Please Instance Everything

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Ratty31, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-USAFJeeper Guest

All I am saying is that PVP adds an element of "contested" to the game that should excite some of you jaded hardcore guys. I think we all know now that the PVP game is influencing the PVE game... Witness the spell changes that have no rhyme or reason in then PVE game yet seem to make the PVP game better.
    Are you honestly saying that you prefer to sit on your butt watching the landscape to moving through a dungeon meeting new monsters then killing them? If you are referring to harvesting in the second part of the statement then umm, ok, not sure where that came in but I am the anti-crafter myself.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

There is no hard heroic content in this game. There is no moving through a dungeon meeting new monsters to kill. For me the claymore quests in sanctum involved invising up, running 20feet, killing the see invis mobs, repeate till I get to my destination and kill or click whatever I was asked to do at that step. It was boring and I was tired of it sometime around the peacock quests last expansion.
    I would much much prefer to sit around, go watch tv, read a book, go outside, do anything and camp a mob checking in every so often, even if it means I will miss a spawn or two to learn it and get it down than have to go around kiling more pointless heroic mobs.
  3. ARCHIVED-USAFJeeper Guest

See theres the difference between us then. When I do log on I dont want to sit my toon in one spot then go do other things. When I log in my toon I am like a ADD child* who is out of Ritalin and I am ready to GO. I dont log in to time a spawn or anything like that. I want to go places and do things. I want to do difficult stuff, I want to see zones a lot of players never see. If I am not going to be playing the game, then I will commandeer my son's XBox 360 and kill some aliens.

I dont want to camp a contested easy mob to go do that.

*Before all you parents jump on me I am a father whose son was "diagnosed" with ADD at an early age I refused drugs for him and he is a well adjusted 15 year old now doing well in school. He is still a slacker but since I am his father I take the credit for that. But lets not get into a discussion of better parenting through chemicals here take it to an off topic area let me know and I will gladly tilt at windmills with you.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

And when you've done all that?
    I dont log in to camp mobs either. I log in to raid. But if camping a mob is a side effect of something I want, Ill do it. If clicking rocks is a side effect ill do it. I [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing hate tradeskilling but i did that for that stupid belt HQ. Now that is something you can whine about. It takes far more time to get up in tradeskill levels than it did to camp the deathless, but that wasnt changed was it? No of course not.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ligur Guest

BECAUSE YOU CONTROL IT. This is where most of these arguments fall apart. You control your TSing... you... no one else... there is no one camping your TS table for it to pop. If it was that way I would complain about that. As a matter of fact tradeskiling is a great example. Are nodes contested? NO because even though we can harvest the same node I CAN NOT stop you from harvesting it.
  6. ARCHIVED-USAFJeeper Guest

I make alts! I did it as a Ranger now lets do it as a Warlock or a Mystic or a Troubador. I also discovered they are revamping those lower level zones, you know what its fun to redo them now with the changes. I did EQ1 as a mage, Lets just say I wont be doing that again... I think mages becoming the Kunark era Mod Rod Pez Dispensers/Call of Hero Bots again (Oh no dont summon your pet, he may wander off, just start laying mod rods on the ground plz kthx..)
    As far as the tradeskill oriented quests, I have not done them yet. You see I am a provisoner in the 40s. My skills suck hardcore and will require a huge time investment to get them to the point to do those quests. For now they are shelved. Maybe with the tradeskill revamp I wil be able to stomach doing the time sink that is crafting to complete them. Until then I will click on no rock before its time.
  7. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

Say Hi to our Level 70 alts =P

Like mine with the Claymore already =P
  8. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Made an alt, level 70, like xelus said. Also we are being forced to make alts if we want to keep playing in echoes of faydwer later this year because that content is geared for 1-70, not the higher end so if your top end, you will be bored and want to quit. I really dont think I want to pay money every month to re-roll characters over and over.
  9. ARCHIVED-thomasza Guest

SoE's track record:
    1) we get a very easy zone with rewards higher then we have seen so far in KoS
    2) The raidzones are bugged to hell and back because they wanted the level 1-20 to be perfect for new customers
    3) see 1 but the zone is far more difficult then KoS and the items are far below them
  10. ARCHIVED-Nicholain Guest

I think I just filled the cup...oh wait it is only a dream...:smileysad:

Seriously though SoE should hire your [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].....
  11. ARCHIVED-USAFJeeper Guest

The obvious trite answer here is then, dont pay. Quit. Apparently something is still entertaining to you since you are still paying. You are not forced to do anything especilly not with your entertainment dollar. I submit you are still enjoying the game. Still working on my second 70, I am the slowest leveler EVER.
    I refuse to make a fairy. I also will never make a froglok or a gnome. I have my reasons.... I do want the title slayer of fairys though so I do have something to work for now in the EoF :smileyvery-happy:
  12. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Funny...I refuse froglock, fairy, or halfling myself.....
    The game has potential and I have invested many hours and dollars into it. I am not the type to just give up on things so easily. That is why I am still paying.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Your the 5th person this week to say that. Seriously though, Im no programmer, I just have my idea's and they are free. Any help implementing them are also free. They dont have to pay me or hire me. Ill sign away my creative rights, i dont give a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], just make the game good :)
  14. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

Well can't we sorta say "just quit" to the people who want everything instanced =P? If you can't take the competition it's best top exit =P.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ligur Guest

You can if you want the game to go under. That my friend is Capitalism and why the game is going more instanced.
  16. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

Or you can see it as a failure to add a sufficient amount of content, some how I do not see many MMOs living very long with everything being instanced, sometimes the entertainment, drama, etc, from racing for contesteds is what makes a MMO a different game from single player games. I mean yea, sure, instances can be a powerful tool in an MMO, but having too many defeats the purpose of a MMO. A MMO should have more non-instanced content than instanced, some how I don't find zoning into HoF, Den, etc and clearing it to be as fun as interacting with other groups in PoA, Sanctum, etc.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Or you can see it as knowing what side their bread is buttered on.
    For one thing "enough content" a la Vanguard's mantra is impossible. There will never be enough. If you try to not instance anything, have everything contested and bank on your world being big enough and populated enough to make everyone happy then you are one thing: dillusional.
    It isn't going to happen. Developers will always underestimate players drive, willpower and ability to succeed.
    So that entire plan would suck and be a failure because the you'd lack enough content for the intended market so the complete dominance they'd show over existing content would kill off the population that pays for that small playstyle type and content anyway. Then your game folds and you go "Why didn't I make a more casual friendly game" and your publisher points to World of Warcraft as the plan and design that should be mimicked and improved upon not a seven year old game from a time when the market was smaller.
    Instancing is how future MMOs are going to succeed. I'm not saying contested doesn't have its place nor am I saying that the players who enjoy that type of content do not either. I'm just saying they need to learn that content and their playstyle is a tiny sliver of the pie and audience that developers are shooting for.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

You might want to check the size of Vanguards world before you make this statement, without knowing how many people are going to be on each server its hard to predict this. All I can say is that Vanguards world is really freaking big, the 1/4 that's playable is easily 20x the size of all of eq2.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nicholain Guest

I think that is what people tend to forget...The reason you are arguing, and you are EC are fighting for the same cause (weird huh :smileytongue:) is because you obviously care about the game a ton. People fail to understand that the "hardcore" crowd has more money, time, and life invested into this game so that when the core of the game changes it will affect these people more than most.

Anyway I see some simple ways to solve the lack of progression. Hire Ish as Creative Director for raiding, and give him man-slaves to do the work..At least we know what will be going on because unlike a Dev he actually posts...:smileyvery-happy:
  20. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I'm aware.

I'm also guaranteeing you that if just one of their servers gets an NPU, an EC, a FoH and a Dissolution on it (not to mention the numerous others) there will not be enough content on it for them let alone everyone else.

Brad is intelligent, but dillusional.