Power of Dragons

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Amana, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

There is alot of talk going on since the arrival of KoS. We now have witnessed the power of 8 dragons, 5 from the Overrealm with the last 3 being Nagafen the fire dragon of Solusek's Eye, the ghostly Ice Dragon Lady Vox and the departed *or alive* Darathar.

However I am puzzled by some creatures that I have found/encountered in my ventures into the Overrealm. This puzzling little detail is the power of the dragons themselves and how they gain this power. One creature that I encountered that i'm very curious about is "A Blackscale Dracomancer." Does the "Dracomancer" title mean they can summon undead draconic foes that have long since passed? Also if Nagafen is the dragon of fire and Vox was/is the dragon of ice does that mean the other dragons have powers similar to, equal to, or even more powerful than those two?

***Update***

I have to tip my hat to all who gave their input with what knowledge they had about Dragons. Bellow you will find a compilation of the data that was given with some minor Details. I will also continue to research some more lore about the mystical Dragon Kind that lives within the realm of Everquest and its timespan. We must also not forget that the "Power of Dragons" doesn't just mean dragon themselves but can include Dragon Kind as well such as Drakota, Droags, Drakes and to a lesser extent the lowely Wurm/Wyrm.

Dragons Themselves:

Venekor: Poison
    Darathar: Fire
    Nagafen: Fire
    Vox: Ice
    Talendor: Fire
    Gorenair: Ice
    Harla Dar: ?

Zlandicar (DN only necromancer class dragon in EQ1 -outcast-) - Disease based attack
    Sontalak (Western Wastes guards ToV ent -CoV-) - Lava breath based attack
    Esorpa of The Ring (Western Wastes -RoS-) - silence aoe attack
    Klandicar (Western Wastes -CoV-) - frost based attack
    Lord Yelinak (Leader of CoV faction in Skyshrine) - frost based attack
    Wuoshi (Waking Lands -CoV-) - Poison based
    Severilous (Emerald Jungle -RoS-) - Poison based attack
    Aarin`Dar (Plane of Valor) - Looks identical to Kerafyrm, but is considered a glass dragon. Magic based attack
    Rydda`Dar (Halls of Honor)
    Druushk (Veeshan's Peak -RoS-) - Lightning based attack
    Hoshkar - (Veeshan's Peak -RoS-) - Disease based attack
    Xygoz (Veeshan's Peak -RoS-)
    Suled`Dar's Shade (Skyfire Mnts -RoS-) - Electricity based attack
    Vulak`Aerr (Leader of Temple of Veeshan -CoV-)

Kerafyrm: Prismatic Class (elements?)
    Siyamak: Ice (Silver Color) *Maybe Diseased Based*
    Barakah: Fire (Gold Color)
    Young Dragon: Magic

Halls of fate
    -------------
    Sothis

KoS Spire event
    ---------------
    Lashka
    Ordanach
    Exenka
    Phuertix
    Netshiava

Lab of lord Vyemm
    -----------------
    Vyemm

Sanctum of the Scaleborn
    -----------------
    Cyanderos

Palace of the awakened
    ----------------------
    Drakknair

Ravasect isle - Bonemire
    ------------------------
    Do'Ellin

Lavastorm
    ---------
    Xyfl

Temple of Scale
    ---------------
    Harla Dar
    Vraksakin
    Pantrilla

Ascent of the Awakened
    ----------------------
    Talendor
    Gorenair
    Ireth

Deathtoll
    -------
    Tarinax

EQOA/Frontiers Dragons

*Interesting Note from Moorguard:
    Though not seen in any location currently accessible in our Norrath, the impact of Toxxulia's presence has been felt by those who have encountered her wayward child.

Vox
    Nagafen
    Skahyir - Located in Box Canyons (the desert dragon you mentioned), lightning-based.
    Siliskor - Spawned in Elephant Graveyard via a glitchy quest, disease-based I think.
    Toxxulia - Located in one of the Toxxulia zones, believe it or not. [IMG]Never fought her, but by the name I assume she's poisonous.
    Noroxus - On Plane of Disease. Never fought him either, but given the loc I'd guess he's disease/poison.
    Quintessence of Veeshan - On Plane of Sky.

Dragon Types:

Earth
    Wind
    Fire
    water *ice*
    Disease
    Poison
    Sky
    Storm
    Prismatic-The forbidden mating of 2 opposing elemental types aka Fire+Ice=Prismatic Nagafen/Vox's Forbidden mating. Kerafyrm is the only known prismatic at the time with his parents being 2 opposing elements.

There is also a bit of lore behind the Storm or sky dragon *I believe Stormm dragon*. It is said that if 2 Storm Dragons are born into the world and they learn of each other 1 must kill the other. The reason being not more than 1 storm dragon can exist within the world of Norrath.

Again thankyou to everyone that put forth their knowledge about these creatures. This upfront knowledge is a small compilation of the general knowledge that we have. There is alot of interesting discussions going on about Kerafyrm, the Dragon Skeleton in Lavastorm as well as other dragon kind that has existed/does exist in the EverQuest timeline.

Message Edited by Amana on 05-15-2006 07:51 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Dreadfiend Guest

The suffix -mancer means magician. The prefix necro- means "the dead" so necromancer is magician of the dead. Another example of the mancer suffix is in geomancer - earth (or elemental) magician.

With that in mind, dracomancer means dragon (draco) magacian.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I'm pretty sure that the suffix of Mancer ment Diviner and Controller, which is more than just being a magician.
    Anyway. Don't read to much into certain mob's names and stuff. It doesn't necissarily mean anything other than just sounding fancy.
  4. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

That maybe true however i'm still wondering about Nagafen and Vox vs the Kingdom of Sky Dragons. Do they also have elemental type powers or is it only Nagafen and Vox that have this power? I know about the lore behind them however so i'm not completely in the dark. I do know that Nagafen and Lady Vox were sealed away because the Ring of Scale feared the power of the prismatic dragon that might emerge if 2 elemental dragons mated *opposing elemental dragons I presume*.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah all the dragons all generally have a certain element, and USUALLY thier own physical appearance reflects this.

Venekor is Poison

Darathar is Fire

Nagafen is Fire

Vox is Ice

Talendor is Fire

Gorenair is Ice

Harla Dar is... I can't remember which one she is but she seems to be weak against mental damage.

Kerafyrm doesn't have one. He's just purely physical.
  6. ARCHIVED-RatWithGun Guest

Kerafyrm is a Prismatic dragon, a child of opposing elemental dragons such matings are strictly forbidden because the offspring would have the powers of both its parents. That is why Kerafyrm was imprisoned in a deep unwaking sleep (aka the sleeper) because he was deemed uncontrollable.
  7. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Nagafen and Vox are dragons whose elements are fire and ice and there are many other dragons with these elements also.
    There are many different elements such as fire, ice, earth, water, air and poison.
  8. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Now the question is do these dragons grow into their powers or is it something that Veeshan bestowed upon her children when she first seeded the world with them?
    I'm also wondering if there are elemental type dragons that exist beyond these abilities. Kerafyrm as said was a prismatic dragon so maybe he has the power of fire and ice along with physical attributes. But what i'm truely curious about is what I said before with abilities existing beyond elemental types. Maybe there are dragons out there with the powers of our obelisk people with the power to open rift portals who have dark power abilities.
  9. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Dragons are born with there element, they don't have to grow into there powers as far as i know.
    As far as other elements go besides the ones i said in my previous post, there is one more called a "storm dragon". Only one storm dragon can ever exist , their can never be more then one storm dragon. If another storm dragon is born which would be very rare, then one of them would kill the other and continue there existence like it was meant to be with only one storm dragon in existence.
    The storm dragon on Norrath was Vyskudra. She had killed the other storm dragons to survive, and when Kerafyrm came to power she went to his side with her father Kildrukaun, they became the Ancients of the sleeper and she infused with the power of Kerafyrm.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I've never heard of a storm dragon before in all of EQlive. Or that name before for that matter. Where'd you find that out?
  11. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

This is all lore from the Crusaders of Veeshan in Skyshrine and various other NPCs in Skyshrine, and the sleepers tomb/kerafyrms lair.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Hmm. Guess I never looked for that little detail.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Poor Venekor, being the only important poison dragon, it must be hard to find a mate. Plus the bones probally turn the women off.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dreadfiend Guest

More, but not all notable EQ1 dragons:

Zlandicar (DN only necromancer class dragon in EQ1 -outcast-) - Disease based attack
    Sontalak (Western Wastes guards ToV ent -CoV-) - Lava breath based attack
    Esorpa of The Ring (Western Wastes -RoS-) - silence aoe attack
    Klandicar (Western Wastes -CoV-) - frost based attack
    Lord Yelinak (Leader of CoV faction in Skyshrine) - frost based attack
    Wuoshi (Waking Lands -CoV-) - Poison based
    Severilous (Emerald Jungle -RoS-) - Poison based attack
    Aarin`Dar (Plane of Valor) - Looks identical to Kerafyrm, but is considered a glass dragon. Magic based attack
    Rydda`Dar (Halls of Honor)
    Druushk (Veeshan's Peak -RoS-) - Lightning based attack
    Hoshkar - (Veeshan's Peak -RoS-) - Disease based attack
    Xygoz (Veeshan's Peak -RoS-)
    Suled`Dar's Shade (Skyfire Mnts -RoS-) - Electricity based attack
    Vulak`Aerr (Leader of Temple of Veeshan -CoV-)
  15. ARCHIVED-Bleedingheart Guest

There are the 2 dragons in the Desert of Flame as well. What were they? gold and silver? I never encountered them so I don't know what type of "element" they would be a part of. A little off topic here but would it be possible that there are "metalic" dragons out there somewhere(i.e. golds,silvers,coppers,irons)? And would they be good,evil,neutral? Also what about any "gem" dragons(i.e. amethyst,pearl,onyx)? These are little of the D n'D bent but just curious if there are any out there or even mentioned in some lost lore.
  16. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

The two dragons in the Desert of Flames are Siyamak the silver dragon who is ice elemental, and Barakah who has the element of fire.
    Theres almost no such thing as evil dragon alliances, or neutral, or good because it depends on what there own beliefs are, because when the second generation were first created the dragons had a long argument about whether they should control them or not, and one side just wanted to let them be and the other side wanted to control them as there pawns. They eventually had a split in the dragon faction with the original faction called the Claws of Veeshan and the new faction called the Ring of Scale led by Jaled Dar. It was not a war between the dragons it was just a difference in their own beliefs.
    The Ring of Scale was the more noisy faction on Norrath while the Claws of Veeshan were more quiet and spent most of there time praying to Veeshan.
    So you can probably consider the Claws of Veeshan the neutral Dragons, the Ring of Scale the semi evil dragons, The 4 Ancients the purely evil dragons who want to do nothing but exterminate the second generation with there Master Kerafyrm the sleeper, and the good dragons the 4 crusaders of Veeshan who were suppose to be the next 4 warders to keep Kerafyrm sleeping but because of the actions of the second generation there role had changed greatly and they became known as the Crusaders of Veeshan and there probably the only thing right now trying to fight the Awakened.
    Message Edited by MoD1133 on 04-21-2006 07:43 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Now this is getting rather interesting and very elaborate beyond what I had thought of.
    One thing I never knew about was the storm dragon class and that only one storm dragon can exist. Its almost like the insect/wolf/lion world where there can only be 1 high ruler and if another one comes they must battle but to the death.
    KoS is a very odd brewing pot for the dragon lore because we have 5 dragons to contend with. 4 of them lie in scattered zones with the might Taranax the guardian of Death Toll.
    The question is what would happen if Kerafyrm were to come back to Norrath. He has emense power and it seems even Lord Nagafen fears this power. But 1 question is how did Kerafyrm come about? If he is a true prismatic dragon then was it by Queen Veeshan's claws that he was created as her right hand person or did 2 opposing dragons mate to create him?
  18. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Kerafyrm was the offspring of two dragons of opposing elements, who mated despite what the Elder Dragon Council and Kildrukaun said.
  19. ARCHIVED-MakhailSammael Guest

Siyamak is actually disease based and has SK buffs abilities.
    At least in PoS and the contested one.
  20. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Siyamak is diseased based because hes probably a SK class, but in PoS he was hitting us for cold damage, class has nothing to do with a dragons element.

Message Edited by MoD1133 on 04-21-2006 09:10 AM