Player Guild and Faction Rewards Revealed!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Suleman, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Miroz Guest

still in game. not faction based but available to all members of level 30+ guilds for coin.

sayeth the Wise Suleiman:

"The following new mount types will be available for purchase by all of the guild members for coin in North
    and South Qeynos:

In the Three Towers in South Qeynos - maj'dul enchanted scroll (mount whistle)
    In the Temple of Life in North Qeynos - spirit steed summoner (mount whistle)"

Miro
    Officer in Exile
  2. ARCHIVED-Hassin Guest

Why aren't their clothing rewards at the lower levels that can be usable by all classes? I can only wear Very light Armor and the clothing rewards for guild level one and five are Light Armor.

I can understand the rewards that are faciton based being flavor based to that particular faction, Guards of Qeynos faction giving heavier armor types for example, but I'm talking about the guild level items. Since these are just clothing to be worn around town for flavor set them as Very Light Armor and let all of us wear them. Make them appear as "around town" clothing instead of armor and that way the flavor isn't ruined by having mages wearing inappropriate armor. Or add Very light Armor options as well as leaving the Light Armor that currently exists.

On a side note, my mage gets tired of wearing a robe all the time. While other players looks change on a regular basis as they upgrade their individual pieces, my look only changes when my chest piece changes. Have you ever thought about letting mages wear cloth shirts and pants instead of robes all the time to give us a little bit more variety?
    Message Edited by Hassin on 01-02-2005 09:47 AM
    Message Edited by Hassin on 01-02-2005 10:25 AM
    Message Edited by Hassin on 01-02-2005 10:58 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Valizak Guest

If you leave a guild, does your faction with, for example the arcane scientists, reset? or does that stay regardless? I would think it does. And on that, do you lose the status points you have? so should you spend them up if you going to to leave a guild? Thanks to whomever responds.

Valizak Ultramind 65 Enc, tunare, retired Aug 2003
    Valizak 33 coercer, Mistmoore.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tanyla Guest

I know you lose your points when you leave the guild ..... just as the guild loses all the points you put in.
  5. ARCHIVED-Valizak Guest

Tanyla, I thank you for answering. Does anyone know the answer to the other part of my question, this is the most important part for me, I have done so many Arcane Scientist quests, that I dont want the faction to reset. Anyone know if the faction does? I would certainly hope not. I understand the points going away. Well thanks again if anyone replies to this, and thanks again Tanyla.
  6. ARCHIVED-Grunarch Guest

Your personal status resetting is a bug - if your faction with that city guild resets too, that would also be a bug.
  7. ARCHIVED-KagnarLOH Guest

Ok, quick question... The guild I am a part of has had all the patrons concentrate on getting writs from the Celestial Watch, because we want to build our guild faction with the CW. Now....as I have been reading and understand it..faction is a personal only device and not a guild device. Could I get any clarification on this?

Thanks
  8. ARCHIVED-rensu Guest

It's personal. There is no such thing as a "guild faction" in the in-game mechanics.
  9. ARCHIVED-Grunarch Guest

see here, under the FACTIONS section
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/news_archive.vm?id=334&section=Development&month=current
  10. ARCHIVED-KagnarLOH Guest

Thanks guys.....helps a lot.
  11. ARCHIVED-FrozenEnzyme Guest

I just hit Amiable with the Qeynos Guard...

The title is "Squire"

And here are the pics
    Guardian Weapon Rack
    [IMG]
    "Sir Lucan"
    [IMG]
    ornate chessboard
    [IMG]
    And of course...me ...the squire....with my squire...hahah
    [IMG]
    Now...the thing that confuses me...I only got discovery credit for "Sir Lucan" (worldwide) and none of the other items (not even server)
    So...did someone else (on my server) hit this faction level before me and just not buy that one item (which makes NO sense to me), or is this discovery list bugged? I can't check the item database because I'm cheap...so if anyone wants to look for me I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Message Edited by FrozenEnzyme on 02-08-2005 04:47 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-SeamusX Guest

Any nice or significant changes after the patch?
  13. ARCHIVED-bunnee Guest

OK, I"ve been searching all these guild threads trying to find an answer....

Does any guild member's writs contribute to guild status? Or do you HAVE to be a patron?

and did I read correctly that you can only BUY stuff with your personal status, if you are a Patron? If this is true, I have a lot of personal status that will be worthless unless I am a patron, correct?
  14. ARCHIVED-Grunarch Guest

After the 1/6/05 patch anyone with status can spend status points. you do NOT have to be a patron to spend anymore.

only patrons can contribute to the guild level.
  15. ARCHIVED-bunnee Guest

Cool, thanks for the fast response!
  16. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

Just as an update, faction merchants still just sell a torch, and there is still no way to check your faction as far as I can tell. I have done at least 75 writs for each faction, and many pure faction runs for Dismal Rage/Seafury Bucs on top of those, so pretty sure it is still broken.

edit: We did manage to get the level 20 guild raid as promised by patch, thanks for the fix!
    Message Edited by Keldoth on 01-07-2005 04:05 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Valizak Guest

I am doing only Arcane Scientists. I quit the others a while back, I ahve done about 10 for them now. nothing as of yet, but I did quite a few for the others earlier on. I will keep this real and check back once a week and update with how many i have done. I will keep track from now on. Starting with 5 that I have done in last 2 days. So we shall see..... Hopefully they dont give me a writ for Ferrott when i hit 35. otherwise you can forget what I just said.

Valizak, 34 coerc, Mistmoore.
  18. ARCHIVED-CheezeBurgerAnimal Guest

I have done 78 writs from the Arcane Scientists
    I am still greeted the saw way by the NPC. The mechant only sells a torch.
  19. ARCHIVED-Coranthia Guest

FACTION INDICATOR DESPERATELY NEEDED.

Been doing writs primarily for The Celestial Watch for almost 460k now and have not even reached the lowest level of items. I also know I am not nearly the highest status on the servers. It is all very well to have factions that are hard to please but we need an indicator NOW. This should be a high priority, if not one of the higest for the live team at this point.

Also there is a bug that can randomly boot players from a guild (and thereby erase all status they have earned) It has happened to members of my guild and the GM's refuse to restore the lost status. I find this deeply upsetting and entirely unacceptable, not to mention unproffesional on the part of SOE. It is a KNOWN bug that affects players under level 25.

Players should not loose all status when leaving a guild and DEFINITLY not loose any if booted from a guild (as has happened to me.) It is not fair to loose so much hard work just because some guild leader is in a bad mood or perhaps just a jerk in general. (IE certain members of The Seekers on Antonia Bayle server)

I have to say that in general I love the game and look forward to purcasing expansions and such, but there are definitly issues that must be addressed immidately.

Thank you,

C
  20. ARCHIVED-Coranthia Guest

Darn double post. :)
    Message Edited by Coranthia on 01-21-2005 03:28 PM