Please Instance Everything

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Ratty31, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

You apparently read nothing we post, do you.
  2. ARCHIVED-Esar Guest

Lol again missed my point. This is talking to a bunch of 2 years old.
    Raid time starting, i'll argue later. *toodles*

Message Edited by Esar on 06-08-2006 05:09 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

Ah, so basically a breakdown in communications (zomg, EQ1 pun!), and I apologize for putting words in your mouth that you really didn't say or even mean to imply. Let's start over:

Look - we're not [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing EQ2 is too hard. Please don't take us that way because it's not (especially if ***** like us can get to deathtoll). What we're really saying is that we actually want harder stuff in EQ2 and to please not nerf mob's abilities. What we do want however is for quests not to have stupid timesinks in them which force you to sit around for a long time and don't really tax any skill but your ability to alt-tab and do something else for a bit.

Most KoS mobs we've beaten first or second try. For a guild as **** as us to do that is just ridiculous. That's far too easy. Killing Vyemm, Harla, Gore and Tal should have forced us to farm Labs for months to gear up (given we don't do contested). The fact we can walk into Deathtoll and reach Tarinax the very first trip means it's far too easy. This stuff should be kicking our butts, but it isn't. That's the sort of challenge I really want to see.

My (minor) [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]es are the camping of mobs with PHs and quest spawns with 3 day timers. I see those as a slippery slope to all the worst things that made people insane in EQ1. I loved T5 not having that sort of thing and it's really a huge disappointment to see it creeping into the game. Give us mobs and encounters that smash our guild all over the map as we try in our own gimpy playtime to do at least some of the stuff you hardcore folks are forging ahead with.

That's what we want - challenging encounters. Lots.

Dd
    Message Edited by Ddrak on 06-08-2006 04:58 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

ok agree on that !!
    add more contested content also I would love to see a epic quest line that actually worked with a contested raid mob. For me contested content is fun !!
  5. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

The thing is, I get tired posting my position post after post after post after post after post after post after post to people who can simply skim back or even click on my name and read my posts - makes me quite cranky. ;)

Read Ddrak's post ^ basically the gist of it ~
  6. ARCHIVED-Esar Guest

There we go. I completely agree with this post: we need progression. My point was that as long as there's raid progression i dont mind access quests. Doing one raid leads to another raid. etc. I'm totally oblivious to camping mobs for access IF there's raid progression and thats just me. Thats why I liked VT access quest b/c there was something to look forward to in terms of progress. It doesnt have to be camping mobs but i want to see progression added in EQ2. My original post some people were complaining that stuff was too hard, too inaccessible. I dont want a game with no raid progression and everyone gets what they want b/c they dont want to put any effort into it. Thats what EQ2 is right now. Some people farm lab relic everyday without ever killing a named in there have equal gear to those who have progressed into deathtoll. Thats no effort and no progression.
    PS. I came back to the forum b/c there's nothing to do in EQ2 today :smileysad:
    Message Edited by Esar on 06-08-2006 05:27 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

Yeah key camps were ok when there was nothing else besides rolling an alt or farming. But since then they have come up with more interesting ways to have downtime. LDoN's with a leaderboard and augments to your gear, hard single group trials that unlock zones for xp / gear, hard single group stuff that breaks caps / flags you for new zones.. etc. I'd love to see all that stuff, but when I see people asking for boring green camping farms I start to get the shivers and have to take my pain regression meds (ok not really).

Glad to see we can all agree on something after being obtuse for 12 pages~

edit: If you guys haven't checked out EQ1's progress with keeping raiders interested in downtime, I suggest you do. The last few expansions (which I admit to have not followed closely or even played) have some extremely nice single group content from reading about it. One that struck me was really cool was an arena battle, no not like the lame one in splitpaw, this was a 50 wave arena challenge, and the reward was a charm that increased in stats as you increase each wave. First few waves were easy, but by the end you were taking on stuff you needed to be fully on teir raid decked for. I'd love to see that kinda stuff in EQ2.
    Message Edited by Keldoth on 06-08-2006 05:31 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

I think we can all agree that there is zero progression in EQ2, we've been trying to preach that since day1 (of the haraghur thread at least), and it's a major problem because there is no differentiation between hardcore and casual raiders atm. All we're saying really regarding raid progression is that it should involve killing raid mobs - ala PoP - it shouldn't involve killing low lvl mobs - ala Luclin. There should be work involved, but that work needs to be learning and defeating the bosses in order to get to the next tier, not camping random easy spawns. And that would separate hardcore from casual - especially gearwise.
  9. ARCHIVED-thomasza Guest

Make a new quest tab : Epic (contested) so people know straight at the start that these are quests where contested mobs are part of the questline.
    Tradeskillers want quests where their way of playing was needed - check
    solo players want solo quests - check
    raiders want quests (epic line of quest) - check
    raiders (who love contested mobs) want quests for their playstyle - none
  10. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

Ill turn this into something Constructive....we entered DT today..ofcourse we didnt clear zone at first but i have agree with most other guilds...its easy...once u know what to do absolutely simple...ill shutup now..
  11. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

well that goes for anything in life...once u know how to do it, then u shouldnt have problems doing it =)
  12. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

I'll also agree that the loot is a bit Underated...we got a doll with a 5% attack speed increase that lasts 15 seconds..and a Legendary pet item that lasts for 15 seconds with a recast timer of 30 mins...

I guess u have to go in there with your game face and 24 people to notice its actually easy till the dragons..we went in with 3 and a half grps and it was easy...cant wait to next week =)
  13. ARCHIVED-Kazora Guest

Just saw a continuing trend that among posts here that 'contesteds are fine, but questlines must be instanced'; why do quest lines have to be instanced and guaranteed to be available to everyone? I'd like to see an access quest that involves having to beat MO for a talisman, Princes for a talisman, and each person who wanted access to the zone needed both talismans. Said zone that you get access to should then be amazing.

And contesteds bring another element of skill to the game as well. Despite the massive influx of ******* here that seem to equate contesteds with camping a spawn 24/7, theres also the elements of organizing, moving and executing quickly and successfully, often with unideal classes etc. Even on something as retardedly easy as bm crystals or vraksakin, yes i do think there can be skill there in this regard. Yes i think when im killing a crystal with 5 or vraksakin with 6, or hurricanus with 18 because im trying to beat x guild i think im using skill. Sitting in a zone killing mobs that 100 guilds have already beaten (often harder versions of) 2 months ago in far worse gear, mulling over strats while you bring in the train of repair kits might also be considered 'skill' but i feel its a different type of skill than the one i explained above.

No one is entitled to anything, theres instanced content and questlines already so theres no reason there shouldnt be purely or mostly contested ones as well. [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] you if you think your money buys you an all-access pass. You buy content; newsflash part of the 'content' is interacting with a community thats competing with you to beat mobs and see [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. With amazing Sleepers-Tomb style zones these also have the additional perk of allowing devs to put amazing 'carrots' into the game, and give less hardcore guilds something to look forward to down the line.

so, in summary, contesteds DO involve skill, some questlines can be contested with appropriate rewards/accesses, and if you want to go into the long term health of the game it would make sense that slowing down the rate at which the casual masses can progress will keep them interested in the end game longer, and a contested questline with incredible rewards will be a great carrot to look forward to for them.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

I still think the bonemire crystals should be renamed heroic or at the very most groupx2 and the pieces to spawn them should only rarely drop off vyemm and the outcast (those 2 being the boss raid targets in the bonemire region) Hell, since its only groupx2 at the max let doomlord septimus have an extremely rare chance at dropping one as well. Odds are at any giving time 3 or 4 cyrstals will be up because its just that rare. Once spawned the mob stays up because with 1group (prefered) or 2groups not everyone is going to walk up and kill them.
    Its pretty sad to call something an epic mob when Ive quite literally seen someone /ooc Hey a crystal is up, anyone want to come kill it? And random people from the zone show up and kill it. That is just way too easy. Its not even a pickup raid its a whomever the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] is here swing a stick raid.
  15. ARCHIVED-Scarrlette Guest

I believe this thread has worn out its usefulness. Nothing but bickering and rehashing the same arguments. Consider it closed!