Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

Well, I decided it wasn't big enough so I made it 1.5 times bigger than it was. which translates into it being 45 ft wide and about 29 ft tall. (The room inside is correspondingly larger as well.) I changed the entrance way structure as well to conform to the pyramid shape. It is well under the 2K tri count number, so hopefully, I can get the texture to a sufficient fidelity for them to accept it for an item this size.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

It isn't a tomb...

(still work in progress, just basic material and block layout applied so far. the inside vaulted ceiling is dark blue where I will add stars. and the walls and floor will have decorations.)

[IMG]
    Merriel, Prissetta, Katz and 2 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's a palace for the dead? ;)

I've heard about how the pyramids looked originally, how the regular limestone was fronted with alabaster and marble and the peak was topped with gold. One wag at Cracked.com said seeing them nowadays, as impressive as they still are, is a lot like seeing the stripped-down remains of a beautiful sports car up on blocks. :(

Nice to see someone doing them justice! :D

Uwk
    Merriel, Rawl and Prissetta like this.
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

Aaaw it sounds wonderful! and I'd also like it just as a pyramid structure - that looks so cool!
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

I hope you like the inside as much as I do. Here are a couple of pics examples. (still got work to do on the outside.)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh wow, talk about a hodge podge of colors! Now we just need a prestige home of Sinking Sands, or at least a portion of it, so we can set up our pyramids in the desert. I'd like a nice flat area of sand to build on, some dunes, and at least one oasis too, and maybe even one of the caves and the dock area. That spectacular dock at the Port and the landing platform for the flying boat would be awesome as well. :D

Edit: Btw, I really do love the walls Jerry. Very pretty color scheme. I wonder if the triangular section above the door would not look better if the stars ended at the line along the edge of the wall, and fill in that triangular section with a solid color...say, like the yellow that is in the smaller triangles along the upper edge of the walls. For some reason, it makes me feel like there is a graphical glitch having the stars in that area. Could just be me, though. Overall, the item really is quite spectacular. :)
    Gretel, Febrith, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

I may look weird in the picture, but when you see it in game, you will understand why it is that way. Because of the way the geo faces are laid out on the texture map, I am limited as to the way I can texture certain parts. I had to do a lot of re-arranging to get it to look this way. :)
  8. Febrith Well-Known Member

Omg I absolutely LOVE it - I so hope this is approved and is on the marketplace for us to buy soon.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One wonders; they'd approved Jerry's newest Tinkerfest stuff, and I don't think he got any of the free samples, let alone on the Marketplace? :-/

Uwk
    Merriel and Rawl like this.
  10. Rawl Well-Known Member

I communicated with the staff and was able to be awarded the items I made. which were recently added to the marketplace. But, so far, they haven't added the stuff we made for Tinkerfest. I don't know what's up with that though :( BTW, they DID add one Player Studio Artist's item with Tinkerfest theme when they added the few items I made which are not related to the Tinkerfest festival.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted this to Player Studio.

[IMG]
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I swear, they're seriously allergic to making money... :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta and Febrith like this.
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got a revision request wherein he wanted me to stylize the base because it looked too much like it came from EQ1 before. So, this is what I've done. He also wanted me to make the steps curved, but that would entail a complete redo of the UV unwrap and maps layout, so I'm not going to do that. If he thinks these changes will increase the sales, I believe he is in error, as I was told by a member of my FB group, these changes make it less suitable for a wider array of decorating schemes, and I believe her.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Could you have maybe done the same design, but in the same sandstone color that it was before? The design would have been different, but still the same color scheme. Although I must admit that I actually like this revamp, but I do agree, it will limit the choices of where you could use this at.

Edit: An othmir band with the othmir flute, drum, and some other items is what comes to mind when I see this stage. :D
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

Revisions done and ready to be submitted. I hope this is "stylized" enough [IMG]:) But most of all, I hope you all like it enough to spend your hard earned money on. [IMG]

:)

[IMG]
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Undah da sea
    Undah da sea
    When de sardine
    Begin the begine
    It's music to me..." --Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Uwk
    ("And o dat blowfish BLOW!")
    Merriel likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, not sure what I was replying to with this one, but it didn't work...or it was a double post. X-P

My apologies...but I liked your response, Merriel! :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Rofl, Uwk, reminds me of when my daughter was only four years old and that movie was the hit of the season. I made her Halloween costume and she went around as the Little Mermaid, and she played in that costume for a long time thereafter. I also took her and her best friend to the Disney store (which was shut down about two years later), and they met Ariel and Prince Eric there. They were both ecstatic. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

I'm not feeling it for the swimming pool deck I started on a few days past, so I started working on this Victory Arch which will have pictures on the sides.made of mosaic tiles, that is if I'm able to come up with something that looks cool. I'm guessing it may be somewhat colorful, but time will tell if that comes to pass.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could look up images of the architectural designs used to create many of the arches/walls in the Alhambra in Spain. They are very ornate, sometimes carved from ivory, sometimes mosaic's using small colorful tiles, but they are absolutely amazing and beautiful and might give you an idea for this arch, Jerry. Of course, however, images can not do enough justice to portray what they look like in real life. I was just a teenager when we visited there, but I've never forgotten just how beautiful everything was in that place.

Edit: I can picture those stones that form the design just above the arch being painted red and white like a candy cane. That was from the Mosque influence that much of the Alhambra was designed with/for.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.