Nights of the Dead 2013 Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Hmm... can you find any NotD items crafted at the work bench that don't use sandpaper?

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

Oooh, I guess all NoTD on the workbench are sandpaper. That's.... weird lol But, I guess if it's all that way /shrug.
    Everything else (normal carpenter combines, tinkering, adorning) all uses coal, so guess I was just looking at in in that state of mind hehe

Edit: Not sure why just that recipe stood out to me at the time, but I guess my question now is - Why do these use sandpaper at the workbench? I'm not seeing wood even used in the recipes :p
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A couple nigglies:

Base word is "goulash" (with an "a"), so I'm guessing you'll want it to be "ghoulash" for the furniture item, not "ghoulosh" :D

I can't replicate this on command, of course, so I'm not sure anything can be done about it, but here's the due diligence: The triggered skeletons in both Antonica and Commonlands can break encounter and despawn in mid-fight. It wasn't a large enough sample size, but I'd say it was about 1 in 20. The common denominator in both zones was that I was on a flying mount (but grounded) when fighting, and that there may have been slight inclines of terrain involved. There were no other players in the area, so all triggering was initiated by me.

As far as the sandpaper on the workbench, my fuzzy memory says that it was reported in past years, since the workbench is a coal-using device, but when they persisted, I just sort of shrugged and wrote it off to NoTD magic. :)
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

darn it the bug is still there? hope htey can squash it this time.
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

It's very simple, seeeee, the coal industry was using some really good lobbyists to increase their exposure, but we took 'em out, seeeeeee, and paid some good money to get OUR product into more recipes. I see it's paying off.
    -Sandpaper Lovers of Norrath
  6. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Remember Kaitheel isn't a crafter he is an Event Planner Extraordinaire :) Most good house stuff is made by carpenters so it sort of makes sense:)
  7. Afista Well-Known Member

Except that NoTD items on the forge use coal, NoTD items on the Stove use kindling, NoTD items on the loom use filaments and NoTD items on the alchemy table use candles. It would make sense that NoTD items on the Workbench use coal and not sandpaper.

Is it game breaking? Absolutely not. lol It was probably just a mistake the first year and each year after has just followed suit. It would take more time and effort now to go back and change every recipe on the worktable now that there is 6 years worth of items than it's probably worth though I'm guessing. But the second it starts taking sandpaper for a stove combine I'm going to start a tradeskill riot :p
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Someone forgot to texture ^_^
  9. Senya Well-Known Member

I've not been on test to see NoTD yet, but is the recipe for the Vampiric Mirrors still charges? Assuming that it is, can we please, please, please get this changed to a regular recipe scroll. I've been /feedback'ing and asking for that for about four years now.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, amen. Ever since I started doing these things (since they first came out, I think), the only reward I've been able to get from the Loping Plains mansion has been the charged recipe, in that I couldn't afford to miss out on being able to make the mirrors to get anything else. :(

Uwk
  11. Kaitheel Developer

When you do log in and test the content, you should be quite pleased.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I haven't logged in yet either, but I can guess...WAAAHOOOO!!!!!! :D

I'm prepared to be very grateful. :)

Uwk
  13. Daenee Member

The following illusions have incorrect description text:

Feral Lujien
    Ashlock Skeleton
    Holgresh
    Oggok Ogre
    Undead Othmir

All say... "This potion will grant you the illusion of being a Vallonite warrior." Which is obviously not true.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  14. Avianna Well-Known Member

Thanks for being so active here, it is a warm feeling to know we are being heard and seen by you guys/gals it is appreciated. Even when it is bad news or there is not a lot you are able to do about a subject yet it is nice to at least know you're there and aware. So again, Thank You.
  15. Mophia Active Member

With the altius issue reported, it was happening with him last year occasionally, but we saw it happening with Terah all the time, so he probably got missed due to Terrah!!!!!!
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Please see my posted response to this issue.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

As a work-around, do you think you could make Altius (and the other npcs) pace a bit?

Got the idea from Dungeon Maker, where the same bug happens all the time. If you place mobs on top of something (like a player-made second floor) and they stand still, the mobs drop straight through onto the hard floor of the zone. I suspect they are rendering before whatever object they're supposed to be standing on, and automatically falling to the actual floor.. But if you have the mobs move, even in small circles, they will pop right back on top where they're supposed to be, and stay there.

I suspect the same thing is happening with the in-game npcs, and the same fix will help, because if you can target the missing NPC and hail them, the will pop back into place. Since the npcs turn to face you when hailed, the game is probably rechecking their placement/heading at that time and correcting it.

Now, why the game will drop some npcs through the floor while the one standing right next to them stays where they are, I have no idea. Possibly the fact that these are invariably quest npcs has something to do with it? Do quest NPCs have more data to them when they load than the average merchant?
  18. Mophia Active Member

Ok, found something extremely annoying happening when doing the Antonica race. Was on my defiler, with the SK merc. Now for some reason on this race the mercs chase after your char, and my char got too close to the guards at the end of the bridge, and my merc attacked them!!!!! so I got dismounted from my cloud, and couldn't pick up anymore ghosts while my merc was fighting. Can you please have the merc stay in the one place by the teleport disc or something, so this doesn't happen!!!!!!!
  19. Streppoch Member

A better idea might just be making it a requirement to dismiss your mercenary, like you have to do with the mount. Then it's consistent for everybody (and might take less coding, I have no idea).
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all for the swiftly provided feedback! The following changes have been made and are headed to the Test server:
    • "Large Sacrifical Brazier" is now spelled correctly.
    • "Bowl of Ghoulash" is now spelled correctly.
    • "Ashlok Skeleton Illusion" is now spelled correctly.
    • The Feral Lujien, Ashlok Skeleton, Holgresh, Oggok Ogre, and Undead Othmir illusions now have appropriate description text.
    • A Nightmarish Illness - Altius Volfban has moved to more solid ground at the Nektulos docks.
    • Calcified skeletons spawning in Antonica, Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest more reliably spawn and remain engaged.
    • Players can no longer fight more than one calcified skeleton at the same time in Antonica, Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest.
    I don't know when these changes will be on Test, but they should be listed in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
    Afista and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.