Paladin Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Maergoth, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Against@Nagafen wrote:
    Both are needed is the problem.

My personal opinion.

Demonstration of Faith - Increase to a 25k ward but make it magic damage only to help with AOE's, this won't really effect Heroic or solo at all since almost all damage is Melee there.

Divine Aura - Will Absorb all damage when the amount is greater than 40% of the targets maximum health. Just because this ability is epically stupid and isn't even really a save with it LESS than 50% of HP. Also gives SK's a little help.

Blocking Mastery - Change to a combat art, 2 min recast.
    • "Will absorb all damage when the amount is greater than 10% of targets HP, Will absorb 2 attacks" 10 seconds duration.
    • Increases casters chance to block by 30%, 1 min duration.

Faithful Cry - Add the below to the list of effects
    • Increases threat priority by 2 positions.
    • Has a 50% chance to increase threat priorty by 1 position every 4 seconds.

Greater ability to deal with spikes with the addition of 2 saves, and the ward. A mini snap to help with snap agro. Realistically I think that will do wonders for Paladins and they aren't major changes to healing mechanics etc or an overhaul of lots of abilities.
  2. ARCHIVED-tsunewolf Guest

I'd rather they get rid of a USELESS AA LIKE ARCH HEAL and CHANGE IT TO A STONESKIN.
  3. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Against@Nagafen wrote:
    That AA is at the bottom of the healing line is the problem. Instead of replacing it with a stoneskin, if you changed the AA to:

On a Healing spell cast:
    10% damage reduction on traget of spell cast, duration 5 seconds. This way all Paladin heals and wards also reduce their inc damage by 10%, also adds utility to the group heal where the group will get a 10% damage reduction, plus it fits with the line and benefits all aspects of play equally be it solo/group/raid.

The blocking mastery change isn't really a loss, a 2 min recast ability you can easily get down to 1 min 30 just with recast amounts on gear (30% block 66% of the time assuming 1:30 recast = ~20% block chance over all). With it at 30% this is relatively equal to 24% constant, especially with the addition of the 2 charge stoneskin and the fact that the 30% block chance will be there when you need it (near the spike you're trying to prevent).
  4. ARCHIVED-tsunewolf Guest

It's no longer at the bottom of the healing line, just another endline now.

EDIT: that aa as described is too powerful, our group heal is 6 second recast so it'd basically be up all the time for group.
  5. ARCHIVED-tsunewolf Guest

What if they changed our AA's in the Paladin tree to convert our heals into wards? Kinda like how wardens can turn spells into melee attacks... just food for thought as it would scale w/ all lv's of difficulty and help us alot more than heals in a raid setting.
  6. ARCHIVED-outmen Guest

Against@Nagafen wrote:
    Still not enough when aoe hit more than 120k in drunder zone.
  7. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

There are tons of creative fixes to our problem, but what it boils down to is this:

We need another reliable short recast save.
    We need more snap aggro.

Coming up with solutions isn't going to make them acknowledge the problem, which is the first step in getting it solved.

Also, make Virulent Ire a toggled buff or something, so we can at least click it off when we don't use it. Switching bows is incredibly dumb.
  8. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Fyang@Unrest_old wrote:
    +1, standard wards won't help, they would have to be very large to act as a save in Raid content which would effect heroic and solo.
    The only ways a ward would cut it and be balanced would be:

1. To have it around the 50k mark and have it very short duration, like 3-5 seconds, with a 1 min 30 recast. This is then essentially mimicking a stoneskin because of the high damage absorption over a short period. It would also need to be instant cast though or at the very least uninteruptable.

2. 50k Magic damage only with a decent duration and similar recast to 1.

@Maergoth, even though I've not seen a red name here I can't believe SOE think everything is fine the way it currently is, more than likely it's just very poor communication, or they simply don't have the resources to do anything much about it so aren't making promises they can't keep.
  9. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Its a lack of resources while trying to push out Beastlords and new Features.
    Believe me, the Devs know that Crusaders need some tweaks...and at the same time they know Brawlers need some other kinds of tweaks.
    But Beastlords first.
  10. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

K.
    Beastlords are done.

I'm not buying the expansion until they address our class issues.

Take that, SOE.
  11. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

I was wondering along those lines as well Maer. Now that the expac is out i know they are going to be fixes in for BL to bring them to where they are supposed to be. However are they going to address our issues as well or just leave us by the road side?
  12. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Ah HA I can reply again!!! (my account is not active but thanks to FTP I can do now :p)
    I'm disapointed not to see even the smallest attempt to tweak broken abilities in the expansion. looking at the extra 20 AA its looking like enhancing literally 4 abilities to be 15% larger or crit 15% bigger. Most classes are already reuse capped so the AA spec for everything but crusader would be a no-brainer.
    /sad face
  13. ARCHIVED-tsunewolf Guest

I've given up on them fixing anything, even w/ the new drunder gear and item reforge nothing can replace the overall better abilities of the other tanks for current content.
  14. ARCHIVED-Anurra Guest

I've solved my problems with the Paladin class, and the game in general, by quitting!
  15. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Lawrs@Permafrost wrote:
    I'll believe it when pigs fly. people cry and moan on video game forums all the time saying they'll quit and most of them stay ingame and just dont whine on the forums.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cyrdemac Guest

Maergoth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Now they start patching the feature pack. When this is done, they will start nerfing the BL and after that..anything else but they won't even touch the Paladin. Maybe they can remove him soon to have 24 classes again.
  17. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

Don't nerf beastlords, just give every other class a neat secondary combat mechanic like savagery, advantages and primals.

Starting with Paladins.
  18. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

OH NEAT

[IMG]

Owned again. Seriously. 5 minute recast immunity to everything but one-shots.. sounds like Crusader's Faith! I'm not even going into all the ways this is awful, I'll do that in the other thread I'm about to make.

These better not be finalized :/

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...42&#5698235
  19. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Tbh that needs to be 3min recast and the line *attacks which would normally kill the paladin are also healed as well". That would make it viable.
    The SK one looks great *if* it was just the AoE taunt; but add in the DR on a shorter recast on the pally and you end up with yet again giving the offensive tank the defensive item. Proving that yet again how little the devlopers understand how the paladin works
    *sigh*... glad I left :p
  20. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

That might be a little overkill, but maybe with a shorter duration. I'm not going to make exact suggestions because they'll never implement something a player suggests directly. Would get bastardized and misinterpreted, resulting in a still imbalanced product :/