Nights of the Dead 2013 Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Nights of the Dead has been activated on Test server!

Nights of the Dead once again brings goblins and ghoulies out from the shadows. Those inclined to celebrate the holiday through crafting will find a new book of recipes full of new house items being sold by official event merchants. And those feeling more adventurous can hunt ghosts in Antonica, and the Commonlands, or investigate the multiple haunted locations! But be wary of the strange illness that has been reported near the docks in Nektulos Forest and of the headless guardsman that has been rumored to wander the paths of the forest, too!

New Features for '13!
    • New holiday achievements!
      • Closet Full of Skeletons
      • Tricky Treats
      • Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire
      • Nights of the Dead Devotee
    • Headless Horseman Epic X2 Event in Nektulos Forest has been updated (including his loot)!
    • Skeletons (a calcified skeleton) spawning in Antonica, the Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest agro at player's level and have a 50% chance of dropping NoTD treats.
    • Added "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) to drop as loot from Chains of Eternity (Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plains, & dungeons), Cobalt Scar, and Siren's Grotto undead and creepy crawlie beasts. It can either be sold to merchant for coin, or be used in tradeskilling.
    • New illusions added to the Gigglegibber Goblin unpredictable illusion costume.
    • New costume illusions available from holiday merchants.
    • New rewards for some of the old Nights of the Dead Events!
      • "Ghost Hunter" in Antonica & Commonlands (Repeatable) – New reward choice: Cursed Scarecrow Mask
      • "The Haunting" (Repeatable daily) – New reward choice: Haunted Tombstone
      • "This Won't End Well..." (Repeatable annually) – New reward choice: skeletal prowler
      • "There Will Be Ghosts" (Repeatable) – New reward choice: Ghoulish Gravestone
      • "A Nightmarish Return" (Repeatable) – New reward choice: Seeping Shadow
      • "Train to Zone!" (Repeatable daily) – New reward choice: Crow Plushie
      • "Survive the Night" (Repeatable annually) - New reward choices: Bone Bludgeoner or Voodoo Plushie
      • "The Troubling Truth" (Repeatable annually) – New reward choice: Scarecrow King Mask
    • New house items sold by Nights of the Dead Merchant.
    • New holiday recipe book "Celebrations of the Dead VI" available from holiday merchants

Returning features:
    • In-game mail informs everyone of the event!
    • Haunted House in Qeynos and Freeport.
    • Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains that is accessible by all levels of players.
    • Vampire lore and Legend book attainable within the Haunted Mansion.
    • Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
    • Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest! Accessible by all cities and by all levels of players.
    • The “Survive the Night” quest, featuring the flora versus undead zone, offered by Setri Lur'eth in Nektulos Forest.
    • Holiday collection "The Hollow Hedge Collection" found within the Haunted Hedgemaze.
    • Nights of the Dead celebrators in the player cities that give the background to the festivities.
    • Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
    • Undead and creepy crawlie beasts drop "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) as loot. It can either be exchanged for event coin, sold to merchants for coin, or used in tradeskilling.
    • Triggered skeletons (a calcified skeleton) in Nektulos Forest spawn at player's level and have a 50% chance of dropping NoTD treats.
    • Tradeskillers get to create holiday flavored clothing and house items using the "Nights of the Dead treats" as ingredients.
    • Players can purchase costume illusions and other useable holiday themed items from holiday merchants.
    • Neriak has some decorations at the docks, New Foreign Quarter & tradeskill area. They are smashable jack-o-lanterns and pumpkins. This is the only zone that has them!
    • Decorations in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Gorowyn, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, New Halas, Maj'Dul, and Thurgadin Harbor in Great Divide.
    This event content is currently set to run 10/15/12 through 11/11/12 on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Maltaros Active Member

I knew better than to expect it but I was hoping for at least one new quest.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kaitheel. I decided to be a tester-bee this year. Seems I'm always very opinionated. Should put my money where my mouth is and come try and test stuff. Gotta download it first, though..dsl succcksssss.....
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Afista Well-Known Member

Crafted Items Feedback

Crafting Notes
    · Altar of the Befallen – uses sandpaper at the Work Bench
    · Large Sacrifical Brazier – spelling should be “Sacrificial” in recipe and item created

Item Placement & Preview Notes
    *Items appear as a pink cube in preview and when placed
    · Bowl of Chum
    · Bowl of Ghouloush
    · Dangling Skull Collection

Art Notes
    *No art closing off bottom of items – items hollow from below
    · Large Sacrificial Brazier
    · Melting Candle
    · Sinister Skull Brazier
    · Somborn Single Lightpost
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Another holiday without new quests..? :-(
  6. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

As per usual, new crafting is on display in the holiday corner in HoT guildhall:) Will be adding new rewards as we get them.
    Come on by for a peek:) Lots of neat new house items including a huge brazier perfect for some of the larger prestige homes and guildhalls:)
    [IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Is it correct that there is no Nights of the Dead Devotee questline?
  8. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I suspect they do what they can do with what's available to them. A holiday so close to an expansion is a toughie.
  9. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

True.. but there has been more than one holiday pass recently without new quests. That, and, the expansion has happened at the same time every year, and there has always been at least one new quest for NotD.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Correct. The Nights of the Dead Devotee achievement took its place.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Well, I suppose I should rephrase that ;) an expansion and a holiday so close together on top of staff cuts...
    In any case. NOTD has always been pretty big and I hear we get a new Frostfell village for Frostfell, so...!!!
  12. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Ok, the dangling ones are not only pink cube but they place on top of the "ceiling tile" :)

[IMG]
    Kaitheel likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but they'd been working on that for months (the FF Village, not necessarily the staff cuts). ;->

Uwk
    who hopes that the new Village includes ways to get Frostfell Craft Stations all year 'round ;->
  14. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Now that's VERY true! :-D Ok, ok.. no more frowns. :p
  15. Gnaff Active Member

Really disappointed to see such lack of new fall house food decor . Was really looking forward to adding to my buffet tables :(
  16. Daenee Member

EEEEE! You guys DID add a Lujien illusion! I /feedbacked that so much over the summer! Thank you!

*runs around and flails her arms like a muppet.*
  17. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Got Altius quest, ran down beach and got the update, ran back to him, but he was not there! Finally found him under....in...the docks..

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Feara and Afista like this.
  18. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Did clicking on the statue always take you back to the front of the zone in the maze? I don't remember that, sure feel stupid!
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Nope. That was a player request that I was able to fulfill this year.

~ Kaitheel
    daicia, Eshaac, Afista and 7 others like this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

A problem, yes, but not with Altius. This is an inconsistent issue that has been spotted in a plethora of areas, causing NPCs to spawn under their spawn point. It has not been resolved as code have not been able to pin point the cause.

~ Kaitheel