Operation Home Renovation

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Operation Home Renovation 2007
    Embarrassed to have company over? Jealous of the Dark Elf next door with the ****** out pad? We thought so! That is why our professional team of designers is scouring the depths of Norrath in search of a home just begging for a makeover! Help us help you -- tell us why you deserve a home makeover!

[IMG]

How to Enter:
    View the Official Contest Rules to determine eligibility for this contest before submitting an entry.

Submissions should be sent in an e-mail to EQ2contest@soe.sony.com. Be sure to include all of the following information with your submission:
    • Subject of Email: Operation Home Renovation!
    • Mailing Address: (Street Address Apt #, City, Zip Code - Do not use PO Box)
    • E-mail Address:
    • Short description of why you think you are deserving of the home makeover
    • Server name
    • Character name (so we know which house on the account)
    Format: Photos (of in-game house) must be submitted in JPG format. Prizes: There will be 1 winner chosen from each server (North America). Winners will have various pieces of furniture, pictures, etc. (specific items TBD) placed in their in-game house by a GM – essentially they will be winning a home makeover. Contest Rules:
    1. Please view the Official Contest Rules before submitting an entry.
    2. Please remember to stay within the Terms of Service Agreement when participating in this contest or you will be disqualified and further action may be taken. This includes inappropriate names, words, or images.
    3. Within the Terms of Service Agreement, it states that by submitting (e.g., uploading or transmitting) Content to an SOE Communication Feature, you automatically grant SOE the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. In addition, you warrant that any and all so-called "moral rights" in the Content have been waived.
  2. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p]*arches an eyebrow* So you are wanting us to submit pictures of our messiest, crammed packed, "oh! I didn't know I had that!", totally disorganized, bed stacked on bucket, rat infested ingame rooms?[/p][p]For the chance to "win" items to be decided? [/p][p]Hmmm .. [/p][p]----[/p][p]btw your picture link appears to be broken. [/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

KerowynnKaotic wrote:
    *Scowls*

I's resembles that remark!

(Entry sent!)
  4. ARCHIVED-Seltha-Larren Guest

/groan Why is this contest only valid for people in the USA? What about those of us who have messy houses and live in Australia? Canada? Europe? It's annoying to always be left out of these little fun events.
  5. ARCHIVED-Laiina Guest

How about a house decorating contest next.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Seltha-Larren wrote:
    Ooopsies! I missed out on that gem while reading the Official Rules.. I guess withdraw my entry. *bats sad Canadian Ratonga eyes at the Diversity-Challenged contest coordinators* :(
  7. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

My only question is what about homes that are already stuffed with crap? Could use some decorating in my library area I guess. :lol:
  8. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

While ah'm disapointed that the rest of the world got ostracised yet-again, instead of adding more crap to an already overcrowded apartments (shuffling things around doesn't change the fact you have run out of room) how about a free upgrade to a bigger apartment (if applicable) with a free delivery service to relocate your items to your new apartment
  9. ARCHIVED-Alycs Guest

I have tried with both Thunderbird, which I use..and Exploder..which I don't... to read the rules and I keep getting an error page.
    That is what I get below. Am I doing something wrong?
    type Status report
    message /contestsRules.vm
    description The requested resource (/contestsRules.vm) is not available.
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

A note to our international friends. Contests like this are run through our legal department for authorization and approval (since there is an actual prize). There are different ways to do things like this for our international friends, and we do seek out those opportunities where we can find them, but it's not always possible, or concurrent. So I do feel your pain and would love to find a way to host this for folks around the world, but right now that's not on the table.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Grimwell wrote:
    How about those of us who are US citizens living in other countries? If its a legal thing.. do we still qualify?
  13. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    Use a friend or a relative's address that is in the states .. ?
  14. ARCHIVED-AvalonSpirit Guest

"send a .jpg format in-game screenshot of your character's house in EverQuest II "
    silly question here.....do you want those of us with larger houses to limit it to one screenshot or do we send pics of entire home?
  15. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

AvalonSpirit wrote:
    I sent in 3-6 screenshots of my large house in a .zip file with the total being 436kb for the .zip file.
  16. ARCHIVED-SirStormmy Guest

I submitted 1 screenshot. Of the main room.
  17. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Any chance one of the prizes would be a Gnomish Wallpaper Hanger???
  18. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Considering that these are RL prizes... I think it would be rather creepy to have a Gnome in my house hanging wallpaper. I might be able to get used to it if he also cleaned the litter boxes however. XD
  19. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    Pretty sure they're virtual prizes, but yeah, if he did cat boxes and windows I could handle a gnomish wallpaper hanger too.
  20. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

If that's the case, there should be no issues with international players such as myself participating. Local and regional laws only apply to tangible prizes such as cash & merchandise.