PvE Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Hyiero Active Member

Yea the thing is the mitigation wouldn't even be that hard to implement a better solution. Doing a mitigation nerf based on the class wearing the armor for example would provide a much better solution than having a straight nerf across the board. Obviously to do it the right way it would require to mess with other values outside of mitigation but if they are only willing to touch mitigation then they need to do the reduction based on the class played. Plate tanks would take the lowest mitigation hit,followed by the avoidance tanks, then followed by chain and then cloth. This would at least be a start to put things where they should be.
    Jaden likes this.
  2. Lord_Delita Member

Thankfully they have a few days left before it launches. I don't see them leaving mitigation AS IS for the launch because it effectively negates the purpose of 4 classes in the game.
  3. Ancientwalker New Member

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. There are people trying to do things the "right way". Those are mostly indie game developers, like those of Project Gorgon or Pantheon. Gorgon only has 2 devs, only recently got picked up on steam and failed on kickstarter. Pantheon failed twice on kick-starter. They have freedom and very little corporate responsibility.

DBG is trying to give the community something and all some people can do is put them down. "cash grab" and so forth, is not constructive. How'd you like it if you did something that you thought was a cool idea for someone, and all they did was throw "sell-out" in your face?
    Luet24, Rhodris and Vainamoinen like this.
  4. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I can automagically get freshly grated Parmesan?! Yay!

Also, for those stomping their feet in dissatisfaction we all knew that this was not going to be classic EQ2 circa 2005. Don't like the DLW or FFS starter zones? Don't pick them? Don;t like the fact that some things (like arena of the gods) are in the game but not accessible? Ignore them. Don't like the fact that there is no map fog? Are you really going to forget where things are?
    Luet24 and Rhodris like this.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

I would know my limits where dbg doesn't, like I said before they could have easily said "we will be opening up in early 2016", built hype and done a 100 better job, heck they could have even made it an expansion probably. But they set their own timeframe and rushed themselves

That being said I'm not too upset about this, but they are very clearly ignoring things or worse, putting in awful fixes, for some very important issues
    Ealthina likes this.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

I mean...lol
    what is this
    [IMG]
    Miltin, Laliya, Xanadin and 2 others like this.
  7. Atze New Member

Every Item that i repoted got a small change after a short while. Just continue to report all the Items which need a buff. I am sure when the first Guilds reach the T5 Raidcontent, there are still a lot more Items which have to be adjusted.
    Luet24 and oakmiser like this.
  8. SeaJae Member

I really hope the Valian Bow got buffed up. :confused:
  9. Lord_Delita Member

Was going to mess around some more tonight but it seems the XP was lowered again? 1 to 2 felt painfully slow on a new char lol.
  10. Drew575 Active Member

@Caith please make exile a faction on the pvp server...or atleast put it to a vote, thanks
    Thinwizzy likes this.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You have posted this in the wrong thread - this is the PvE thread.

Although you have posted the same thing in several other threads in the last couple of minutes.....
  12. Drew575 Active Member

yeah my bad i thought i the clicked pvp thread ;)
    Thinwizzy likes this.
  13. Jazhara Member

Since the recent changes. Does anyone know how fast the current exp gain is in dungeons? Last I heard the xp gain was very fast. As in 15 or so lvls in 2 hrs. I do hope this wont be the case of the live server. Can anyone assist?

-Jaz
  14. Peak Nagafun

4% a kill with potions and vitality.
  15. Jazhara Member

Thank you for that info. Do you recall which dungeons? Is it all of them?

-Jaz
  16. Peak Nagafun

Seems to be a server bonus running on TLE PVP. 100% in DLW, WC, probably others. 20% in CL/Nek, probably others.

This seems new in the last 30 minutes or so.
  17. Padrepyro Member

Lower level raid items didn't get reitemized when they did that like half a decade ago. Hopefully they will look at that before launch. Tradeskilling experience is whacked at low levels, my combines were giving me more xp than the quests.
  18. Jazhara Member

Regarding the raid items, they asked if you could be specific. Perhaps give the specific item or at least the certain raid mob you are speaking of. Hope that helps!

-Jaz
  19. Kendayar Active Member

When RoK dropped they ran scripts to boost non-fabled gear because eq2 was 5hard7u (allegedly).
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

As specific as you can be is "t5 raids" cause really it's all of them, anyone with half a brain can see it. As well as all the contested mobs, most of which we weren't able to test since its x4 and they have no baubles and most people can't level to 50 in a week (unlike me).