Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is the beginnings of the second variation for these items.

[IMG][IMG]
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Well, the Powers shouldn't whine too much about "variations," since one's in marble and the other in wood. :)

Uwk
    Rawl, Rosyposy and elflover like this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

Jerry, that is absolutely fantastic! May I ask please, will the black grunge area's appear on the same side of the wall sections on the back side as they do on the front side? (Appears to right on front side, appears to left on backside.) Am thinking it would be better if they are, so that you can flip it around and match them up to each other if you want to use two sections together.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

I think I am almost ready to submit this version. What do you think?

[IMG]
    Merriel, Karamella, Kloo and 3 others like this.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

What you are seeing in the picture is the effect of the lighting I set up for taking these pictures. there is no "grunge" there, it just looks that way because of shadowing caused by the lighting set up. :) The way the lighting is set up also causes the image on the left (for the recent picture I added above,) to look lighter than the one on the right, partly because of the light reflecting off the semi-smooth surfaces.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Plus, from what I understand, the devs won't accept anything that looks too "nice," "good," or "new." :-/

Uwk
    who, nonetheless, has bought quite a few nice, good, and new looking Rawl items :)
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh, I understand, Jerry. Thank you. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got a request to make a corner section for these walls so here is what I'm working on.

It wasn't a simple task to make this corner from the other pieces, but here is how it is coming along so far. :Since I already submitted the marble version, I'm making this to go with what as already been submitted. It is probably a good thing I made this item, because you can't put 2 90 degrees from each other and get a corner because of the various different wall planes on this item.

[IMG]
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Very nice!
    Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted these items to Player Studio for EQ2. I requested for each of these items they include 4 for the 350 DBC price.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yayy, here's hoping they get approved! :)
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

The lighting on this example is sort of messed up, that is to say, the way the colors look isn't exactly what the texture colors are, the main colors are copper colored, (light and dark).

This is suppose to be sort of Gnomish, but it isn't exactly that because no gears (yet).

[IMG]
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

That will certainly go well with some of the reddish toned woods in game, and would make a nice contrast to some of the darker or lighter colored building blocks too. :)
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Totally! :D

Would it be too much to hope they'd get it okayed before this year's Tinkerfest? ;)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

It was suggested I make it more Gorwynish, so that's what I'm gonna do. The design on the bottom panel is more gorwynish than gnomish anyway. :)
  16. Karamella Well-Known Member

Especially the corner pieces are a great addition. Re-skinning corners cause me a headache. :rolleyes:
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen; you know that corner bit in a small Freeport house where the weird-shaped doorway leads into the second room? Like a mad person, I decided to try to re-skin that corner, floor to ceiling...did you know that even Misty Tiles can scale down to 0.5 (and that it takes more than one might think to re-skin with them vertically)? :-/

Uwk
    Karamella, Rosyposy and Rawl like this.
  18. Rawl Well-Known Member

FYI< I just sent an email to one of the Daybreak Games staff inquiring about the status of Player Studio, and the stuff I've submitted which has had "valid" status for months. If you are interested in knowing, if and/or when I get a reply, I'll let ya know.
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

Please do let us know.
  20. elflover Well-Known Member

Yes please do.