[Official Thread] Welcome Back!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, May 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

SO glad to be back. Appreciate all the hard work to get this back up and running. Did a few trials of other MMOs during the downtime and nothing else comes close IMO.
    Gilasil wrote:
    Also, could we come up with another name for the character flag "Anonymous"? I really don't want to run around with that flag on anymore. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-grammy1 Guest

So good to be back. Other games just can't compare to all the variety we have in eq2. The time off makes you appreciate the hard work put into getting us back up and running. Besides I'm tired of cleaning, sorting, washing windows, painting. Whew that enforced break was a lot of work. Now a thank you to all who have worked to get us back up and running.
  3. ARCHIVED-Charmeine Guest

I am almost in game. Had problems with launcher and used the online help and had to update my launcher

seems to be working

http://launch.soe.com/eq2/
    try it
  4. ARCHIVED-grammy1 Guest

Oh and another thing can we get a mob called "hacker" so that we can kill it!
  5. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Proxopid wrote:
    I second this. There was quite a bit of missed raiding due to this outage.
  6. ARCHIVED-Maxamillions Guest

The new Password system does not use enough special characters like )@*^(, so the old high-security passwords are now broken because they return something like "illegal characters used" on the reset page.

My main account email password reset is now locked out for 24 hours because known issue with certain email providers requiring SOE as added contact otherwise it auto-blocks - this is discovered after a phone call to SOE CS after the lockout.
    SOE Customer Service not allowed to assist on passwords. AAAAARGH!!!

Why did SOE downgrade their password strengths to not allow more special characters?
  7. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

*hugs everyone* So glad to be back!
  8. ARCHIVED-iwillbackhand Guest

Not sure if was asked, or where to ask it but right before the servers went down, the prices in the marketplace on some items were gonna be lowered for a day to stack with the double station cash day. Will this still happen? Kinda had the 1000 station cash for the race change potion that was gonna be 1000 that day instead of 1450.
  9. ARCHIVED-miranda1984 Guest

I've tried deleting the whole Legends of Norrath folder... and its still not working.
  10. ARCHIVED-mikbove Guest

Moonlight Enchantments on Splitpaw don't appear to be working correctly.

In particular I am in the Enchanted Brownie Grotto (Darklight Wood). For some bizaare reason as soon as I zone into it I am automatically mentored down to lvl 7 from lvl 30 as my normal lvl trivialises the zone. no matter what I do I cannot seem to get myself unmentored, unless I leave the zone, however as soon as I re-enter I'm back to lvl 7.
    Also there appears to be no shinies available and I have scoured the place.
    In addition to that I'm currently doing the quest Festive Flowers. I'm at the stage where I have to click on the 8 dancing brownies to give them a flower, however when I click them there are no updates.
    I've not tried out the other zones, but thought I'd mention it here, in case others were having te same problem.
  11. ARCHIVED-screwballtheoneandonly Guest

I am haveing a problem with the launcher I still cant get into the Game . there is no play button wth lol
  12. ARCHIVED-Stormcoming Guest

I to had trouble with the launcher.... I went the back route and have had no further problem... bypass the launcher, go to your program files and find the eqII exe file and launch from there.
    Thanks SOE programmers and company for your hard work to restore all of our sanities!!! I have missed the universe and although I was ready to come back immediately, I am very thankful that cooler heads prevailed and stopped the leaks before relaunching. Everything looks great!!! I have found no glitches with guild or personal toons yet and hope it remains so. For the corporation, I imagine this time has been equally has nerve wracking... your efforts are much appreciated and many thanks for the welcome back incentives!
  13. ARCHIVED-Mustang8259 Guest

Woohoo! Now to dig back out that modem cable that I inject into my arm for a direct feed to Evercrack!
  14. ARCHIVED-Skeez1e Guest

miranda1984 wrote:
    My partner had to delete the LegendsOfNorrath.dll in each of the directories - live, test and an old GB folder he had.
  15. ARCHIVED-Danial Guest

I did'nt know how long we would be down, so I downloaded rift today to check it out. As soon as the patch updated, I realized sony got us up again. Thank you Sony for making a quick recovery so I did'nt have to freakin complain to everyone how crappy anyother game is.
  16. ARCHIVED-Velenda Guest

YAY!!! Oh hell yea it's so good to be back!!
    I tried a ton of MMOs, (well ok I tried one...and it was lame),while you guys were down and nothing scratchs my itch like EQ2!
    I missed you guys sooo much! I can't wait to hop back into the sing of things!
    Those hackers can go raost in lavastorm!

Love live SOE and EQ2!!
  17. ARCHIVED-Aidn0816 Guest

I would just like to provide my humble opinion about the welcome back thing. It is crap and pretty unoriginal. How long did it take to think of giving us city festivals, and double xp bonus? Doesn't seem like much thought was put into it. Glad to be back though. I have been missing eq2.
  18. ARCHIVED-Shailas Guest

ZZZZZZ..huh...wha?
    *rubs eyes*
  19. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Glad you are back up, but really your rewards are a joke.
  20. ARCHIVED-iwillbackhand Guest

i got a 25 day min max duration on the enchanted lands moonlight mushroom portal.