Operation Home Renovation

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

I think you should go read every single country's laws and then make the decision.
  2. ARCHIVED-PsychoKitty Guest

I am amazed that no one has mentioned the fact that if your home is a mess (and you actually care), it is probably due to the fact that most of the bookshelves don't hold books! Not to mention that there are little areas throughout where things disappear into the floor ... and walls, oh and ceiling too. The competition is a great idea guys - although as already mentioned it really needs to be worldwide. But the housing really needs to be in complete working order first. No point in putting a fancy paint job on a car that wont run. And while I am on the topic :) What happened in the later tiers of furniture? There are only a few items that actually match for a start. I am sure that I am not the only one who would really like to see the addition of some new furniture in the not-too-distant-future. Lets hear it from all the carpenters out there! Nearly everybody likes to have a matching dining table and chairs - just look at peoples houses. And of course we also like to have different styles available to us - choice people, choice! I certainly think the poor carpenters could use some added recipes. How on earth can we get that hideous rug (horned I think it is) from KOS and not some of the beautiful coloured plants? I also hear a lot of people wishing you could get a lounge ... perhaps you should open up a competition for furniture design? Now THAT would have a lot of people interested. Anyhow, in my opinion - furniture and housing needs to be fixed first (bookshelves HAVE to be able to hold books guys). And then we can start looking at revamping. This competition seems to recognise that there are a lot of people out there that like their house to look good, surely then there is enough demand to make this happen? Nicole
  3. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p] A little Visual Inspiration for those that may be too embarressed to do this Contest (and because Grimwell never did fix his picture link)[/p][p][IMG][/p][p].... [/p][p]( In my defense though .. I did just buy my house on Sunday .. so I am running from house to house pulling out status stuff before my "free" 7 days end .. lol)[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Furg Guest

/sigh yet another US only competition. Every time I see these it makes me want to play EQ2 less, Whats the issue? Virtual prize, make it no trade and its no different to a vetran reward? bad bad bad SoE Another very disappointed non US player
  5. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Emey@Darathar wrote:
    [p] I'm wondering when this contest will end. [/p][p]Well I understand why it can be US only competition since it involves stuff in-game. There may not be any problems here, but in china or England that could be a law stipulating monetary value on "Virtual" items. Even if the item is no-trade there could be a .01 currency tax on said item. Sure it's a kind of ridiculous thing, but better safe than sorry. [/p][p]Course the U.S. probably isn't too far behind in making it a law where all in-game prizes carry a monetary value (tax). [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Furg Guest

Has there been any competition open to non US residents?
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Emey@Darathar wrote:
    I'm sure if Grimwell had an explanation besides "Legal said so" he'd tell us. While I can't imagine why, theoretically Legal is paid to know International Law better than I am.
  8. ARCHIVED-Furg Guest

The reason I ask is because I have been playing EQ2 since the first week of launch and I cannot recall a single competition that has been open to non US residents. ( please correct me if i'm wrong ) EQ2 has dedicated European servers and large European player base but we feel neglected and second class citizens. Show us some love sometimes please SoE :thumbup:
  9. ARCHIVED-LadyMist Guest

Any ideah of a winner yet?
  10. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Yes, the list will be posted soon. Finishing details and all that. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Crinaeae Guest

[p] Any winner yet? I'm going insane waiting to find out if I won or lost. lol[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Winners announcement will go up shortly. I'm waiting for one last detail (unrelated to the 'who' of winners) and then it's going live. Sorry to keep ya waiting and pensive! No matter who won or lost, I personally want to thank everyone who submitted. It was cool to go through the entries!
  13. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

My home is a complete pig stye, but I take solace in the fact some people have worse homes than me. Course if i'm voted...that means my home must be pretty dang bad. 8)
  14. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Winners announced! Congratulations to everyone who won! Condolences too! Remember, if you entered and didn't win, that means you are doing something right! ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

[p] Ahh well I didn't win course as said I take solace in the fact someone's house is messier than mine. Guess what i'm doing right is spending untold amounts of plat on ebony bookcases and items for my quest journal. ;-)[/p][p]Hopefully we'll get to see the homes as before and after pictures seeing how they have been organized. :-D[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Crinaeae Guest

Ahh, I didn't win. :( I guess my decorating isn't quite as bad as I think it is. lol But my friend won! So I'm happy for him!
  17. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p] WOW! You selected one for each server? I must have missed that in the rules .. [/p][p]So, are you going to be getting some help doing the decorating or are you going to be doing it yourself?[/p][p]I thought you were only going to be doing a couple .. not .. 20 of them .. [/p][p]You're not going to have much time to play your Fae if you're going to be "******* out" so many houses! [/p][p]Grats to the winners! And, MY condolences to your family, Grim! I'm sure they will remember you fondly in the coming months ... [/p][p]8) [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Lisabethy Guest

w00t ! omg ! I'm so excited :) :) *runs amok with sporks*
  19. ARCHIVED-Kalinmoor Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

[p]Sincere gratz to all the winners![/p][p]Was really excited when I first read about this promo until (yet again) I was found "US only" fine print.[/p][p]Surely the rest of the player base outside of the US can be involved somehow ..........[/p][p]Love the game, hate how this happens all the time. [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]