[Official Thread] Welcome Back!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, May 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Maxamillions Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The new password system limits to a much smaller selection of special characters to be used. Fewer characters = less unique password combos.
    ~20 more hours for my eq2 fix!
  2. ARCHIVED-Aidn0816 Guest

Nytetyme wrote:
    Looks like someone has a case of MPD
  3. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

i am happy to be back too, been waiting so long to read eq2 forum once again!
    reading online news with dead osama was getting old.
  4. ARCHIVED-Naidine Guest

I almost cried at the sight of my Warden... I'm hormonal and addicted but it doesnt matter anymore because we're together now

*cuddles EQ2*
  5. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

Ilovecows@Nagafen wrote:
    I think Cuse wants ones that actually work, or at least move on command.
    Wait a minute!
    I'm a Necro, and if I can enlist the help of a tailor, we can do this!
    Granted, it won't be that attractive, and I hope that Cuse likes the smell of rotted flesh. But those are features we can patch in later versions. (Get it? PATCH!)
    *Walks off, giggling maniacally*
  6. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

I'm ready to knock some heads! Gosh, I missed everyone!
  7. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Since the thread was locked I will post here, what is the number of days we are supposed to have paid for our guild halls?
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...499953&#5551978
    Some people get 83 days, we only have 25 days paid, and I had 2 weeks paid before the game went down. The numbers are very inconsistent.
    It is not resolved so closing the other thread wasn't helpful, can we get a definitive official number please?
  8. ARCHIVED-GypsyMomma Guest

So I went to log on today....and discovered that my STREAMING client as well as my regular launcher claim I have a 12.4GB download. No one else I've talked to had much of a download at all, and I had played the day before the outage. I've not touched the files in the meantime. I tried all the fixes I was seeing for the issues people have had today, but I'm very frustrated right now. If it were just the regular cliet and/or station launcher, I could understand. But STREAMING is insisting I do this huge download before I can play. Why?
  9. ARCHIVED-Fearin Guest

Omg so i did what Rothgar said and deleted that LoN file from live and test and i still cant log in. Any thoughts?
  10. ARCHIVED-KusanagiMoto Guest

Fearin wrote:
    Does the launcher come up with an error? I had to delete some additional files as well. Anything the launcher picks out as being uncompressable has to be deleted from your actual EQ2 install i.e. mine had an issue with exp03_dun_hallows.sg.vpk_####.gz and I deleted paks/exp03_dun_hallows.sg.vpk and it fixed it.

ALSO you need to do a FULL FILE SCAN. You can do this by going to "Games Menu -> Game Preferences -> EverQuest II -> Full File Scan".
  11. ARCHIVED-KusanagiMoto Guest

Vrix@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Delete ./EverQuest II/paks/qey_catacomb_epic04_SG.vpk

You'll have to navigate to your EverQuest II install... likely locations are:
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\
    C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II\
    C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\
  12. ARCHIVED-KusanagiMoto Guest

miranda1984 wrote:
    You should get an error detailing what file to delete. Sometimes it's one of the vpk files. Just try and note it down. For reference you're trying to delete the file in the main install, not in the lp_temp folder. Read my previous 2 messages for more information.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Well, I feel like I need to unpack and do the laundry now lol Good to be home.
  14. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Welcome back everyone! I do want to briefly thank everyone that worked to get everything back up and running. I can't imagine what was needed to be done by the various departments.

Anyway, everything on my account seems to be mostly fine. I am curious about a few minor things:
    1) As far as guild hall rent goes, how much did each guild get? We have a t2 one in South Qeynos and got 25 days. Which is enough of course, but I did hear of others getting a lot more. Should I contact CS via /petition and ask, or does every tier of hall get a different amount? Or some other factor?
    2) Also, /browser is a bit touch and go for me. Half the time, it will bring up most of a page then lock up the whole game, and I have to do a ctrl-alt-del and quit the game that way. Other times no issues with it.
    3) I'm sure it is delayed, but any word on when GU60 will be out now? I'd assume in roughly 2 weeks, but figured I'd ask.

Other then item 2, all seems well and stable! And sorry if these questions have been asked already, I must admit I didn't read any posts in this thread.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jathal Guest

My problem vpk's were under C:/Program Files/paks/
    Not even in the Sony folder. I have Windows 7 Home Premium
  16. ARCHIVED-starmea Guest

How long does the welcome back stuff last? is it really only until the 22? I think it should at least be 2 weeks.
  17. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

I can't even get past the reset password page : /

"We have encountered a system error while processing your request.
    Please try again later.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    If you continue to encounter this error, please contact Customer Service at http://support.station.sony.com"
  18. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Good to be home again.. and Welcome back to all!!

Eshaac
  19. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Eileah wrote:
    As far as I can tell, I haven't received any extra rent paid on any of my characters (or if they have any, it's such a small amount as to be un-noticeable). I normally keep my houses paid up for 3-4 weeks anyway, so I can't tell if rents paid for 25 days-ish are part of the welcome back package or not. They certainly don't have a month -extra- paid on them. A guildie got at least a month added to his private house rent as it's now standing at 100 days rent paid (which normally isn't even possible!)
    Also, the small T1 guild my alts are in hasn't received any extra paid rent at all, although my main T3 guild received (we think) a full month. The T1 guildhall had run out of rent before the hack. I'm worried it's been looked on as inactive as a result. Out of all the housing I have or have access to, that's the one that really desperately needs the rental package!
  20. ARCHIVED-Biitt Guest

alrighty....logged in last night and made good progress. Logged out for a few zzzz's. Now cannot log in. Am I missing something here. I have searched everywhere for anyone addressing this issue. When I hit the log in button it goes immediately to the "Error Operation timed out" screen.