Power of Dragons

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Amana, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

*looks at the time of our posts*

.... woah.
  2. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Very Nice Dreadfiend I do wish I had encoutered stuff like this in EQOA. EQOA lore is very very weird and the only dragons that were encountered in EQOA were Nagafen, Lady Vox, 1 desert dragon and 1 or 2 more in the Frontiers area. Sadly this is the only lore that exists on the EQOA page. I'll go in game and see if I can get any info on the dragons that exist within EQOA.
    The only thing I can assume with more than 50% of my knowledge is EQOA takes place 500 years before EQ1.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dreadfiend Guest

I don't think there would be many dragons "visible" to players in EQOA. Remember, before Ruins of Kunark and Scars of Velious were released, Nagafen and Vox were the only dragon known in EQ1. That only makes sense given the inaccesiblitly to both the dragon heavy lands of Kunark and Velious. Nothing was known about the Ring of Scale until RoK was released... and nothing was known about the "original" dragon faction, the Claws of Veeshan until Scars of Velious was released. That didn't change the fact that Naggy and Vox were still the only player reachable dragons in Antonica until Dragons of Norrath was released.

The "Dragons of Norrath" expansion proved that there was a viable faction of dragons on Antonica who had lived behind a wall of secrecy for countless ages. That would be relevent to EQ2 because the Antonican dragon faction, Veeshan's Children was going on the whole time without the players knowing about it. That would mean that the VC dragon were around during EQOA, but hidden behind their wall.

The DoN dragons are very asian looking when compared to the otherwise traditionally european dragons of RoS and CoV. They are very serpentine with distinctly "lung" style heads with catfish-like whiskers and manes.

It would be interesting to know what happened to Veeshan's Children after the Rending. If they still exist, what part they have to play in the Awakened's plans?

From the EQ1 Storyline folder:
    The Nest Revealed

Over 4000 years ago when Veeshan's brood was beginning its days on Norrath, the dragons determined, among other things, that the Nest would be the breeding grounds for their kind. It was also where five chosen dragons closest to the pure blood of Veeshan would carry on the Nest for all time and pass down their knowledge. And thus, the dragons of the Nest became known as Veeshan's Children and those that serve them, the Servants of the Children.

The dragons and creatures of the Nest began to build the foundations for this sacred area and found a way to hide it from meddling mortals. Through their mastery of magic, the dragons took part in creating a veil of magic that draped over the land. One dragon, Yar`Lir, a master of weather, obscured the veil of magic by storms.

The laying of eggs and birth of new dragons in the Nest -- the ones that will carry on the Nest for all time -- are governed by a cycle. Every thousand years, Veeshan's Children choose the eggs of the dragons that will replace them and acquire their knowledge. And for 1000 years those eggs must be protected until they hatch, a time known as the Brood Dawn. If the cycle is disturbed, the eggs of the metallic, storm, lava and shadow dragons, could become corrupted or worse. The Brood Dawn must be allowed to take place, undisturbed. Until now, the Nest has remained safe, but for a few intruders that found it in error -- and they quickly learned their mistake.

On a day of ill fate, Norrathians' greed overtook their good sense and they unknowingly aided a dark and evil messenger -- the one who paid the miners of the Solusek Mining Company -- to dig deeper and farther to the north with the promise of untold riches.

The Solusek Mining Company did break through the stone to the north with the help of Norrathians. They broke through to the Nest and the veil of magic that protected it from view was breeched. Tirranun, the dragon that lived in the fires of a volcano, brought rains of fire and destruction in Lavastorm, beating back those that attempted to disturb the Nest. And while all of this occurred, a shadowy figure in long black robes slipped past the commotion and into the Broodlands.

Now, the dragons are filled with rage and waiting for any who would dare approach them. No one is safe from their wrath.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

One problem: Dragons of Norrath never happened in the EQ2 timeline. It was released AFTER EQ2 went live.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dreadfiend Guest

The expansion was released post PoP because that's when the Nest was finally revealed to the players, but if you read the text, the Nest and Children of Veeshan had been there for 4000 years basically giving it a grandfather clause into EQ2's history. Just because the players didn't know about it doesn't make it irrevelvent. The Nest and VC had existed for thousands of years whether the players found them or not.
  6. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Hmm this is particularly interesting since we have the "Ghostly Miners of Solusek's Eye". I'm starting to wonder if the Nest may have been effected during "The Shattering" and was turned back in time as if mortals never discovered it or broke through to it. However the Solusek miners were punished for breaking through and were punished so that they would never break through like a preventative measure.
    I think today since I have time i'll load up old EQOA and see if I can journey to DFC and beyond so I can find the Sand Dragon of the Desert. There was also 2 dragons in the Frontiers expansion pack as I mentioned one being of a noxious element I believe.
  7. ARCHIVED-xbraindeadx Guest

The list

Bakarah

Siyamak

Venekor

Darathar

Nagafen

Vox

Talendor

Gorenair

Harla Dar

Kerafyrm

Anguis

Ladon

Firanvious

Krilagarr

Vyemm

Sothis

Vraksakin

Ordanach

Drakknair

Do' Ellin

Tarinax

Ireth

( I missed some of the spires ones i think but thats all i can think of )
  8. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Thx for the list i'll be sure to put it up front in my main post so people know the names of all the dragons.
    One name strikes me though and that is Anguis because he appears as a drakota in Antonica a level 23 epicx2. Also Sothis seems to ring a bell for some reason as to why I don't know for certain.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Anguis and Ladon are drakota, not dragons.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Just out of interest to make a list of where these are in game if at all, if you can please add the the list.

Maj dul
    -------
    Barakh
    Siyamak

Cazic thule
    -----------
    Venekor

Isle of refuge
    --------------
    Darathar

Solusek Ro
    ----------
    Nagafen

Permafrost
    ----------
    Vox

Halls of fate
    -------------
    Sothis

KoS Spire event
    ---------------
    Lashka
    Ordanach
    Exenka
    Phuertix
    Netshiava

Lab of lord Vyemm
    -----------------
    Vyemm

Palace of the awakened
    ----------------------
    Drakknair

Ravasect isle - Bonemire
    ------------------------
    Do'Ellin

Lavastorm
    ---------
    Xyfl

Temple of Scale
    ---------------
    Harla Dar
    Vraksakin
    Pantrilla

Ascent of the Awakened
    ----------------------
    Talendor
    Gorenair
    Ireth

Deathtoll
    -------
    Tarinax
    Message Edited by Jalek on 04-26-2006 03:49 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Do'Ellin's spirit is found on Fear Tainted Isle in Tenerbrous, while Ghazi's Spirit is found on the Isle of Ravasect in the Bonemire. Vrakaskin and Pantrilla are both found in Temple of Scale, while Ireth, Gorenaire, Talendor, Sharti are found in Ascent of the Awakened. You can find Tarinax inside of Deathtoll. While Firanvious is a Drakota, not a dragon. Krilagarr? Doesn't sound like a familiar name, however there is at least 1 more dragon you can find in Palace of the Awakened, however I don't remember the name.

Also you can find the spirit of Aaroynar in Palace of the Awakened, unkillable, but hailable and part of the Claymore quest line. Then we have Kerafyrm, where he is, nobody really knows. But that sums up the real list of where all the current dragons can be found.
  12. ARCHIVED-kennethlongjr Guest

What about the dragon in the Obelisk of Lost Souls zone?
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

There's a dragon there? Been all over that zone. never saw any dragons.
  14. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

If you're talking about the Wyrm that spawns right outside of the Obelisk in the zone, then that's a Wyrm, not a dragon.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

Everyone leaves my poor little lightning dragon buddy off of these lists. :smileysad: Where's the love for the Lord of the Sanctum?! :smileyvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Cyanderos!(misspelled), of course who can forget him in the Santcum of Scaleborn.
  17. ARCHIVED-xentavius Guest

Talendor, Gorenair are in POA I believe.

Tarinax is in Deathtoll

Kerafyrm, obselisk? Whatever realm those folks are from? The book in SoS says his soul was captured by people of the void or something...
    Message Edited by xentavius on 04-27-2006 01:15 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Gomora_Toad Guest

The EQOA/Frontiers dragons that I can recall are:

Vox
    Nagafen
    Skahyir - Located in Box Canyons (the desert dragon you mentioned), lightning-based.
    Siliskor - Spawned in Elephant Graveyard via a glitchy quest, disease-based I think.
    Toxxulia - Located in one of the Toxxulia zones, believe it or not. :smileytongue: Never fought her, but by the name I assume she's poisonous.
    Noroxus - On Plane of Disease. Never fought him either, but given the loc I'd guess he's disease/poison.
    Quintessence of Veeshan - On Plane of Sky.

I've a terrible memory so I couldn't tell you any in-game lore that may exist about these dragons, but there's a list of names, at least.

And totally off-topic, but I remember the wolf Amani. I wanted to sponsor him when I was a kid, but didn't have the money. :smileysad:
  19. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Opp sorry Jindrack we are just compiling a list of the dragons right now getting the pattern down. :smileywink:
    I think the biggest thing though is the clear line that is drawn between our epic dragons and the lower powered dragons like the ones that exist with PoA and the young dragon that appears for the Wonderous inventions HQ.
    Kerafyrm has not been seen yet but i'm betting he would be ungodly powerful almost bordering on near sub diety level if I had to guess. If that is the case Lord Nagafen has a right to be worried since Kerafyrm is so powerful. Nagafen appears to us as a level 100 epicx4 dragon and i'm betting if we had to measure the power of Kerafyrm he would be atleast a level 200+ epicx4 monstrosity.
    However Kerafrym is strangely absent and it his in his absence that the 4 dragons of KoS are in disarray. It is this fact that many people started on the Serving A New Master quest with you being rewarded with the means to enter DeathToll.
    If I really had to say anything pandora's box is slowly being approached where someone will soon open it. Upon its opening we will have something imense unearthed from the ages long since passed as to what that is I have no idea. Would be interesting to see these powerful dragons being coupled with the return of the gods of norrath. These imensely powerful dragons being an omen of the gods returning or their location being discovered.
  20. ARCHIVED-Squallaby Guest

Just a quick question, anyone have any ideas as to where the Dracolich in PLane of Fear (eq1) came from, exactly?

Now there was some in game lore in EQ1 (if I'm remembering it correctly) that the Dracolich had been a live dragon whose soul was stolen by Tserina (Frozen Shadows Tower Boss) and given as a gift to Mayong Mistmoore (they were involved) he refused it and she kept it as a "Harnessed Soul Gem" (was a loot item off of her)

However whats the story on the Dracolich? That whole story line about it and Mayong/Tserina has always interested me..

I wonder what kind of Dragon he was...