Operation Home Renovation

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    I nearly deleted mine >.< An email with the title to the tune of "Congratulations Contest Winner!" screams out spam :p
  2. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

GuardianOfTheDead wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhh! *slaps forehead* That explains it!

I am a faithful Thunderbird user.. haven't launched Outlook in almost 5 years now. And, while I love my email client dearly; John Cleese has more intuition when it comes to Spam. Somehow, email from my mother and my employer are also flagged as spam no matter how many times I flag them as otherwise. *ponders*
  3. ARCHIVED-Kiara- Guest

I see a lot of people slamming Grim for taking a while to do this.
    It's clearly on his mind or he wouldn't be offering apologies and trying to set aside the time to finish things off.
    I see a lot of complaints about him remaining in contact with people over it. He's keeping you in the loop, folks.
    What I'm not seeing is an appreciation for the fact that he is communicating about it. I don't see anyone acknowledging that he's owning his part in the problem or trying to finish things off and make amends.
    I see him getting blasted here no matter what he does. One person can only do so much and yet at every turn he's offering his apologies for the length of time it's taking, dissatisfaction, and any oversights in the matter.
    You're all riding his butt over this but you aren't turning around and giving credit where it's due.
    The man took all the shots gracefully, has tried to make amends, and is still trying to get things done. He's owned the situation.
    So the contest was messy, as these things often are. At least he's trying and hasn't been blowing people off and trying to cover up. How about some props for telling the truth and trying to fix things instead of the usual brush off and sweep under the rug?
  4. ARCHIVED-Crinaeae Guest

Kiara wrote:
    The problem that has been brought up is not that he hasn't been in any type of communication. It's that eta's have been set and not kept at least 4 times in Firesoul's case. His communication and his oweing up to and ignoring his part in this is not what's been complained about, but the sheer fact that something has been promised to be completed several times and not done. I can't really speak for anyone else, but I know Firesoul has stated several times to me, that he would not nearly so upset if he was told something would be done on several occasions, just to have to get back in touch with said person to get another promised date. A simple, Hey, I'm sorry. You're right this is messed up, but I'm busy and I don't know when I can finish this. But I will finish it when I can. And not promise a eta and not fulfill it, would have been much better then promising several times and then it not happen again.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kiara- Guest

So he isn't allowed to be human?
    He isn't allowed to give an ETA (estimated being the operative word here) and have something come up that forces him to reschedule?
    We're all human and fallible and we've all set a target date to do something and had to adjust.
    Give the man credit for trying and keeping his hand in this and not just sweeping it under the rug.
    Just cause it's an internet game is no excuse to not have some compassion. The same thing all of you guys would be wanting were positions reversed.
    He's sacked up and said yeah things are a mess and I'm trying to fix it. Give the man a little credit. He's already been better than most people would be in his position.
    There is no need to keep kicking him when he's trying to do the right thing.
  6. ARCHIVED-BloodKnight66 Guest

See, now the above response is what I actually expected to see before lol. One thing they say makes sense. People should be able to make mistakes without being ripped apart. In this case they were given ample time to set this straight and people were patient. As anyone with eyes (and can read) can cleary see it was not until a few days ago anything was said on the forums about this. So people like the above poster are just looking for some face time and screaming look at me look at me (oh, and throw some stuff my way because I suck up good). Now you want to blast people for voicing how they feel aboout the treatment they recieved more power to you. Just try to not sound like a jerk while you do it and you will not get responses like mine. Many times (specific times) it was said the renovations would be done and they were not. I like others understand people get busy and have lives. Just do not give specific times in the future and things will be cool. That was the issue not that they are not people and are not alowed to make mistakes.
    As for being thankful, Grim knows what I have said to them and that is good enough for me. I did not cuss them out nor was I rude to them. I actually thanked them when we talked until the last time. So if you want to complain about something find out the facts first next time. Or, you sound like you do. An ill informed person that just wants face time. I will not even dignify anything else you might have to say with answer.
    Be safe all
    Just to be fair about this, grim is doing my room today. Thank you Grim
  7. ARCHIVED-Blinn Guest

About time! When's the housewarming party?
  8. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Firesoul and Spyder are complete.

I'm going to loop back at the house where my avatar got drunk, and sprinkle in there some more, but after that things are done.

/wrists
  9. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Thanks Grim! I love the new bar and and the jack-o-laterns.. I suppose playing EQ2 for 11 months drunk has its benefits.. *checks the room for webcams* XD

(Love the makeover.. thanks again)
  10. ARCHIVED-Crinaeae Guest

There are some very Cool items put into Firesoul's room. All of the items are nice, but some are very Cool! I do hope that he likes the items placed there. Thank you for the items in his room.
  11. ARCHIVED-BloodKnight66 Guest

I just saw my place and it looks great! Thanks Grim, you did a good job on it!

Be safe all
  12. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Hey Grim.. I stumbled on the downstairs room this morning.. while I was quite content with the new bar setup.. I was floored to see the hot tub and chemistry table downstairs! Woo hoo!

Take a walk over to Domino and Kirstie's cubes and ask them if they'd like to spend a little quality time trying out the new jacuzzi! ^^