Nights of the Dead 2013 Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Stella_AB New Member

I think it's intentional. He IS a raid mob. But as he is seasonal, we thought he'd be a little squishier. NOT. We tried to take him down with at least two groups (I know we had a raid, don't remember how many groups though. it was pick up) a few years ago and he just wiped us repeatedly until we all just gave up.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My gods, especially if this is one of the freakin' new requirements we need to finish to get the fluff title and the cool candy dish...this is ridiculous. :-/

Uwk
    Minnimi likes this.
  3. Minnimi New Member

if got the title Nights of the Dead Devotee without killing the Horseman,
    HAve a look for your Archievments, there are the six Quest listet you need to get the title.

4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good point! All but my latest four on my Gold account got it back in the old days, though, just by doing the easy scavenger hunt. :(

Uwk
  5. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

If "The Troubling Truth" is going to be required, the Professor's spawn in the field needs some serious reworking. I only wish I'd caught this on test. Last night two friends and I were working on the quest. One was afk when the professor spawned, so we waited for her to show up to hail him. All of us hailed, all of us got the update - and he despawned in the middle of the summoning spell! No scarecrow king. So we wait for the second spawn, and discover because we all got the update the first time he spawned, we can't get him to start the summoning! I delete the quest, fly to Windstalker to get it again, and I'm halfway back when he despawns again. Finally on the third summoning I'm able to trigger him and we get to beat up the scarecrow king. If something had gone wrong again (like us wiping), we would've had to wait over an hour to try again because the Professor only spawns 3 times at night, for very short periods each time.

Can he please be turned into a proximity spawn during the night? And spawn the scarecrow king when hailed by anyone on the quest, given the entirety of the quest is accept it, hail him, fight?

My main (Kariah on Crushbone) is also unable to get the quest at all, but I think I'll need to petition for that.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

As has been explained in past years they can't skip it as it sets up stuff for the encounter. See the problems mentioned above when the cut scene doesn't play properly.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, I don't buy that excuse of the devs at all (probably one of them working on it back In The Day was a film student wannabe and this was his masterpiece). Sarkon D'Ryil, the vampire lord PitA in the Loping Plains Haunted Mansion isn't an opponent until after he finishes monologing at you, but at the very least, you can prepare to fire off something immediately once he gets aggro. In the Hedge Maze, we as player characters go through a "transformation" over the loss of the Frictionless Piece of Eight that takes about a millisecond, to go from, say, small female gnome to LARGE generic gender werewolf, providing Hide My Illusion Form isn't checked. And, as I recall, we don't barf all over the place like Altius. Puss. >:-/

How's this for change: we get in a li'l sub-zone whose door out doesn't work until the boss monster is slain, check. We have to put up with his blithering at us through 2 milliseconds worth of change (from human dork to werewolf like us to uber-werewolf in old-fashioned football equipment). Check. After one last drama-king roar at us, he goes aggro and attacks, which puts us instantly on guard, since the li'l sub-zone is tiny, and he could see through Stealth or Invis (as can Sarkon, once the fight starts. He can't in other encounters until those fights start) and is still Epic x2. Check. Everything else, from the point where he goes aggro, is the same. Before the attack starts, we can't touch him with anything yet, he's Not An Enemy. But at the least, we don't have to deal with the damned ZONING back in from the end of the cutscene; depending on the computer, this can be literally lethal for a character, since the game is firmly convinced you're in game and can see what's going on and can react, whereas your computer might think, "oh, I don't need to display anything on the monitor yet, for I am slow and old. Surely, my user will be cool with this" and Uber-Wolf gets in several free hacks without any recourse from us. If you're trying this with a weak/squishy cloth-wearer without a pet, it's really tough. :-/

So, yeah, please, the cutscene needs to go, and they need to fix the center. If nothing else, I'd love to be able to go in there with a Coercer character who's less than level 65. :-|

Uwk
    who Betrayed a young Coercer to Illusionist just because of this
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Another thing I wish I'd thought of earlier, but is worth mentioning. The Axe of Decapitation is appearance-only, and yet restricted to scouts and plate-class fighters only. Appearance items should really be open to all classes.

Related to that, if appearance weapons (or is it the slots?) weren't class-restricted on dual-wielding, I would be delighted! My warlock would look awesome dual-wielding the Axe of Decapitation...
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yours too, eh? :)

Amen and +1! ;->

Uwk
    who thinks it probably is the slots, but if we could get these things no longer No-Trade/Heirloom only, that would help :-/
  10. Nesh New Member

Survive the Night

And a few others I think the once a year bit of a few should go to once per day or like a train to zone every 18 hours

Except the one time only then onto repeats. That open the end of the line or condensed version quests....

Survive the Night, This won't end well ...... Once every 18 hours and with more "Chalaging options" could do with on;medium , HARD , ULTRA , and Insanity modes.

More House loots , and not having to wait all year.

if there were pumpkin colored glasses : "To See Nights of the dead Events any time of year" etc. I wouldn't have to beg. But with 9 or so acts it's a tall order getting all the drops And would like things from yesteryears I missed.
    {For that fact holiday themed glasses per event that would open hidden reloaded instances..... esp if you have the crazy hours I work} or even tokens in SC store to warp to a fav... Holiday you "Missed out on"

However I think making a few of the quests that aren't repeatable , once a day or 1/2 a day repeatable would suffice.... And offering enhanced difficulty (and by doing so able to get an additional Reward ie house item one is trying to collect.)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's not a bad set of ideas, although I think having progressively more difficult versions of the same zones might complicate matters unduly; for instance, the Powers That Be who decreed we could only get the "Nights of the Dead Devotee" title by doing each and every single quest available (rather than a select handful, or a nice, relaxing little scavenger hunt) would then probably insist we finish all the iterations...and unless we're hard-core raiders, I don't see anyone being able to finish the high end versions, either solo or molo, and most of the quests these days are solo-geared (which is fine for me, IMHO, but still)... :-/

Uwk
  12. Raienya Member

I was really hoping to get an answer on why something was "fixed" that wasn't "broken" to begin with. I am, of course, speaking about the decision to change how the NoTD Devotee title is earned. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the treasure hunt. Forcing people to complete that pain in the rear Antonica quest line is just not cool.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The only answer I can think of is what people were saying about it, that since some of the other holidays had other methods for getting those titles, that the NotD title had to be "brought in line" with those. I really don't wanna know what they have in mind for Frostfell... :-/

Uwk
    hoping they'll instigate scavenger hunts for the other holidays next year, and give us back our NotD and FF ones