Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted this additional wall to Player Studio.

[IMG]
    Mugwort, Ocarinah, Katz and 4 others like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh how strange, my last post in this thread disappeared. Oh well, wasn't anything important, hehe. Jerry that alcove wall is spectacular!
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

I was asked to make one of these by one of my Facebook group members, so first attempt, the tri count was close to 600, but on this one, I got the tri count down below 500, so I thought I'd go ahead and submit this and see if it gets approved or not.

[IMG]
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh cool, a juicer! I love that table with tablecloth on it too...wonder how difficult it would be for you to make a dining table with a runner going down the center that looks like that. Could just 'appear' 3-D'ish, could be part of the normal texture of the item, as long as it's not hanging over the edges of the table. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

The table cloth in the image is just for this display purpose, it is just a flat surface to sit the juicer on. I don't think I can use that texture for an item in game because it isn't something I have the creative rights to, even if it is "free" from the web source, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't allow a table with this texture on it.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have to be that design in particular. Just something like it, that looks like a doily type design, so it looks like the table is peeking up between the holes in the lacy runner. :D

You could maybe use like a kaleidoscope tool in your graphics program to create the design, then make it look like a lacy table runner and because it's on the table, it could actually be a flat surface that just looks 3-D'ish.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Trompe l'oeil is a wonderful thing (though fair warning; the site has cookies). :)

I'm getting pretty good at spotting what's real and what isn't in those, but I have to wonder if it's because of all the EQ2 decorating, where the Art Dept. (and the fine artists of Players Studio! ;->), I have to admit, does a pretty decent job of making 2D stuff look 3D. ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta, Merriel and Rawl like this.
  8. Kokorobosoi Active Member

jerry, I crochet doileys and lace table top items. If i send you pictures of items i made freehand (not following a pattern) would that evade the copyright issue?
  9. Rawl Well-Known Member

Not sure, it would because, previously, I submitted a painting which was created by one of our decorator community people. I just made a frame for it and submitted it. They wouldn't allow it because the painting was done by someone else, so I gave the geometry, etc. to her, and let her submit it to Player Studio, and I released all rights to it to her, so her painting is now in game. :)

In order to use real life things as texture, it take quite a bit of photographic skill to align the camera and item properly, particularly for something like a Doily. (I previously received pictures of doilys from someone, but they are unusable as textures
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  10. Rawl Well-Known Member

The Knight of old sat around a round table, maybe similar to this one. There was no one position which was of more importance than the other, therefore they were united and equally loyal to each other and their King.

[IMG]
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

(I always figured the center bit would be for the pages and squires to do the serving, while their bosses were chatting about "important" stuff ["You should at least overhear the business of the court and kingdom, see what it is you'll be doing someday, so be there." "Yes, Sir. This wouldn't have anything to do with the serving wenches' complaints, would it--ah, never mind..."]. ;->)

Uwk
    Rawl, Prissetta and Merriel like this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Awesome table, Jerry! Makes me want to do a depiction of King Arthur's story. :D
    Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Febrith Well-Known Member

Gorgeous - I'm totally putting flowers in the middle!!:)
    Merriel, Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is the table with basic wood texture, (no detailing has been done yet, nor have I added the specularity and normals maps.)

[IMG]
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Absolutely love these 2 pieces. Cant wait to see them on marketplace.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Rawl and Merriel like this.
  16. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

17. Rawl Well-Known Member

Ready to submit Ye Royal Court Round Table

[IMG]
    Mugwort, Ocarinah, Febrith and 6 others like this.
  18. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

We absolutely, desperately NEED a LOVE button! ;)
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is a chair I'm working on to go with the table.
    [IMG]
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted Ye Royal Court Chair to Player Studio: I hope you all like it.

[IMG]