Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Hm, that is an interesting issue, I normally make Cage-Normals. So unfortunately I don't have much advice for that particular issue.
    Rawl likes this.
  2. Sidharrah Member

Ooooh that is a lovely door!
    Rawl likes this.
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

No problem. I think it was somehow a corrupted file family.

And thanks Sidharrah, glad you like it :) maybe it will show up on SC someday :)
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got some feedback last night from people on the Antonia_Bayle.homeshow channel which resulted in me redoing the textures for the door. I've inserted it into this picture so you can see what it will look like, if they approve it. I think it looks pretty nice, I'd buy one for my Halfpint Delight Island. :)

[IMG]
    TarnaX, Miamya, Finora and 5 others like this.
  5. Lizabethan Active Member

Now that color is fabulous! Yes! Great work Rawl. :)
    Finora and Rawl like this.
  6. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Oh, I love both doors! Please tell me you'll be submitting both version to SOE? Because I would definitely use the green door.
    Rawl likes this.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

I submitted the natural wood color one today. Let's see what happens with that one. If they approve it, I am ask them whether it is okay to submit the green one, or whether they could just tint the one I submitted to other colors.

And, Thanks A LOT! I appreciate your interest. :)

On a prior topic, did you send an email to that player stuido email address I provided in a prior email? If so, did they respond?
  8. Sidharrah Member

As soon as that door is approved, and it had better get approved (!) I am sooo snapping it up! The recolour looks fantastic and fits so well, that if it comes out in the original green as well I'm going to have a heck of a time deciding which one to use!
    Finora, Karrane and Rawl like this.
  9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Seems obvious to me but don't doors have two sides, natural wood outside, green inside :D
    Cyliena and Rawl like this.
  10. Rawl Well-Known Member

In order to have the highest detail in the color map, (what the item(s) look like) I overlay both sides of the door onto the same space. In order to have both sides different, it would require the image resolution of each side of the door to be at least halved. So, sorry, with the technical limitations in place, I have to make both sides of the door identical.

FYI: the whole color map is only 512 pixels by 512 pixels. Within that space all parts of the model have to be laid out, so if you make the mesh (like the skeleton or frame of the item,) which the mapped images wrap around too small, you get a less detailed image on the item surface. I hope that makes sense.
    flameweaver likes this.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

They have already stated they are not accepting recolors currently as it would pointlessly flood the market. That was from the Player Studio Forums, I still really want to hear back on my spear... that has been sitting at VALID level for almost 2-3 weeks now :(
    Rawl likes this.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

To anyone here who knows things about Sewing the UV-Wrap (that is the technical term for what Rawl is trying to say) is much like the fabric you cut out for a shirt. it looks really odd when laid flat but when you stitch the seams together it makes a shirt, the same goes for a model.

Here is an example of that. I pulled this from Imageshack, I do not own this model nor image.
    [IMG]
    As you can see the upper left and right "flats" are the legs and the lower ones are the arms. The midde is the body and or face, though it's not how I do unwraps but it gets the point across. Objects in Everquest 2 are exactly the same but we only have 512 x 512 pixel dimensions to work with so it is very limited space. I hope that helps give more image to your description Rawl of a UVW-Map
    Margaret, flameweaver and Rawl like this.
  13. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

No response, and it's a shame about the limitations on recolors. I would so use the green door on Mehryl's halfling vale instead of the brown.
    Rawl likes this.
  14. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

I like those black iron stoves and wanting that 'double counter/overhead cupboard set' for ages.
    the round doors look cool.
    Rawl likes this.
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

Correction: Apparently you don't have to be an approved item submitter to have access to the forum because I have access and haven't had anything accepted yet.
  16. Taemisa Active Member

Not matching the style they have in the game? Why should that be a problem? Lots of things that they do put in the game don't match anything.

I find this reason for declining your designs to be really confusing. For what it's worth I found your kitchen designs gorgeous. I'm disappointed that they didn't accept them.
    Finora, Rawl and Karrane like this.
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

One of the first things I submitted was a Gnomish TP Stand which was not appropriate stylistically. Someone on another forum suggested I make one out of wood, so I rethought the whole concept and created what is pictured below. Back in the old days, people use to use pages from books or other paper products to aid them after nature called. This version is a recalling of what you might have found handy in your private place to attend to nature's call.

[IMG]
    TarnaX, Jazabelle and Afista like this.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

They also used Leaves, it's cute (odd word to use with that subject). If you are resubmitting it let us know how it goes. I have yet again scrapped my Ponytails to remake them, can't seem to be happy with em :(. At least enough to quality to resubmit them after what I got back on the 1st set. Maybe I should take a break from hair and finish my 2nd Dark-Arcane house-set piece, it has been sitting there UVW-Mapped but not textured for weeks now.
    Rawl likes this.
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

Thanks Taemisa.

I appreciate your remarks.

To me, the problem we are facing is them telling us what we want (because for whatever reasons, that is what they want,) rather than heeding the desires and interests of the players who will ultimately buy it if they like it. I've heard on a podcast a person speak about them struggling to make the Player Studio a profitable endeavor. I can see why it is a struggle, because they are strangling themselves with such limiting approval criteria. Eventually, they may understand they are their own worst enemy when it comes to their success.
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

Do you use reference photos of women with ponytail? That might be advisable if you aren't already doing that. Personally, I think you are way ahead of me because I couldn't even do a bald head hair do :)