Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I agree with their assessment on the kitchen suite - and I think the only reason they said that is the wood texture. I'm no designer myself, but I am a texture-holic. The one you used on the sink and cabinets looks like inexpensive laminate. I might have to make that decision in real life...between that and something nicer, but I'm going to get 'only the best' in game.

I think if you retexture it with more luxury textures, it's something people would want.
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

Hi Arielle, thanks for your comments. As I've previously shared in other post in this string of posts, they want it to look aged and scuffed and have more detail across the surfaces, i.e. scratches, scrolling, nails or whatever. They didn't approve it because stylistically it looks too modern. I can understand you not appreciateing the wood grain, not everyone likes the same look.

Rather than resurface those cabinets, I'm createing something different which has more character and style appropriate to the Norrathian world. (as a joke, I was thinking about submitting an item which looked like a burnt pile of wood and calling it a kitchen cabinet :) but they probably wouldn't see the humor in that.)
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Call it "Ogre kitchen Cabinet" and you will have something! lol. Thanks for your comments back. I do like your work, I like the clean lines, and except for the texture, would buy that kitchen suite.
    Rawl likes this.
  4. Truian Member

Is this true? Why limit this to some exclusive creator club only? Why should I buy Player Studio items to help support other players if I can't see or provide feedback on items? Does this mean that 'approved creators' will only get feedback from the 'general' public if they started a thread in the NHS?

I surely misunderstood. I thought I had read under the Player Studio Discussion thread that the new forums would include threads on the how-to and what nots for everyone.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

There will continue to be an open venue for designers to get feedback on their items from players. The "inner circle" forum is for working out more nuts-and-bolts mechanics issues with creating items, texturing them, etc.

It is ultimately up to each designer to use the forum sections as they desire. Nobody is being limited on where and when they can post. :)
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Indeed player-creators can always post shots on these forums or the other open forums for general feedback. I just submitted my Disheveled Maiden hairstyle and I hope to get either positive feedback from SOE or a Valid/Accepted item :) I figured out how I can redo the Ponytails to have more volume and look less like bunny-ears :p so that will be on the way.
    Rawl likes this.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

Bunny ears are good, it was just the front perspective which made them sort of look like that. I look forward to seeing one of your new hair styles in the game, although none of my characters are female, so they won't be sporting any of them, except that one gay character might ;)
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

LoL! They censored the word which has something to do with a person's orientation. I guess that is offensive? :eek:
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

some find the term offensive despite it actually meaning "happy".
    A "Gay Man" means literally a "happy man" however it has come to mean homosexual.
    Rawl likes this.
  10. AelCad Member

Is there a page for all this or something that you can link to here?
  11. Afista Well-Known Member

The new Player Studio Forums.

Just up and running today,so not much to it yet. But, I suspect that's the place to watch for all of this stuff :)
    Rawl likes this.
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

Great news! Thanks for posting the link here. I logged in over there and you'll find my cute fury Rawl face over that as well :)
  13. kianne Well-Known Member

Sorry for sounding Noobish but what on earth is this player studio stuff and how come i see stuff on sc? I dont understand!

Happy decorating

Kianne xxx
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Player Studio is a program where players can create items for sale over the Station Marketplace. These players receive part of the price in SC directly. So by buying PS-Created items you are not only giving SOE money but also fellow players such as yourself.
    Rawl likes this.
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

Kianne,

For Everquest 2, you can check out this link: https://www.everquest2.com/player-studio where you will find additional information about Player Studio. The Player Studio is not limited to just EQ2, it also encompasses some other SoE games as well, so if you play any of those other games, you have the opportunity to create and submit items for consideration and addition to those games via their respective Station Cash Stores as well.
  16. Rawl Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    I added a ceiling, made the metal reflective and the crystals transparent. I also gave each candle a light which you can't see, but you can see the effects of those lights. The only light in this image comes from those candle lights. I think it looks better, but has more than one material, so it wouldn't work as a player studio submission. Thought I'd share this image anyway.
    Miamya and Estred like this.
  17. Maela New Member

Love your designs
    Rawl likes this.
  18. Rawl Well-Known Member

I was chatting on the Antonia_Bayle.homeshow channel this morning, and someone asked for a Hobbit Door to go with the Halfpint Delight Island. So I took a screen shot of the doorway, and made this one to fit it. I am having technical problems creating the normals map for some reason. When I get that issue resolved, I will submit it to Player Studio for consideration.

By the way, you don't need to knock, especially if you are bringing a jumjum pie when visiting ;)

[IMG]
    Margaret, Xillean and Cyliena like this.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Quite nice, What exactly is giving you issues with the Normal Map? I may know something to help. Though as a Static Mesh it would have to be left open :)
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure what the problem was, but when I tried to create a normals map, it would crash. So I redid the textures using G_imp and it worked just fine. Now I got to do it again because for some weird reason my map files are not a 512 x 512 porportion. Oh well, guess I need a break so I can go play EQ2 now :) I'll fix it tomorrow

See yas!