Player Guild and Faction Rewards Revealed!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Suleman, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Mermaiden Guest

To obtain status rewards:
    For guild level based rewards, your guild has to be at least of the level mentioned in the first post in this thread. Then you go to a city merchant and you'll see the things you can buy. To buy them you need status points which you'll earn if you do city tasks/writs, heritage quests, and/or tradeskill writs.

For the faction based rewards,
    you need to do enough writs (tradeskill or adventure) for one faction to earn the ability to buy things. Here you can find a list of all those you can pick up the faction writs from:
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=gld&message.id=346
  2. ARCHIVED-Rianne Guest

Anyone have SSs of the guild level 15 paintings... Rivervale remembered and Servants of the Storm? I love paintings but hate wasting status on ones that I might not like.

Thanks All.

=)

Ada
  3. ARCHIVED-Cetella Guest

If you raise faction with one group high enough to be able to buy items and then begin raising another, is it possible to loose the ability to buy from the first group? In other words once your faction drops below amiable again will the faction merchant stop selling to you? Or is it set up so that once you open a merchant it stays open?

I really hope the last is true=)
  4. ARCHIVED-Arbrelax Guest

I’m having an issue with one City Writ for the Concordium (Qeynos Mages) – Followers of the Fang – First Tier (Level 11 – 14) Quest. Problem is I am now according to messages on completion receiving only NEGATIVE Faction hits for the opposing guilds and no Positive hit for the Concordium itself!

I first noted this today and then a review of my log files indicated it started on Tuesday April 12. Not after the patch – I had done a quest where I did get the positive hit but then the next one I did that day only received the negative hits (at least according to the message) and all since then have been the same.

I don’t think all Concordium writs are broken as I have another toon who is doing Thundering Steppes Writs (Wave after Wave – Levels 21 - 24) and he still gets the positive faction message.

Details:
    - Toon in question is level 14 and had been on Exp Disabled to stay at level where could get these quests. I was grinding them out to attempt to reach what has been posted that indicates that you need 140 – 150 writs from one of the Factions, without doing any other faction quests (to avoid the negative hits) to get to amiable and open up their faction rewards.

Based on my sketchy count I believe I had done around 100 or so of the Followers of the Fang quest when this issue arose. (Can’t be sure on number – estimated based on the amount of Status Points per quest I was getting).

- My Guild is at level 18 and AFTER the writs stopped giving Positive Faction it Dinged to 19.

- When I noticed the problem today I chose the other Tier One Writ (Killing Darkpaw Soldiers) and did that one. Still No Positive Faction Hit.

- I did another Wolf Writ with the Combat Exp enabled (to test if that was the problem) and still no positive faction.

- I have not reached amiable yet as Mage faction merchant still is only offering to sell me torches. I am not sure if I have done 150 writs for the Concordium but it is really close – I have done AT LEAST 140 now.

I did submit a bug report but was and reported the text but was unable to get the darn petition button to light up so not sure if anyone at SOE will see other than here.

Anyone else notice this? Unless a Developer reviews this and cares to enlighten us I can only wonder regarding the following:

1) Is there a cap on the number of writs you can do at a certain level writ and still earn positive faction? I can see this from an anti-grind perspective but that’s not consistent with allowing us to continue to slaughter grey mobs for body count titles such as “Hunter of XXX”.

2) If we are not going to get positive faction IMHO there should be some message telling us that we no longer get a reward (like the “No experience for disabling exp” Message) so we don’t dig a hole with the other factions for no benefit.

3) Maybe the Tier One Concordium Writs (neither one is giving positive faction to me) are just broken. Anyone else done one recently and received positive faction? While it may seem that I have time to spare for grinding :smileyvery-happy: I don't have any other toons in the level range who have not been grinding on the writs to do a test to see if it really is a cap.

Anyone have any similar experience with Concordium or other Faction's writs? Any insights welcomed.
  5. ARCHIVED-GamertagDoz Guest

I'm also having an issue similiar to yours. What I thought was, once you can no longer gain positive faction you can go to the faction merchant and get some faction rewards. I know there are caps, I'm pretty sure they are for every 10 levels. I was sure I went to the right merchant (Qeynos Guard, beside the stairs by castle.) but all that I could buy was a torch. Once I maxed faction status at 14, I turned exp back on to ding 15 but still no changes to that merchant. I did a ticket thing but I was told that he feels my pain and I should ask other players. No one knew in game so I figured I'd ask here.
    What are the requirements to get the first set of faction rewards? I'm level 15, maxed out Qeynos Guard faction status, positive I'm at the right merchant and pretty sure I have the right amount of writs (130-150).
  6. ARCHIVED-Galandoulf Guest

Wow thanks for the info.... Some people have too much time on their hands or they are just danged bored! :smileyvery-happy:
  7. ARCHIVED-marijoy Guest

So heres my question, ive read you can con and see amitable kindley warmly and i ve read you cant. I have done alot of writs not sure how many and to be honst ive never payed attention to what the Ironforge exchange says to me. Can any one tell me what the lowest con phrase is and next and next? So i can see about how im doin with faction. Also once i reach good enough faction do i have to buy a title or does the Faction merchant just all of a sudden start selling stuff? Ans how do i know ive reached this point just keep checking her after each writ?
    Thank you
    Opalessance
    Faydark
  8. ARCHIVED-Certan Guest

What has happened is you have reached max faction by level. This is not your level, but the Writ level, you will have to reach level twenty and have a new writ giver to increase your faction.
    Once you max out faction with one Writ giver you can not advance faction till you advance to the next writ giver although you and your guild will continue to recieve status.
  9. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

What kind of armor (medium, heavy, etc) is the Celestial Watch armor?

Celestial Watch: kindly faction reward list

Member: Celestial Watch (a furniture / title item)
    celestial watch boots (armor piece)
    celestial watch chestguard (armor piece)
    celestial watch handguards (armor piece)
    celestial watch helm (armor piece)
    celestial watch leggings (armor piece)
    celestial watch shoulder pads (armor piece)
    celestial watch wristguards (armor piece)
    "The Eye of Redemption" (furniture item)

Celestial Watch: warmly faction reward list
    Officer: Celestial Watch (a furniture / title item)
    celestial officer barbute (armor piece)
    celestial officer cuirass (armor piece)
    celestial officer gauntlets (armor piece)
    celestial officer greaves (armor piece)
    celestial officer gussets (armor piece)
    celestial officer sabatons (armor piece)
    celestial officer spaulders (armor piece)
    a blade of the righteous (furniture item)
  10. ARCHIVED-Dimgroth Guest

Im having an extremly hard time finding screenshots of the rewards both furtniture item and armor/clothing for each faction, is there a site with most of them? Id like to start working for one faction as ive relied mostly on heritage status for status points and can start a clean slate with faction of my choice. I want to pick the best one.
  11. ARCHIVED-SanJun Guest

I would like to suggest that since the furniture vendors in city proper now contains next to nothing to purchase, that the items decorating the facility be replaced with the guild status paintings so that players could mouse over each and know what they are purchasing prior to the actual transaction.

The other goodies like cubes, mirrors, harps, etc. could be placed in the same facility.

On second thought it might still be helpful for players to see furniture that carpenters can craft from the facility, but perhaps a door to the cellar in the furniture shop that might contain a city merchant with all the painting, objects, etc. displayed. I couldn't begin to list the /tells and /gu's I've seen asking about which painting is which and what does the harp look like? and which armor is the shiny armor? etc. :)

No complaints--just a suggestion

Thanks,
    Kalen
  12. ARCHIVED-observer Guest

Please sticky this SOE!
  13. ARCHIVED-Portaldweller Guest

Yes I just recently started a guild on the unrest server called the Eclectic Sentinels and we have attained Level 1 and have not recieved any items......How do we claim the items that our guild is supposed to recieve....Please feel free to email me at Portaldweller@msn.com
  14. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

What items were you supposed to receive ? If there's anything you open up as a lvl 1 guild, you have to buy it. You don' get anything for free. lol
  15. ARCHIVED-Solbabe Guest

Thanks for the list of items available, very helpful :smileyhappy:
    I've trolled my way through 7 pages, and I am sorry if I've missed it, but could some kind person tell me who the Merchants are that sell the armour and house rewards for each of the Factions, thank you :smileywink:
  16. ARCHIVED-CrypticFirefly Guest

I do understand that in general status is for people in guilds only. However, I was wondering if there is a plan for there to be some way for people not in guilds to gain personal status or something similar? I don't feel comfortable joining a guild because my gaming time is sporadic-- I don't want to disappoint people who may be counting on me. On the other hand, there are some things in the game that I would like the opportunity to someday earn, even if it takes me far longer than it might someone in a guild.

Anyone know?
  17. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

One option is to create your own guild. You will need to find a few people to group with to start the guild but you don't need to make them guildmembers. Once you have set up your "guild of one", you can proceed to earn and spend status as you wish.

It might be worth looking for others that also don't want to be in a guild who might also want to join your "non guild" in order to earn status. If you turn off guild chat, it would be just like not having a guild.

Another option would be to look for an existing guild comprised of casual players that don't expect you to put in a huge time commitment. There are lots of players out there whose playtime is sporadic.
  18. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

Does anyone know what the Qeynos five room houses will cost at guild lvl 30 ? I just got that message telling me I have too many house items and I live in a three room house. :( I know there's no way I will ever be able to afford a five room house if tis 25/50p and 4mill status just to buy it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cheshirepezkat Guest

Cost of a 5 room house in Quenos at guild lvl 30:
    to buy=
    24p, 57g, 60s; 4096000 status
    upkeep=
    2p, 45g, 76s; 204800 status/ week

sorry moon :smileysad:
  20. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

That's what I figured. :( Thanks, Cheshire. Guess tis time to writ my **** off.