Paladin Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Maergoth, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Loki Firestar Guest

an army of rangers would be kind of fun. We would get to kill them on the apposing side instead of them always being dead in the raid window!
  2. ARCHIVED-tsunewolf Guest

Killing rangers is fun, come join nagafen n' I'll show yah :p
  3. ARCHIVED-Anurra Guest

I did not know that a battalion of mobs actually gets summoned in that raid, pretty funny haha. We are still in launch EM.

BUT, with the recent update and the BP issues, I'm sure we all have high hopes for the future of Paladins.
  4. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Lawrs@Permafrost wrote:
    I have attempted Vallon a couple times (still stuck at him down to about 50%). But yah every min or so spawns bunch of rangers yah got to beat down. They can pile up hard if your dps is lacking (or fail at other things in the raid).
  5. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Controlor wrote:
    There os a trick with them.... shame we can't do it :p
  6. ARCHIVED-tsunewolf Guest

No updates from any devs yet?? </3
  7. ARCHIVED-Anurra Guest

Against@Nagafen wrote:
    Nope, they are too busy fixing the BPs from the latest update :)
  8. ARCHIVED-tsunewolf Guest

They need to fix this stuff soon...
  9. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

I had to move the thread off my bookmarks toolbar folder, because it was depressing to check it every day :/ Still no changes.

Died last night through reflect on hardmode generals.. it's not a frequent occurrence, but it did prevent us from killing it that pull.
    Note: I was tertiary tank, on the easiest mob of the bunch and not even capable of reliably living through the AOE.
    30s timer. Reflect the first one, ward/stonewall the second one (usually doesn't work), manawall the 3rd, ward/stonewall the the 4th.. ask for a DI if mine isn't already down, reflect the next, manawall the next. At this point, one of my saves has failed, or my DI is down anyway from running out of stuff. It's entirely possible that either reflect or stonewall or manawall failed to save me, and my DI went down on any of the early AOEs. This happens pretty frequently. If it does, I can't use my ward/block combo and hope to live, because chances are, I won't. I have to exhaust all my priest DIs in sequence until reflect is up, or manawall, and hope they don't get me killed.
    And that's all in the first 3 minutes or so, and the extent of me being able to "control" my survivability. After that, it all goes to hell. Not including the possibility of multi attacks and stuff which, if timed properly, can wreck me as well.
    Very few pulls where I actually manage to live the whole way through (And by few, I mean, none so far.) Thankfully, the undergeared monk app just facerolls the keyboard and does just fine.
  10. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

I followed this thread from the beginning and havn't re-read it for a while, but I don't ever recall seeing a red name post in it... 24 pages long and not a single response... /facepalm Of course if I missed the red name sorry ;) Oh and you know this is not getting fixed with the next expansion in november because if it was something would have been said in here to shut the discussion down. Guess we can look at at least another 7 months of mediocrity.
  11. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Isulith wrote:
    ^^^ Was one of i think 2 red named posts here. This was on page 19 and before that there was 0. So yah not hapening for a while for sure sadly enough.
  12. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Controlor wrote:
    At least we got *a* response even if it will be "workign as intended" once the devs read through this - truefully its the complete lack of repsonce/feedback resolution about pallys which has me most concerned b/c either they "don't care" or are "planning something".... or worse case... they are "plannign something" but for 2012/13 adjustments!
    One thing is clear however there will be ZERO raiding pallys in 2012 if something is not changed and the content continues along the same lines it has been building from since TSO. (large AoEs/Frontals which can regually kill the MT/OT). Guilds will choose the tanks which can regually survive such attacks.
    Oh and seriously.... what is with the "unavoidable deaths" to force tank swapping etc... they've been around for like ever and its very annoying to have to DIE consiatantly in the script...
  13. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Boli@Splitpaw wrote:
    I do not disagree with this one but, was just saying there was "a" red named response in this thread. Took 19 pages, and that was 3 weeks ago..... *sad face*
  14. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Controlor wrote:
    red name != dev.
    And they only said they will pass it on not if anythgn would happen about it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Boli@Splitpaw wrote:
    Where have i said anything different? Each post was that a red named responded. Never stated a dev responded, or even a dev looked at this page after the red named supposidly passed it on. My original quote of that they would be passing it along to the dev team was to livelyhood asking if a red named posted in the thread.
    As i also said i agree with your statements that IF a dev has looked at this thread it is either "dont care" or "planning something". When they plan to do something I am betting is going to be 2012 MAYBE Jan / Feb at the earliest. This and next month is the new expac (doubt our fixes will be there). Dec/Jan will be fixing BL and broken mechanics the expansion creates (I highly doubt that BL will not be broken in some way whether its being OP or under power). Late Jan / Feb is where they MAY come out with something for us. If not than possibly early spring.
  16. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

Well, troub changes go live tomorrow. Maybe we're the next class balance project? Who knows. Not us, because regardless of whether it has been "passed on" or not, we've been "passed up" enough times that I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, about the "tank swapping" death touches.. that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the line of text under every unintentionally fatal effect that says

Kills target
    ->If Paladin

If every tank was dying to this stuff, and swapping tanks or rotating saves was proper, than that's fine. But it isn't, unless one of those tanks involved is a Paladin. Then it's a necessity.
  17. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

No other class archetype has got to swap or physcially be killed as much as tanks; one or two cases per expansion... kind of annoying after a point.
  18. ARCHIVED-tsunewolf Guest

I give up; it's obvious they don't care about paladins.
  19. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Against@Nagafen wrote:
    As i said i would be truely shocked if we see ANY type of update for paladins before late jan / early feb. If not April 2012.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mangano Guest

After checking once more the aa options, adornments in hopes to squeeze more out of my paladin,
    I /shrug and sign this post.

/sign
    Lupuos
    Paladin on Splitpaw