Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Lera Well-Known Member

We need brooms. I know Jerry has the witches' broom, but the crooked handle really only works for NOTD or other limited situations. It would be nice to just have a regular broom, to go with the shovels and other tools we have.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And the mop, bucket, and puddle of water! Yeah, amen. But which variety: pull or push? Or both, with the pull broom also having a dustpan somewhere nearby? :)

Or maybe just the old-fashioned besom, since that would be closer to our Medieval/Renaissance look? ;->

Uwk
    Seni and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Seni Active Member

I have a need for a besom, but all of them would come in handy.

And thanks for the wiki link - educational.. lol :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, it actually does have some use sometimes, but that one was still considered a little suspect, even by the Wiki people. :-/

Uwk
    who's glad instructors make students use more than one source... ;->
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got a request to make a stained glass roof, so this is what I'm working on atm.

I know this isn't exactly what was requested as far as a stained glass roof, but close. [IMG]:) It incorporates stained glass windows which bow in towards the top. I know the picture doesn't show that very well, but maybe once it is further along, it may be more apparent. And, it will be closed on one end, with the other end open as pictured in the upper left picture. That way you can make it 2x as long like a cathedral might be.
    [IMG]
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

I made one of those quite some time ago for Nights of the Dead festivities, but it has a very crooked handle. I think it may still be available on the marketplace. Probably not very many were bought, so they may have removed it too, I don't know, I haven't looked to see if it is still there. I think it was named something like Witch's broom.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

This is above showing the closed end of the roof.

[IMG]
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

There is an 'equip-able' broom, which can be used by burying the mannequin into objects to hide it...but...as I just recently found out, it's not very easy to hide the entire mannequin (mannequin has to be turned upside down and the mannequin base wants to stick out of the wall above the broom) and you're really limited on how you can display it. I suppose you could 'create' a shelf on the wall and hide the mannequin base, but that wouldn't work in the place I was using it. I agree, we do need a broom. It would make things much easier. :D
  9. Karamella Well-Known Member

I agree: we need a broom *nods*

The roof looks gorgeous so far and I can't wait to see it when it's done.
    Febrith, Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Rawl Well-Known Member

I could make a straight handled broom, but considering they declined my garden tools, i.e., rake, hoe and shovel, they may also decline a simple broom too. I could make a dust pan also as a companion item.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I might be able to see why they turned down the shovel (since they have a couple already), but why the others? That's stupid. :(

Uwk
    Rawl, Karamella and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they turn down stuff I make by player request. I guess they think if only one person asked for the item, then no one else will find it useful, which is a narrow perspective. If I make stuff which you all request, I typically only make the stuff that others will want to buy as well, so the potential for sales, at least from my point of view, is generally greater than theirs.
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

After I finish this roof, I will work on making a broom and dustpan. Oh, I just thought of something, do you want the older version of a broom which is round, or one that is wider, sort of like the newer brooms are? I'd still make it look "rustic" like the older kinds of round brooms.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Febrith like this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Either one would work, imo, just so it looks like a broom. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

With a reasonably (i.e., non-"witchy"/NotD) straight handle! :D

Uwk
  16. Rawl Well-Known Member

The shingles aren't the texture I am gong to go forward with, I just put that one as a place holder. I may go forward with the stucco interior though.

Tonight, I worked on the image for the stained glass windows. What do you think? I figured it had to be somewhat generic so it would work with multiple uses, so that's why I picked this sort of image.

[IMG]
  17. Karamella Well-Known Member

Oh yes, that image will work for cathedral roofs and castles/fortresses as well.
  18. Febrith Well-Known Member

Rather than having a figure in it I would prefer something like a fleur-de-lys or the tudor rose,or just coloured glass like the small graveyard window we have in game. Having said that - I would still find a use for this I'm sure:)
  19. elflover Well-Known Member

I agree with Feb, I think a colored glass would fit more buildings but the knight image would work too :D. I do like the shape of the roof and the inside.
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is a view from the inside with the floor 8 ft. below the bottom edge of the roof, with the camera @ about the place a 6 ft. tall person would be viewing it. It sort of looks like the Knights are looking at you because of the way the windows are tilted. [IMG]

:)

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.