Please Instance Everything

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Ratty31, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

No, I wanted an example of the "whiners" you assert exist that get Talendor/Gore/Harla nerfed. You come back with balance feedback from all the top end guilds saying a mob is currently impossible? No dice, man.

Dd
  2. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

I think the best part of that thread was Asterra from NPU claiming MO was supposed to be Djinn Master Impossible, and that we all claimed it so.
    Lol.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Your information is not correct. The top tier guilds were not having problems with harla dar, vyemm, etc. Never once did my guild ever ask for them to be made easier and I cant say I recall any of the other top guilds doing that either.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Oh come on? You're going to use subscriptions in an arguement that everything should be contested?
    Have you even played WoW!?
    LoL.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

So, if the top guilds gave no feedback and other guilds also gave no feedback because they couldn't even get to the encounter let alone try it enough to give realistic feedback (remember, all the changes to the actual fight were either pre-instancing or done at the time it was instances, assuming they happened at all) then I can only conclude that Sony changed it all by themselves because the encounter wasn't turning out the way they expected it to.

Dd
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Talendor was broken when Crac made that thread. His AE had no avoidable range so everytime he AE'd he would spawn 48 adds.
    They didn't make him easier, they fixed him.
    If you remember at the time of that thread no one in the world (not even you, EC, NPU, God, Jesus, Mike Tyson) had beaten Talendor.
    Message Edited by Gaige on 06-07-2006 12:35 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Godzmodiar Guest

i cant believe im acutally saying this. gaige is correct.
  8. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Except the Mike Tyson Part, everyone knows Mike Tyson > God. ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

Gaige is right I can't say anything for Talendor because well I don't ever get hit by the AE and if I do its because I was off in lala land dreaming about something stupid.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

/derail

Chuck Norris had killed Talendor.

;)
  11. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

No not "top guilds" gave feedback. Vyemm was always instanced. Nobody could monopolize contested ascent and lots of guilds went symbol farming. There were multiple threads about more than 1 guild fighting over spawned versions of talendor/gorenaire. There were multiple threads about how other guilds watched other guilds use more than 24 people on harla dar, proving more than just one guild got a shot at her. I highly doubt there was a single server where only one guild ever pulled harla dar. Every server I know of had at least some guild try and kill it, they werent always successful but they at least got a pull or 2 in to complain it was too hard.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

.....half correct :) Foh and us had both beaten talendor, and I beleive eidolon on AB had too (not sure on this one). We had not beaten the bugged version of talendor that crac posted about, but we had killed talendor :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

Yes - this is exactly what I said. Top guilds provided feedback.

Dd
  14. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

What part of not top guilds was so hard to understand? I mean I realize that wording wasnt great but I was trying to be nice instead of saying lesser guilds.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Didn't you and FoH beat the Talendor who wasn't AE'ing though? So therefore he still wasn't asking for it to be made easier - but simply to work.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

I dont know about FoH, but ours did AE. Not in the same manner he does today, but he had an ae.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Okay so to conclude: You and FoH did beat Talendor (I was wrong) but didn't have to deal with the broken AE we did (so I was kind of right).
    In the end though that example you referenced was a bad one as we weren't trying to get him made easier - just made to work.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Broken or just ended up being harder than the designer wanted it to be? We dont really know. Maybe they would have liked it to be the way they had it, but it was just too hard for people at the time so they changed it. Id say we'll never know but I somehow have a feeling if I said that you would actually hunt the guy down and get a statement to rub in my face :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

Which part of "top guilds" was hard to understand? You do realize the plural in "guilds" means I was referring to potentially more than one per server? For example, on our server we had the two top guilds fighting over Harla on more than one occasion. Perhaps I should have said "hardcore raiding guilds", but I figured "top" and "hardcore raiding" would by synonymous.

My point was, the only people that had the power to get the mob changed and make feedback on it's ability were those who had tested it. At the time it went instanced only hardcore raiding guilds were in that category simply because no casual guild was able to get there (and we all knew it and didn't even bother). Therefore, if you want to look at "whiners" who got mob's abilities nerfed then the only ones you have to look at are the hardcore guilds, not the casual ones.

The only explanation is that SoE was watching the kills and adjusted the mobs to be more in line with what they intended from the beginning.

Dd
  20. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest