Operation Home Renovation

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Crinaeae Guest

My guildie has not heard anything back. And we're all wondering if something went wrong. Especially with two people saying something about picking dates for the renovation to be done, despite the fact they haven't heard anything after that. He has not even heard anything on that. Please Devs. send us some info so we know what's going on.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cateye Guest

I am still waiting to hear also....hopefully we will hear soon
  3. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

Has ANYONE had thiers done? :hunf:
  4. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

5. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

15 according to the e-mail.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nwonknu Guest

[p] [/p][p]Actually, Sony said one per server I believe, and posted the following list, of the 20 winning people on the 20 servers.. [/p][p](here is the url http://eq2players.station.sony.com/contests.vm )[/p][p] [/p][li]Antonia Bayle - Wakichoto Akirameru [/li][li]The Bazzar - Josgar [/li][li]Blackburrow - Jeehi [/li][li]Befallen - Firesoul [/li][li]Butcherblock - Chronojr [/li][li]Crushbone - Cantha [/li][li]Everfrost - Smortak [/li][li]Guk - Caelestis [/li][li]Kithicor - Loascophoo [/li][li]Lucan DLere - Rullar [/li][li]Mistmoore - Aylarra [/li][li]Nagafen - Brutalicus [/li][li]Najena - Ayaka D'Haine [/li][li]Nektulos - Simulcrum [/li][li]Oasis - Lisabethy [/li][li]Permafrost - Minnie [/li][li]Splitpaw - Oskar [/li][li]Unrest - Mehop [/li][li]Venekor - Spyderbite [/li][li]Vox - Barmekk [/li][p] [/p][p]This was a stupid contest, I mean, come on, it was who needed a house makeover most! An empty home or a pile of lowend items in the middle of the floor, would need it MOST.. but why reward someone that has not TRIED to make their home nice? Why not reward people that work their butts off to try to have a nice home, with perhaps a special one of a kind nice item or let the person choose one item from a list, and then give them 1 more special gm reward? Now *that* would be a worthwhile contest! People would all try to make their homes fantastic![/p][p] [/p][p]Kristy[/p][p]Lucan D'Lere server[/p][p]/hugs[/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

[p]You're right. Simply put, I did not put much effort into my house. Honestly, I was too busy decorating OTHER peoples homes to worry about my own. I do cross-server/game decorating. My most recent commissions were Galubot (Crushbone) from EQ2 and Emery (Chilastra) from SWG. Galubot was an interesting project.... My carpenter is a very large Kerran and my client was a gnome about --> I yay high. As such, the house I had planned for myself got put on the back burner. I have not been playing EQ2 for that long, so I do not have all the uber items everyone else has from years' worth of play. I'm extremely grateful that they held this contest as such as it was a level playing field. I did not HAVE to have been here in Dec '05, and March of '04, and have been here when the spires were being built or whatever in order to get that rare piece of furniture to make my home look snazzy in order to win the contest because I have tons of items and good placement.[/p][p] I'm actually curious as to what the other winners wrote in thier entries. [/p][p]Obviously, as others have wrote, these are mains that won, not just alts that happen to have nothing in thier homes and it's just a greedy player wanting more. [/p][p]I realize that not everyone has good decorating skills, so why not help out those that don't? How is that a stupid idea for a contest? And who knows? There will be other contests. Perhaps the one you proposed will be next. [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Oddly enough that Josgar is my half main.... since im trying to get another one going on the Unrest server... However, I beleive that the people who wrote the best stories were accepted. I do remember them saying somewhere that if you can justify it... then you will probabbly win! Oh and it may be obvious that I have not logged in much... thats because im moving and barely have time :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Pictures will start rolling soon. We are hoping that people will like to see the results despite the wait. Waiting stinks. :(
  10. ARCHIVED-Dalwhinnie Guest

[p]Splitpaw - Oskar ?[/p][p]"Format: Photos (of in-game house) must be submitted in JPG format. Prizes: There will be 1 winner chosen from each server (North America). "[/p][p]How did Splitpaw get a winner? [/p][p] [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Ayako Guest

Kristy@Lucan DLere wrote: [p] [/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p] [/p][p]I think you have made many assumptions that are not necessarily correct. You are taking it for granted the definition of "needing it most" means that someone who has the absolute worst house. In my personal situation, I had a 5-room home, that I had worked very hard to fill up. I took carpentry as my trade and worked 70 levels in it, for the principle reason that the house was important to me and it was something I really enjoyed. I made tons of furniture for it. I spent a significant amount of my money buying rares to make the cool stuff. I spent a long time trying to decorate it, but it just didn't have the "feel" I wanted, and I wasn't sure what to do to make it better.[/p][p]I feel that I have tried to make a nice home, and I've put a lot of effort into it. It's just not that great... [/p][p]I think your post is very presumptuous and based on very limited knowledge of why or how the people were selected.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Cateye Guest

[p]Why do people have to knock anything in the first place is beyond me, especially not knowing the scenarios behind them.... [/p][p] I may have an unusual situation with mine but it wasn't like I haven't put any effort into my house. [/p][p] [/p][p]I am with Grimwell though...waiting does stink :p[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Minnie Guest

If you had read all of the particulars, you would have understood how this contest was judged. The person with the ugliest house did not win. It was a part of it perhaps, but most points were won by creating a story about your character, and why your character needed a home makeover. It was essentially a creative writing contest, with the contestants earning points for originality, style, and roleplaying ability. Theoreticaly you could have had a decent home, and still won, had you earned enough points with the judges through the creative essay. If you don't enter you can't win.
  14. ARCHIVED-Djakar Guest

So...... by my count we have three business days left before we should all have our makeovers. I'm just curious if anyone has actually had theirs done yet.
  15. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

I sent an e-mail asking what day I was getting as the days I had picked were gone already. I still have the same 108 items I've had in my house since the beginning of the month.
  16. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

I'm not all the way done yet, and may carry into the weekend, but I'm doing what I can. I had an unanticipated cube move this week (I get a window now!) so I'm working from home. That changes the speed at which I can do things, but I'm still plugging!
  17. ARCHIVED-GuardianOfTheDead Guest

Wootage! Thanks! Grats on your new window :-D Looks like you got a renovation of your own! Sorry for all the pestering, we just get nervous when the crickets start to invade...
  18. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Who gave Grimwell a window???
  19. ARCHIVED-Djakar Guest

it's all good grimwell. i just hadn't seen any activity in this thread in a while and it got me wondering. grats on the window
  20. ARCHIVED-Lisabethy Guest

Mine has been done .... *grin* I must say, I was very pleased with the results ...one area in particular :)