Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

Others on my Facebook group page have suggested alternate textures for the windows. I may try to submit variations, but not sure whether they would be approved or not. At any rate, I'm moving forward with this texturing for the windows.

I appreciate your interest and suggestions. Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Febrith like this.
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

I guess not that many people like my armored knight :p So, here is a Rose version.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

I'll take half-a-dozen in every colour - kkthx:) xx
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

^what she said.... lol
    Rawl, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Febrith like this.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

oh, btw, I forgot to activate the support bars across the windows, so these pictures aren't correct without those bars in the windows.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

I think this is nearly ready to be submitted. What do you think?

[IMG]
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

I apologize for my delayed input on this item, but I've been really busy with school and didn't see it until now. I think the roof is lovely and the stone textures are beautiful...and please only take any criticism I offer as being constructive as I know I couldn't achieve even half what you have with this item, but the interior part of the windows doesn't really look very 3-D to me.

The exterior looks fine, but the interior actually looks more like it was just painted on. Could you not make use of the grey and black sections and do some shadows to make it look more like it's 3-D? Or is that going to cut into the tri-count too much? Maybe just use a darker gray to indicate depth?

As for the windows themselves, I think the rose vines are lovely but it seems odd having them come out of pots instead of making it a vine climbing up the window as if there is a vine outside the building or something. I do think the concept of the roses being used in the windows is good though, and your roses are very beautiful. :)

I'd love to see another roof similar to this created as well, using the stone of adoration hue of blue gray for the stone work inside and a very dark shade of blue or almost black colored red for the roof shingles.Make the windows in like, the colors you find in a peacock's tail and maybe fanned out similar to that of a peacock's tail? I think that would be absolutely gorgeous.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think I'll have to agree to disagree with you on the interior windows, Merriel; to me, they look quite 3-D, as they appear to be following the curve of the architecture in the upper third->quarter. And I have seen pretty thin stained-glass windows, though it's true they were more modern than medieval, where they'd probably have thicker glass. /shrug

Either way, it looks cool! I'm torn between liking a more abstract color representation (though that wouldn't be terribly medieval at all unless you're talking about in mosques, where depictions of people or animals is taboo) and windows and roofs for every deity we have on Golarion. :D

Uwk
    who definitely saw the original knights as being Mithaniel Marr-worthy :)
    Karamella, Rawl and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Rawl Well-Known Member

The lighting for my pictures doesn't show off the normals map effect like it does on the exterior, they are actually both identical, so what you see on the outside is also what you see on the inside. I am a bit limited by the texture map size and therefore I chose to use a simple pot. With 512 x 512 pixels, you don't really have a lot to work with when you consider the texture for the windows is a little more than a quarter the size of the whole texture map. (128 x 128ish).

Thanks for your suggestions. I've gotten quite a bit of feedback for variation on this item idea, one was to make holes where the windows go, and make the windows separate, so you could have different window textures in each window hole, if you wanted it that way. Then of course, I'd make various windows that would fit perfectly in there with different designs on the windows. (I don't know how much of that the devs would approve though.
  10. Rawl Well-Known Member

So far, I've tried 3 times to submit this item. Each time I am getting an error message, even though I've renamed the files, and recreated them 3x so far. :( I sent an email to Daybreak, hopefully, they will get back to me about how to proceed.

[IMG]
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

We need a "LOVE" BUTTON!
    (We also need more NEW stuff added to the Marketplace more OFTEN! Not just every 6 months)
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

Tried again, didn't go through :( I think their submission system is broken :*(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I like the array of buttons they have on Facebook these days... :D

Uwk
    who completely agrees with all of this :)
    Rawl and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh, I understand. Hmm, the suggestion given to have the windows a separate item is good too. I like that idea.

Uwk, I know that different computer systems show the graphics differently based on the graphic settings, so my guess is that what you are seeing and what I am seeing is due to the differences in our graphics settings. It sounds like that is a moot point, now, however, as Jerry explained that in game we would really see basically the same thing inside that we see outside, so it would definitely look 3D there. :)

Wow, Jerry, I wonder if the submission button is broken or if it's working as they 'intend' it to, in an attempt to move away from PlayerStudio. I, for one, will be extremely disappointed if they do so, but the lack of additional PlayerStudio items being added to the marketplace as of late, makes me wonder if it isn't so.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, say it isn't so! That would suck, indeed; the only time I have holiday items still available when I'm not in the holiday any more is thanks to Players Studio, and I'd venture to say that the grand majority of our house items in general (maybe not our Appearance items, but our house items) are player-made. Certainly, the "big ticket" stuff I get, other than the nickles and dimes I spend on the occasional Building Block, are almost always from Player Studio. :(

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Some sadness from an article over at MassivelyOP:
    :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

I hope they don't end the Player Studio program. It seems to me, (without knowing anything about the financial aspect of the program,) that the program has the potential to make more money than it costs to run it, given it has intelligent and business savvy staff overseeing and managing it. I know you can't make money on stuff you don't offer to the player public, and there is ALOT of stuff just sitting there, having had "Complete" status for years (which is true for some of my items.) I've gotten the impression that Daybreak could do a better job of getting Player Studio stuff to the marketplace. Without it being available, no one even has the option to spend their money on the stuff they've asked me to make for them, which in many cases has been "Complete" status for a very long time.
  18. Karamella Well-Known Member

Anyway I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Rawl
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm really beginning to look at Massively with a jaundiced eye; they've had a lot of articles recently about how Daybreak Games is gonna die any second, and I'll believe the folks in charge of the game first before too many third-party sources. :-/

That having been said, I do hope they at least assign someone else to handle Player Studio; hopefully someone with some sales experience or something to be able to promote it better and not too Vault-happy. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Rawl like this.
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

I was able to get to "valid" status on this new roof by using the old submission form and process. Let us hope this and all other Player Studio stuff moves forward to the marketplace. :)