Please Instance Everything

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Ratty31, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

You are correct !!
  2. ARCHIVED-Esar Guest

My guild was first on the server to go to VT and do everything in EQ1. Lol. Its called motivation and dedication. VT key kept me busy unlike this game which i have nothing to do day after day after day. That is the reason why i liked it. Ssra temple was a pain but after you would finish the keying you would feel rewarded. It kept the noobs out and IT WAS PROGRESSION.
    Message Edited by Esar on 06-08-2006 03:30 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

Tipt and Vxed kept noobs out too and they didn't involve sitting on your [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] camping green mobs. Please, think of the children. It is not progression =p
  4. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

Well congratulations. You are the ONLY member from the leading guilds that ever claimed to have liked the VT key. Sure it's called motivation and dedication because you had to push yourself through some of the stupidest timesink roadblocks that were ever invented.

The lucid shards didn't keep the "newbs" out at all. The only thing keeping the "newbs" out was the fact that Emp was part of the key. Everything else was farmable by someone with zero skill and zero raid ability. A much more effective prevention would have been to simply make Emp, Cursed and Arch Lich be flagging mobs that dropped the required parts. Throw in Seru and that guy in Katta if you really wanna be picky, but to say you "liked it" - you're a freak and completely unique.

How on earth was farming green mobs "progression". Here's the raid progression for Luclin: Arch Lich -> Cursed -> Emp -> Aten Ha Ra. I really cannot see "a goranga hunter" on that list, can you?

Dd
  5. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

I'm surprised this guy had the guts to show up again in this thread, considering how fast his [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] original post was shot down. No offense of course ;)

And for the record, if you'd bother to read what we're posting - we agree progression is non-existent in this game. However our ideals of what motivation and dedication should entail are quite different, i.e. maybe raid progression should involve killing, you know, RAID MOBS. Perhaps you'd enjoy killing mist grinnins in nektulos for DT access, but tell me - how much skill does that take?
  6. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

Well Esar does have a point that you are missing or agreeing with. That point being there is nothing in this game that makes you feel rewarded after you finish it. What is there that is rewarding about this game? There is nothing that seperates the Hard Core guilds from the Casual Guilds and that is what this game lacks.
    I have said this before this game takes no skill what so ever to play. So don't know why you guys keep talking about skill this and skill that I want skill and not time. This game takes time if you want to do something not skill. I would like to see skill be a part of the game but it never will it will only still take time to do stuff and never skill.
  7. ARCHIVED-Esar Guest

Bane talks about skill this skill that and look at their website. No offense of course :)

Message Edited by Esar on 06-08-2006 04:24 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

He's referencing EQ1 which did involve skill.

The point is EQ2 is too easy, and SHOULD require skill. Just because it doesn't now does not mean we should just add more and more boring camps so we can pat ourselves on the back ala the Special Olympics. They should make the game, gee, I dunno actually difficult? and then go from there.

Were agreeing but for some reason you guys are a little foggy on how to bring real excitement back into the endgame.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

Dammit Tas, don't give them ideas like that.

EQ2 version of Deathtoll access (thanks to Vex Thal):

1. Kill Both guards for a rare drop once for each raid member. This gives Lab access.
    2. Kill Vyemm for 6 pieces that each raid member will need.
    3. Get an ultrarare no-trade item from trash mobs in every zone in Norrath.
    4. Combine them by figuring out the exact right thing to hand a mob that spawns at the back of Poet's Palace.
    5. Make sure every new guild member has help doing this exact same thing.

That would keep the newbs out!

Dd
  10. ARCHIVED-Esar Guest

Much better than what we got in EQ2. Whine whine whine whine = YAY deathtoll
  11. ARCHIVED-Shakir1065 Guest

Do you mean something like if you kill mob X you are flagged for zone Y, but without having to have a specific quest? Sounds like Planes of Power from eq1 :) I actually did love that concept and that expantion hehe. I agree that would be a cool way to do it if I understand you correctly. Instead of trivial mobs you would put a guilds tallents to the test to see if they can even get into a zone with a challenging mob.
    But the problem though is how tough sony would make that mob, and how quickly they would cave to people who whine that it's too tough so Sony is blocking them from content.
    I think I understand what your saying and I do agree with it. It would probobly make for a much more interesting access to a zone.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

None taken. We've never tried to be "hardcore" in EQ2 and certainly don't measure ourselves against those folks that do. We just kill stuff for fun now without stressing over it too much or worrying about anyone else. All we ask is for mobs that challenge us, not boredom that challenges us.

Now, of course, if you're opposed to putting skill into the game then by all means come out and say so in front of everyone. Otherwise I'm really not sure what your point is.

Dd
  13. ARCHIVED-Esar Guest

Thanx to the bane members for putting words in my mouth. I never talked about camping shards for VT. I never said camping the shards was fun, I said I enjoyed doing the overall quest b/c there was raid progression. Killing Emperor Ssra gave you access to VT. Veeshan peaks: Killing Trakanon gave you access to Veeshan peaks. Killing PoP tiers gods gave you access to the next tier of gods. Killing certain velious dragons gave you access to Sleeper tomb (I wonder how many people in bane who are complaining actually woke up the sleeper) This is the sort of progression i want and heck if its in a quest even better. We have Deathtoll access quest, but then again all bane members are against access quest so i guess the DT access is a total failure. Say you fail on talendor and have to wait 6 days. OH GOSH such a time sink :smileysad:.

Message Edited by Esar on 06-08-2006 04:35 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

LOL, personal attack time. Newsflash genius - we don't race anybody. We raid 3 days a week for a few hours. Most of the time without 24 people, ALWAYS without an optimal setup (try doing vyemm 2 months ago with 19 people, 10 fighters, no brigand, and win), yet.. somehow we've defeated all DT access mobs and managed to get into DT. Gee, I can't imagine what it'd be like to play with an optimal setup of 24 players every single day on our old EQ1 schedule! It must seem like playing the game on easy mode! (waits for the jab on how I should talk to him later after we've done the contested)

Stay on topic or avoid mindless posts. I know you feel the need to defend your guildmates here from the wrath of Ddrak, but it really does you more harm than good. :(
  15. ARCHIVED-Esar Guest

Same applies to you. I just copied and pasted your format
  16. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

You replied to me when I talked about the VT quest. I specifically referred to lucid shards. I guess you just never really read what any of us posted then and it's all a big mistake. Fair enough. Here's a summary though that I hope you do read rather than make a fool of yourself again:

The VT key would have been fine if it was just killing Emp to get there. It wasn't. It was a massive timesink of killing green spawns for no good reason. That made it a bad quest.

The VP key would have been fine if it was just killing Trak to get there. It wasn't.

We stated PoP was a good expansion. You obviously missed that.

We've stated Velious was a great expansion. You obviously missed that.

Keldoth LED the raid that woke up the Sleeper. Feel like eating your words yet?

We're FOR the sort of quests you apparently now are for, so I'm glad you're agreeing with us in the end. Nice reversal of position there bud, but just to repeat what Keldoth said before (bolded for ease of reading):

Camping stupid stuff for no reason but to waste your time = no thanks
    Doing difficult trials to prove your level or experience = yes please
    Raid road blocks based on gear or tactics= yes please

Glad we got that sorted out.

Dd
  17. ARCHIVED-Esar Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Esar Guest

I never said you guys didnt say PoP and velious wasnt a good expansion. I said thanx for putting words in my mouth regarding Vex thal access quest. you tell me to read carefully and yet you dont bother to read my posts properly. Good god. So Keldoth leads all these raids in EQ1 and now [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]es EQ2 is too hard? Now come. I find that hard to believe.
  20. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

Camping stupid stuff for no reason but to waste your time = EQ2
    Doing difficult trials to prove your level or experience = great idea
    Raid road block based on gear or tactics = another great idea