Power of Dragons

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Amana, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Moorgard Guest

Though not seen in any location currently accessible in our Norrath, the impact of Toxxulia's presence has been felt by those who have encountered her wayward child.
  2. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Toxxulia's wayward child? Hmm something is afoot here perhaps those dragons in PoA are more than they appear to be. I sense something is beginning to unfold here. The question is what is it that is unfolding and what will it lead to, maybe we are destined to discover the dragons breeding ground once more like the solusek miners did. However i'm starting to think the ghostly eminations we see in Solusek's Eye are those poor miners that paid the price for discovering that area.
  3. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Could Venekor have something to do with that? I also hear rumors that Venekor is going to be resurrected in the Halls of Seeing soon, and will return as a raid mob but scaled for T7 raids.
  4. ARCHIVED-snowbrdr093 Guest

If I were to guess, I would say Venekor is her "wayward child" because he is considered young for a dragon, and also poisonous. Or if I misinterpreted Moorgards post then maybe her wayward child really isn't in the game. It just seems too logical that Venekor would be her child, seeing as he is also one of the Awakened, and that is the theme of the expansion and would be something worth ocmmenting on.
  5. ARCHIVED-Creppie Guest

Ok, I reread that after another few hits of coffee. Venekor does seem like a resonable guess. :smileyhappy:
    Message Edited by Creppie on 04-28-2006 07:03 AM
    Message Edited by Creppie on 04-28-2006 07:06 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Kendricke Guest

Well, who were the poison dragons we're aware of?

• Toxxulia herself.
    • Trakanon of Sebillis (bane of the Iksar)
    • Severilous of the Emerald Jungle
    • Wuoshi of the Wakening Lands
    • Venekor
    Venekor is currently able to be found within "this" Norrath. The others can not. I know I'm missing more than a few on the list, so feel free to add on.
  7. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Hmm guess I was wrong, I thought one of those PoA dragons that spawns maybe consider one of Toxxulia's Wayward children. But now that you mention it Venekor could be Toxxulia's Wayward child and as someone said maybe ressurected as a T7 mob.
    The only other curiosity I have left is for our departed friend Darathar who was that nasty level 55 epicx4 dragon on the Island of Refuge. Jindrack stated in another post the power darathar had and how the wyrmsteel turned that power in upon Darathar himself. The power i'm talking about is "The power of the harness" which the wyrmsteel weapons are keyed toward. I would deffinately find it unique for them to resurrect big ol Darathar having him serve some purpose.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kendricke Guest

Do Norrathian dragons have to take on the characteristics of the parent(s)? Would Toxxulia's child have to be a poison dragon?
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah. Otherwise you end up with another Kerafyrm if the dragon doesn't have the same element.
  10. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Darathars element is fire not poison
  11. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Ya I was refering to venekor then changed to asking about darathar and if he would be resurrected. There's no doubt in my mind he is fire related since he does that nasty "Flame of Ages" DoT alot of us are familiar with :smileywink: .
  12. ARCHIVED-Dreadfiend Guest

Kerafyrm was created because his parents were of opposing elements, not just different ones. As long as the elements aren't opposite (fire and ice for instance) then I don't see a problem. Perhaps the sibling dragon takes on the charactistics of only one of its parents.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well to be flat out honest there's never been anything stated that a dragon's offspring is ALWAYS the element of it's two parents.

Does Fire + Fire = the possibility for Ice? They've never talked about that. It's only assumed that Fire + Fire = Fire = Fire = Fire = Fire = Fire.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sinect Guest

I don't think I've seen it stated anywhere before also, but it would not make sense for the child to be of the same element -

If you look at it as 2 Fire dragons having a child I would assume the child would be a Fire dragon, if not and the genes would be passed down from veeshan and most of the dragons would not be a pure element, but rather mixed like us U.S. folks :smileyvery-happy:
    just my thoughts
  15. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Well one thing we also have to assume here *now everyone bareing with me on this theory* we are talking about a creator for a race of creature. Veeshan the mother of worlds deposited her young on the world and it is Theoreticaly plausible she made different children of each element. However the "Murphy's Law aka X Factor" maybe the mating of 2 opposing creatures. Now Veeshan may have foreseen this and had planned on prismatics coming into existance but i'm not so sure.
    Right now the developers/loreists are going into the gene factor with a quest that is in the barren sky. You talk to an Aviak who for the sake of his people has allied himself with the hooluks. It is here that a gnome inventor makes this device that sabatoges *sp* the eggs of the drakes. The interesting part is that it mentions the eggs being tampered with on a genetic level where by several generations after the first injected ones will suffer from illness. They will then not be able to fight nor breed I believe.
    I almost wonder if Kerafyrm was actually created by Veeshan to serve as her/his/its right hand person since it is a prismatic dragon. Course I wondered about this before and I think someone said Kerafyrm came about through natural means of 2 opposing elemental type dragons.
  16. ARCHIVED-troodon Guest

Well, if the Storm dragon thing is true (which I have no idea) you are presented with two possibilities. Either dragons must mate with the same element but the resulting children are not necessarily of that element or dragons can mate with different (but not opposing) elements and the children can have other elements hiding under the surface as recessive alleles.
    Message Edited by troodon on 04-28-2006 06:53 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Yes the "Storm dragon thing" is true, its very simple and basic lore form the crusaders of veeshan if you did there quest, and like two mobs in Kerafyrms lair.
    I think that a dragon offsprings element is determined by the element of the two parents. The storm dragon is a very different case because its born to any element randomly because two storm dragons can't mate since there can only be 1 storm dragon and if it knows of the existence of another it would fight it.
    I think that when the crusader speaks about dragons of opposing elements not being allowed to mate she meant that dragons can only mate with dragons of there own element. Meaning that all elements oppose each other unless they are the same. I can't imagine a fire dragon mating with a poison dragon and not having a prismatic offspring.
  18. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Kerafyrm is definately not created by Veeshan, he was the child of two dragons of opposing elements. Its going agaisnt all facts gathered so far by saying Kerafyrm was created by Veeshan.

[Fri Sep 27 04:57:36 2002] You say, 'Hail, Ferrin Q`Nyil'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:57:37 2002] Ferrin Q`Nyil says 'Fare thee well, stouthearted adventurer. I would welcome you to this place, yet I feel that a welcome is not quite deserving of the [fate] in store for you. I know there was no welcome for me when I first ventured to this place, and look at me now. I am nothing but a frail, ghostly figure of what I once was.'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:57:45 2002] You say, 'what fate'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:57:45 2002] Ferrin Q`Nyil says, 'I may look as though I am healthy and vibrant, though your eyes deceive you.' Ferrin chuckles. 'It has been so long since I was imprisoned here, I cannot tell you when it was. To me it seems like only yesterday, but I know deep down that time does not pass for me any more. I, like you, thought that the intrigue and mystery of this great lair was second only to the treasures that lay within. When I arrived however, I found not a lair, but a massive tomb whose occupants were meant to keep a very large, and very powerful [beast] within.'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:57:52 2002] You say, 'what beast'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:57:52 2002] Ferrin Q`Nyil says 'Time has told us that a great many things are unexplainable, and even less understood. Though I don't know the entire story, it comes to bear that long ago, there was a great council of [elders]. These elders decreed what could and could not be done, for the benefit of their kind. Certain things were done to prevent bad things. . . or bad creatures from being created. Other things were done to prohibit the slaying of those of the same bloodline.'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:57:59 2002] You say, 'what elders'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:00 2002] Ferrin Q`Nyil says 'The council of elder dragons. Truly, theirs is a majestic, powerful and battle worn species. The elders had decreed that no two dragons of opposing elements would be allowed to mate. No explanation had been given, though I believe I know the reason why it was given. Despite the decree, a pair of elemental dragons slipped away to remote areas of Norrath and mated, and the creation of a great prismatic dragon took place. And that is the beast, strewn of opalescent scales, headstrong and a leader in his own right. It was he that this tomb was entrusted to keep held, forever. Alas, that was not meant to be, as more and more, cunning [travelers] like you would make their way further and further into the lair.'

[Fri Sep 27 04:58:10 2002] You say, 'Hail, Bittles the Lost'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:10 2002] Bittles the Lost says 'Eh, hrm? Who're you? Found yer way in here, 'ave ya? Not the brightest idea in the world, ya know. I hope you weren't planning on going any further, because that would really be on the level of those twerps that freed that [shiny beast] in the first place.'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:18 2002] You say, 'what shiny beast'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:18 2002] Bittles the Lost says 'Ya know that story about how those two dragons got together and made that premzatica dragon?'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:18 2002] Ferrin Q`Nyil says 'Prismatic, you goof.'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:18 2002] Bittles the Lost says 'Yar, whate'er. Anyway, that bugger got made an' he went wild all over Velious, making demands and actin' all proud and powerful and things like that. Well, he decided he wanted ta have a nice big home in the middle of the mountain. And you know what? That's what he did! Yer standin' in the middle of his lair. Well after he [went crazy], some of those other dragon-folk decided it would be good ta put him in here and put him ta sleep for all eternity. [Four] of 'em kept him sleepin' and made sure that no one, such as yerself, could get in here ta wake him up.'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:24 2002] You say, 'what four'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:25 2002] Bittles the Lost says 'Them thar four warders. They were the most powerful elemental dragons of their time, and kept that sleeping fella asleep for quite some long time. Names of Nanzata, Tukaarak, Hraashna, and Ventani, if'n my mind serves me correct-like. When they started here, they had some other big-time dragon create the big ice creatures all over the place -- the golems, don't ya know? In any case, they upped and got kilt by some folks like you a while back, causing all kinds of panic and havoc. The ice guys were dismantled by the [new inhabitants] of this here lair and reassembled to serve them. Not that it really matters to me, I got lost here anyway and look what happened ta me!'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:29 2002] You say, 'what new inhabitants'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:29 2002] Bittles the Lost says 'Why the ancients of course! They just kinda cropped up when that big shiny fella was awakened by those other people. Some thought that those four warders were trouble, but believe me, they're like drakelings in comparison. Kal or Jobana over here might know more about them than I do, I'm just a lost little gnome with no where to go.'

[Fri Sep 27 04:58:21 2002] Meesta says, 'Hail, Kal t`Ven'
    [Fri Sep 27 04:58:21 2002] Kal t`Ven says 'Greetings, young sleuth. These are trying times, as I am sure you are aware, but it is good that there are still adventurous sorts like you about. Were there not, I am confident that our deaths would have been in vain, and not in the spirit of exploration and danger-seeking. However, there is one thing to be said for adventuring, and still another to be said for flights of fancy. Which is it for you?'

[Fri Sep 27 05:12:57 2002] Benaa says, 'Hail, Jobana Du`Ata'
    [Fri Sep 27 05:12:57 2002] Jobana Du`Ata looks at you with a most dismal look in her eyes. 'Your kind have returned once again. I knew this day would come, yet hoped that perhaps there would be no further clashing in this tomb. I was mistaken, for here you are. The great sleeping beast has already been released unto the world to wreak havoc, cause destruction and attempt to take back what he has lost, so what further purpose could you have for coming here? Perhaps you are soul hunting, searching for those of us lost in here years ago, long since forgotten by any mortal family we may have had. Or perhaps you are searching for the [ancient dragons] that inhabit this lair.'[Fri Sep 27 05:13:59 2002] Benaa says, 'what ancient dragons?'
    [Fri Sep 27 05:13:59 2002] Jobana Du`Ata says 'The ancients were long ago part of the following that the mighty prismatic lord had before he was imprisoned here, in his own dwelling. Kildrukaun, oldest and wisest of them had at first spoken out against the creation of a prismatic dragon, claiming that Veeshan herself would have to approve of such a creation and that it would never take place. When it did take place however, and the dragon that never would exist was created, he traded his beliefs for those of new ones, claiming that this new prismatic dragon was part of a prophecy from Veeshan. He aptly called this prismatic dragon [Kerafyrm], or Prophetic Savior and began this new wonder's tutelage into greatness.'
    [Fri Sep 27 05:14:24 2002] Benaa says, 'who is Kerafyrm?'
    [Fri Sep 27 05:14:24 2002] Jobana Du`Ata says 'The majestic beast grew quickly, learning much and gaining great power in short time. He expanded his knowledge and his [influence], pushing the dragons into a kind of new era, where dragons would be the ultimate power on the planet once again. Many were left in a wake of fright behind Kerafyrm, believing that he may be too powerful for his own good, yet fearing that if they spoke out against him in this time, they would be condemned in some horrible way.'
    [Fri Sep 27 05:14:35 2002] Benaa says, 'what influence?'
    [Fri Sep 27 05:14:35 2002] Jobana Du`Ata says 'Imagine a being with such power that he was unstoppable in battle. Imagine that this same creature held a loathing for all creatures not of dragon kin. Imagine also that this creature was not born into this deep rooted, dark hatred of the species, and that as he grew older, wiser and more powerful, he came to be aware of his powers and of the trying issues that kept his people back. This was the beast that was Kerafyrm, and as he grew in power, so too did his word. After some time, that which Kerafyrm spoke became law to the lands, and he usurped even the power and influence of the high council. What was once a time of might and strength through his word turned into a constant [chafe] against the necks of dragonkind.'
  19. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Very nice mod i'll have to examine that post you made more thoroughly later on. As for Noxious/Fire elements that is plausible it could produce a prismatic but it would be a weird prismatic dragon. However there is one thing twitching at me and that is does the noxious meaning imply poison/disease. Could there be a strict poison dragon and a strict disease dragon with the two of them mating producing a prismatic Poison/Disease dragon.

Right now we have 3 possible combinations that must be avoided *4th maybe*. The first is Fire and Ice with the second being Fire and Noxious with the last being Ice and Noxious.
  20. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

I believe that disease is based on the class of the dragon, like if a dragon is an SK he/she would be doing disease based attacks. But i think poison would be a dragons element.
    I'm not even sure that a dragons breath weapon has anything to do with the dragons element, because the four warders in the sleepers tomb who kept him sleeping were the 4 most powerful dragons of the 4 primal elements, fire, earth, air and water, and two of the warders had a cold based AE, Nanzata the Warder had a breath weapon called frost breath and Ventani the Warder had a breath weapon called Freezing breath, which both obviously did cold based damage, but both of there elements were different because the elder council had chosen 4 dragon of different elements, but here we have two dragons of different elements using a breath weapon of the ice element. I would say that we can't determine a dragons element by his/her AE or breath weapon.