their status.
    Dauvien likes this.
  6. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Sadly, it looks like they won't be in but I'm praying for a change of heart ;)
  7. Dauvien Member

They'll be in, mid DoV and when ToV hits ;)

I wonder how the Dev team is going to determine when to release Bloodline Chronicles & Splitpaw Saga (Fallen Dynasty was obviously post KoS). Pretty sure Bloodline was relevant around 30ish?

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Expansions_and_Adventure_Packs
  8. Ancientwalker New Member

Just found official source they aren't in at start. Wish it was in the faq. Took some googling to find
  9. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah I know ;)
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

Didn't say there weren't gonna be 50s, I would be 50 now if I cared to relevel after the wipe.

Doesn't mean t5 raids are gonna get teated
  11. Tituli New Member

wont have that much time to level ..

imho, xp could stay as it is right now, with boni - when levellock is enabled ppl can still lock and stay in that questarea to finish or lock their level to lowlevel-pvp

i always prefered lategame. and for those who dont: levellock

shouldnt everyone be happy with that ?
    Siren likes this.
  12. Tituli New Member

wops. was supposed to be in pvp-time-locked-expansion-server-feedback
  13. Liral Active Member

Ok. I am confused. In the other feedback thread we had a dev say you were going to let us start in qeynos/freeport but no new quests would be added and we'd have to fend for ourselves. I was estatic about this. Is this not happening now?
  14. Gourdon Well-Known Member

It makes sense that they want us to test more of the higher level content, but giving an xp bonus makes no sense. Put in beta buff NPCs that will let us level up instantaneously and give us gear instead.
  15. Darksavanna Active Member

One dev said they were "looking into it" apparently caith is top of the totem poll and said areas are set
  16. Fuzzy New Member

@Caith Are you guys planning on doing anything more with mit before the servers go live? I think the mit nerf was a little heavy handed and should perhaps be looked at again.

Other than that I think the servers are shaping up very well, I'm super excited for launch next week.
  17. Syneofeternity Member

Question has been posed several times with 0 response. Might want to load up that brawler tank for launch
    Xanadin likes this.
  18. Adjuvant1 Member

Are druids supposed to have their teleports? I don't remember this at release.

Many items, specifically jewelery from Stormhold and Fallen Gate are still in game, still disproportionately powerful. I know you can't get to every item, but they were prevalent drops as I've grouped in those locations the last couple days.Is there a way you can specifically look over those dungeons' drops?

Gorehorn Blade of Butchery I remember as a 2-hander.

Chain mitigation is much better now, I can tell you've looked into it. I can still tank as a rogue but even-con and higher require 2 healers or healer and other cc.

Been in Stormhold alot and have not seen Sword of Thunder. Is it on hiatus? Maybe just as well, because Shady Swashbuckler on Nek docks says Berik has unreal stats. Unfortunately it means no electrified Bone Bladed Claymore.

Going to coax people to Speak as a Dragon next couple days. I don't know if we'll get to Fire and Ice because farming appropriate chain and plate clothes will take forever and no one seems to want to level armorer, so 50s are mostly dressed like plebs.. except for Jewelery.

I think this project is going well and I'll enjoy playing on live servers.
    Luet24 likes this.
  19. Gninja Developer

I have verified that Berik, Sword of Thunder quest starter does indeed drop in Stormhold on TLE servers.
  20. madent Member

is there any plan on fixing the mitigation issues ?