Operation Home Renovation

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

[p]Jeehi here too i replied also same day. Hoping I didn't mess anything up.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Cronocool Guest

I put let me restart my account I will get back to ya but I found a debit card so I started back up 2 minutes later lol and replied again with ok it's on. I hope I did not mess anything up either I feel so dumb :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

I did message Grimwell the other day and he said that that is all for now... but if they put a 5 day limit, they really should send a confirmation that we replied... (psst devs... do that for future comps)
  4. ARCHIVED-Minnie Guest

[p]Minnie here from permafrost, I replied last week around the 16th or so. I haven't heard anything back yet. Can't really complain though free is free lol, but it would be nice to know they got our reply. All my letter really said was congrats, please reply within 5 days of this email. I guess I am still waiting for my appointment with a GM. So, I'm just sitting here wondering what's going on and hoping like others that I didn't fudge something up. Congrats other winners :) and condolences to all those who were unable to participate. I really feel the winners of this contest should voice their disappointment that non-americans were not included. I have many good friends that I play with that aren't Americans, and my winning is somehow lessened by the fact that they were not able to enter this contest as well. People have a point. We all pay the same fees, we should all be included in community events. That being said, everyone is welcome at my house, so when I get the makeover please feel free to come check it out, hang out, chat whatever. =) Maybe they will give me a keg and we can all get drunk! ROFL My house is on the end across from broker in South Qeynos, near the North Qeynos zone in and directly across from the stables. Sorry I can't remember the exact address, but tis the very last house there. If your facing away from the North Qeynos zone in, looking at the broker's house, it is to the left. [/p][p]Happy Hunting All[/p][p]Love, Minnie Cooper[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

Got my reply back today. They're coming. I'm kinda hoping they'll put if off until the next GU as we're getting a few nice housing fixes. ..... and the rules do say 6-8 weeks O.O
  6. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

:D Actually, my house will be getting larger with the update so I will have to schedule it then. /waits for a GM
  7. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

Lol. Is it legal to switch residence after you submitted your entry? That makes it technically not the same home, no?
  8. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Guardian what do you mean you got a reply back ?I still haven't heard anything back. What about everyone else?
  9. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

For the convience of everyone, here's the brief email I recieved yesterday: [size="x-small"][face="Tahoma"] Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 11:44 AM Mailed by: soe.sony.com [face="Tahoma"]Subject: Re: Congratulations - Contest Winner [/face][/size] [size="x-small"][face="Arial"]Thanks for your response. A GM has been notified. You will be contacted shortly.[/face][/size][/face] [size="x-small"][face="Arial"]Th[/face][/size]anks, [size="x-small"][face="Arial"]E[/face][/size]Q II Staff
  10. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Now I am worried havent gotten that reply and i replied 3 minutes after getting original email. Jeehi
  11. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

Well if it makes you feel better I am in tommorrow ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Now I am getting really worried , since at least two of you ahve gotten reply emails. If anyone else still hasnt gotten reply. Please post. Jeehi
  13. ARCHIVED-Dragonsword Guest

My thoughts on your legal team is maybe they are way to busy driving their porshe's. But seriously, Australia has Ebay and we dont have any problems with that, cant understand why we would have a problem with S.E. or ingame competitions. Seems to me that your legal team need to be tasked to find this stuff out before these competitions happen.
  14. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Got a reply after sending another message today.
  15. ARCHIVED-cba321 Guest

[p]Being a UK resident I totally agree with the stated unfairness of SoE rules. The major point to be highlighted is that we pay the same amount of subs PLUS taxes to play EQ. If we are not receiving the full EQ2 service then we should be entitled to reduced subsciption costs.[/p][p]In the past competitions have included monetary prizes. This, while unfair that it is for USA only can be seen why it would only apply in the States. However... for this competition the prize is IN GAME items. Its a bit of code attached to someones toon. The same code would be applied to every winner regardless of where they live, so I really fail to see how this is restricted due to legal reasons. If it comes down to SoE rules - change them![/p][p]While I congratulate those who won, it would be nice for the rest of the world to have a chance to enter these competitions.[/p][p]And as a P.S why reward people who do nothing with their houses and dump random items in a room and dont take any care with a house item that theyll probably never look at. If after 3 years of playing a player hasn't any interest in decorating, im sure theyre not going to start now.[/p][p]This is no slight to the people that won at all... but what about rewarding people who DO make an effort?[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

While I understand the frustration of our international friends, lets focus this thread on celebrating with our friends who did win. There are more than two ways to skin a cat, and I'm working on ideas that will involve a wider range of players for future activities. Until then - congratulations again to the winners!
  17. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

[p]I would hope these winners are actually people's mains and not someone alt's for wasn't your intent for this event was to get some to actually take more pride in there home? I beginning to think some of these people that won are juut greedy people that took screen shots of a alts home when these guys have mains and I would bet these guys mains have nice homes decked out and very neat! If I am wrong, ok... but I would hope Grimwell that you actaully checked that out before you chose any winners for it's just plain wrong if someone's main alt get redo on thier alt's home.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

Perhaps they did. Mine is my main. I may be a reletavly new player to this game, but with the way you all are acting, I wonder if they should think about *not* doing these types of fun things if stones are simply thrown at the winners. Perhaps it was a mistake to enter.
  19. ARCHIVED-eqaddict101 Guest

[p]I want to see before and after Pix :-D . Did I miss them are they posted some where?. [/p][p]What items did the winners get? Was it something new or just reg stuff already in the game before this?... [/p][p] [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

No not yet. However, we did just sign a waiver giving SOE permission to use the screenshots so perhaps this is what they will do. Took me 3 days to get my fax machine to work :evil: but mine's in.