Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! A rather nasty one, but still... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to stop by and say,

I love this set. The soft lighting from the outdoor lamps on the buildings are a perfect touch. I love the clear windows, the colors you used for the buildings and the lighting inside is not blinding, great job! But I must say I LOVE LOVE the doors your created to go with the buildings with the clear glass, this is my very favorite door now. I am so glad that most of my projects have square door frames or man I would be in TROUBLE!

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful delightful addition.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is there clear glass in the windows, or are they empty? Can't tell just from the pictures in EQ2 Furniture. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Feara Well-Known Member

Hello Uwk :) The buildings have actual glass windows and so does the front door. You can see thru the panes from the inside and the outside. The view is not crystal clear like if it was just an open space but it gives you the sense that it’s glass. He actually did a really good job on them. I would take pics for you but I’m not sure I remember how to do all that. I haven’t posted a pic in years :p
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're not alone; there are several different threads you can Search under "posting screenshots" (without the quotes), but to save some time:

1) Once you've taken the screenshot you want (I use good ol' Print Scrn on my keyboard and save the image in MS Paint), get to your favorite flavor of 3rd party art hosting sites (Photobucket, Imgur, DeviantArt [theoretically, even Facebook, though ol' FB has been getting weird lately], etc.) and do what you have to to publish it there. I like putting in a Disclaimer into the description, along the lines of: "This is a screenshot from the Everquest 2 game, owned by Daybreak Games. All rights reserved." etc. so I don't wake up with a disembodied tweet bird head in bed with me or something. Though I'm not sure how expensive the lawyers DBG can afford these days might be, but best to play it safe. ;->

2) What I use is www.DeviantArt.com, and once I've published my screenshot there, I do the following:
    a) Go to my published image; right-click on it.
    b) In the drop-down menu that drops down, I select View Image.
    c) I'll get a new page, with nothing but my image and a black background, with the URL (Internet location) of where the image actually is. For those listening in at home who don't know, the URL is all the funky stuff at the top of an Internet page, such as:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-items-ive-created.5046/page-305#post-6545586

(but don't click on that, it'll just send you right back here ;->)

d) I will highlight the URL of my image (the whole thing, no matter how long and tedious it might be) and Copy it (Ctrl+C).
    e) I'll come back here and either open a new post, or if I have one already open, I'll get to the place in the post I want to insert my image.

3) The Insert/edit Image button/icon is a li'l tree in a landscape sort of picture, to the left of what looks like a film strip (for the younger folks, this is what the dinosaurs used to record images before digital movies came out). Click on the tree icon.

4) You'll get the Insert Image box coming up. In the blank space, Paste (Ctrl+V [for View, I guess, since P was already taken for Print]) your URL info into that blank space, then hit the Insert button.

5) Voila! It's like inserting an image into Word, apparently (I waaay prefer using WordPerfect for any word processing), in that you can now type around it and what-not, whatever you need to do with it, pretty much. It says it's an "Insert/edit image" button, but I'm not sure how lasting any edits with that would be. :-/

And thanks for answering my question about the windows! :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Had to dust off an old program but here is a pic. I've really got to learn how to crop :confused:

/chuckles ~ I logged on the wrong toon, she is to short to look out the window :p but you get the idea.

[IMG]
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I usually do a lot of tweaking in my screenshots in MS Paint before getting them anywhere near DeviantArt as a submission, but whatever works. :)

Looks good! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Thank you, I am glad you like them:)

I will be holding off on buildings for a little bit..but likely the next one down the pipe will be a ...well cant give that away just yet.

Would anyone be interested in "ruins" or ruined pieces or sets. I made a scene in Unreal a few months ago i may convert some of the building pieces into EQ2 Pieces which would take a bit of work.
    elflover, Feara, Febrith and 3 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, it would definitely make the Oakmyst Forest prestige place look more "lived in"...though you could say that about any place, I guess! :D

Even the fancier places with the big yards can always use a "folly" of the sort rich folks used to set up in their manor grounds. ;)

Uwk
    Febrith, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Would you please send me just a teeny tiny bit of talent?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Hells to the yes - I would LOVE this - I've made my own ruins but they still looked a bit "bombed" rather than elegantly decayed so would snap them up!
  12. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

For April 1st - The Distant Traveler's set

[IMG]
    NrthnStar5, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 5 others like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

14. elflover Well-Known Member

That is a nice set :D
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Holy sin frijoles, is that a TELESCOPE on the end table? :eek::D

Take my money! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Mine too!
  17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

We need to let the Devs know that we are not happy at all about them not taking any more submissions from our artists moving forward. Apparently, the stuff that is already on the marketplace will stay, but no more new stuff. Less and less being offered to decorators. The value of membership keeps getting smaller because now the DC is not much use cause I used it specifically to purchase items from the player studio. I don't raid so I don't need that stuff.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WHAT?? What the hell?? Why not?? Do they have to pay the artists up front for a submission, or what? Is there "too much" of it "cluttering up" their cheapie-weepy server farms (is that what you get for buying/renting cheap, devs; lower capacity?)?? :mad:

Put that up on the Wish Lists, too; those get read as well, even by the devs. :-/

Where/when did they talk about this? Twitter? Dispatch/Destruct/Dis-whatever the hell it is? >:-/

EDIT: Ah! Finally saw something on it in the Player Studio forums; they won't be accepting any new artists coming in for awhile, starting way back in late March. Still a bummer, but apparently that will help them with their rather massive backlog. :-/

Uwk
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

I made and had it approved quite some time ago, a chicken coop building. I guess even though that was already approved, they decided to go forward with yours instead of mine. (previously, when I submitted something which was similar to something another artist already had approved, they declined my item saying another artist had already submitted something similar.) I guess they get to change their minds whenever they want to.

BTW, are they animating your chickens? That would be cool if they did. :)
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member